Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Death of a Salesman - HSN forum

Death of a Salesman

34 replies to this topic

#1 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:58 PM

I've never read this play, but I know it's a popular choice at Higher. Please use this thread to discuss it, and share your knowledge.

I found these notes which might be of use.

#2 $impl¥_®i¢h

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:54 PM

Im readin tht play for higher, and from readin those notes i must say tht eveything u need 2 know is in them.
Thanx for sharing... B)
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· $ î m p l y _ ® ï ¢ h `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·

user posted image

#3 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:44 PM

Hi!

I'm studying DOAS along with Assisi and Visitng Hour.

I was wondering if anyone has got any practice essays on the Death Of A Salesman they could share??

Also, can someone post the most vital quotes (and the significance of them) for DOAS as I find the ones in the internet either irrelevant or just too long-winded.

Any form of help would be much appreciated.

Ally :D

#4 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:46 PM

Any??? :unsure:

#5 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone else think this play is boring?Soz but I feel it is and I feel that I know absolutely nothing.My mum gets mad at me for complaining about it so much.Give me shakespeare any day.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#6 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:18 PM

::shivers:: Shakespear!

#7 Paul!"£$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Anything goes really

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

i went to see this play at th theatre in sg drama and it was soo boring sum was ok but no neva again
[color=Fur coat n nae "knickers"!!!!!!![/color]

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:20 PM

Here's a few other good links to Death Of A Salesman notes:

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/salesman/
http://www.bookrags.com/summary/deathsalesman.html
http://www.enotes.com/death-salesman/
http://www.revision-notes.co.uk/revision/16.html
http://www.homework-online.com/doas/index.asp

#9 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Nov 10 2004, 07:20 PM)

I did Death of a Salesman for Higher English last year... and hated it. I did use it in my exam though, and I found this site helpful in my prep:

Pink Monkey Literature Notes

Hope this helps...

#10 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:09 PM

Thanks will have a look tomorrow....when I'm not so sleepy.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#11 Quirkycat

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Nearly everything ...

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(ally @ Apr 5 2004, 06:44 PM)
Hi!

I'm studying DOAS along with Assisi and Visitng Hour.

I was wondering if anyone has got any practice essays on the Death Of A Salesman they could share??

Also, can someone post the most vital quotes (and the significance of them) for DOAS as I find the ones in the internet either irrelevant or just too long-winded.

Any form of help would be much appreciated.

Ally biggrin.gif

View Post

Yeah, I did a practise with the question 'How the author made my emotions change about one character (Willy)' or something like that ... I was quite pleased with that one, cos I spent ages on it ... you can see it if you want, BUT I'm not sure how to post it here/ send it to you ... it is, like three A4 pages long, heh, so if you tell me how to get it to you - its saved on Word - you can have it! (that goes for anyone else who wants it, lol!)

I quite liked this play, but I find it hard to remember quotes, any tips?

And, did any one else do 'The Outsider'? If you didn't, you're very lucky ... the most stupid book EVER ...!
LOL ... it's me again! *grabs ppl to stop them running away* Now just u stay and listen to me ... hehe!

#12 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:52 PM

Hi Quirkycat,

Thanks for the offer but I've finished Higher English now (sat the exam last year).

For remembering quotes, I just repeated them over and over in my head and they finally came to me.

#13 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

Hehee...have news WE'RE NOT DOING DOAS ANYMORE!!Time to celebrate...*starts to dance* <----we've wasted time on it tho sad.gif (stupid ex teacher)

Huggles

Ice maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

#14 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:42 PM

Hey guys!

Last year for my revision, I made mind maps for the key themes of DOAS but didn't get round to finishing them (rolleyes.gif). I've uploaded the mind maps that I have done on to a site.

Download them here.

#15 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

Aww, you are an actual life saver biggrin.gif ! I've been looking for good quality notes for it for a while now! Thank You!

I hate this play with a passion, and after Friday I shall be burning my copy! tongue.gif

#16 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 11 2005, 04:11 PM)
Aww, you are an actual life saver  biggrin.gif ! I've been looking for good quality notes for it for a while now! Thank You!

I hate this play with a passion, and after Friday I shall be burning my copy!  tongue.gif

View Post

Me too! laugh.gif I despise this play but my teacher loves it. She loves the writer Arthur Miller too... ohmy.gif I'll be glad to hear the end of Biff, Willy and the others. biggrin.gif

#17 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ May 11 2005, 05:01 PM)
Aww, you are an actual life saver  biggrin.gif ! I've been looking for good quality notes for it for a while now! Thank You!

I hate this play with a passion, and after Friday I shall be burning my copy!  tongue.gif

View Post

Me too! laugh.gif I despise this play but my teacher loves it. She loves the writer Arthur Miller too... ohmy.gif I'll be glad to hear the end of Biff, Willy and the others. biggrin.gif

View Post

Aww, I think it's been so overdone! Have you seen the DVD of it with Dustin Hoffman ? blink.gif I almost fell asleep! I really hope there isn't any questions on this in the paper on Friday mad.gif lol x

#18 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 11 2005, 07:44 PM)
Have you seen the DVD of it with Dustin Hoffman  ? blink.gif I almost fell asleep!

View Post

Tell mw about it. tongue.gif

Good luck for tomorrow! smile.gif

#19 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(ally @ May 12 2005, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 11 2005, 07:44 PM)
Have you seen the DVD of it with Dustin Hoffman  ? blink.gif I almost fell asleep!

View Post

Tell mw about it. tongue.gif

Good luck for tomorrow! smile.gif

View Post

Thanks alot! biggrin.gif I'll need it! unsure.gif

#20 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:00 PM

View Post

thumbsup.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I'm exactly the same!
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users