Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Advanced Higher Books - HSN forum

Advanced Higher Books

7 replies to this topic

#1 FcukWIT

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:08 PM

Is it just me or is it Really hard to find Advanced Higher Text books and notes. I have been to some book shops but with no luck. If I am lucky I could find some Past papers. I am taking Adv Higher Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I am starting to struggle with Chemistry and need some good text books to explain all those calculations. Can anyone help me?

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

all those you are doing have L&L past papers out

basically you cant get textbooks or things because there isnt any money to be made for books for such a small group of people to buy

however, A level level 2 sometimes has the same stuff in them so flick through a few and see what you can get

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:18 AM

Aye, you can get the past papers for all those subjects (see here).

As for textbooks for AH Maths, there's one for each unit which you can buy from bookstores or through amazon. There isn't any out for AH Chemistry, as far as I'm aware, but if you check the links out in the 'Higher' chemistry section of this site you may find something useful. The Advanced Higher chemistry forum also has notes hidden in it, so it's probably worthwhile reading some of the old threads there.

#4 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

For Advanced Higher Physics, try Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday. It is a first year undergraduate Physics text book, which covers all the things you will cover in Advanced Higher in great detail and is quite good for reference. For AH Maths, try Calculus a complete course by Robert Adams. Its also a first year uni textbook, but is very relevant to the advanced higher course and covers everything in great detail and has a load of example questions for you to try. Some of it is well beyond AH but the majority of it is relevant, and if you keep a look on how far you actually need to go with it then it will help you a lot. Hope that helps.

#5 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

Try this website its got the Teejay Advanced higher Maths Textbook order forms. The price is a bit steep but I have heard the book is good and they do past papers aswellTeejays books and past papers

#6 Pringles

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

Iam doing Adv Chemistry at the moment and bought a Chemistry textbook that was suited to first year chemistry but am finding it very useful. It deals really well with the calculations even though it goes past the course syllabus. You can find it at this link
Chemistry Textbooks

#7 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

My teacher just gave me the Scholar AH Physics textbooks. I've learnt the entire course solely from them, really.

#8 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

does anyone know where you can get the scholar textbooks? - for higher or advanced higher - can't find them ANYWHERE dry.gif more urgently for adv higher because there are so little resources for these courses unsure.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users