Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What really annoys you? - HSN forum - Page 2

What really annoys you?

179 replies to this topic

#21 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:10 PM

Aye, that.

A lovely 404 Not Found message.
@

#22 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(D_n_y @ Nov 21 2005, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE(Shaun @ Nov 21 2005, 01:37 PM)
TRAIN CONDUCTORS!  They  check your bleeping ticket before you go on the train, when your on the train etc etc.

I'm going to end up sticking my zonecard on my jacket for display so I don't have to keep going into and out my pocket to get it all the time!

View Post

just pretend your asleep, I dont think they are allowed to wake you. or if you have headphones, you can just look the other way and they dont bother with u. tongue.gif

View Post

Oh no! I've tried that! The guy nudged me. Someone tell me that that is illegal? I'm suing ScotRail. I was wearing headphones, and sleeping and I was nudged!

#23 SoDraconian

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff and doing nothing.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

Whee, good topic! I feel like I should be on Grumpy Old Women or something. =P

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Nov 21 2005, 10:26 AM)
i feel like getting at mothers with buggies..
for goodness sake! they act like they are queen's of the bloody road. "excuse me here".. "move now".. "cant u see im with a todler"? "have some respect"..

View Post

Ugh, this I agree with. Most parents are OK, but there's always the odd "I own the pavement, the road and the world -- sucks to be you" one. Note to self: don't go on a packed bus with a cello on your back. x_x;;

QUOTE(dehny @ Nov 21 2005, 03:31 PM)
parents who think that harry potter and goblet of fire is going to be ok for their 3 year old kid

View Post

Oh, yes. This was the main reason I went all rebellious and dragged my best friend down to the empty executive seats. Right in the middle. Mwahaha, we heard them all screaming with tiredness and lack of bladder control but the sound from the front drowned most of it out and no one had to crawl over us to leave. So brilliant, we didn't even get caught! ^^;

Here's an obvious one: NEDS! Says it all, really.

#24 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:22 PM

i really really hate it when people swear. its ok at times, it can be funny and effective at times, but it is NOT necessary at all times, and in every conversation, or for every second word to be a swear - not needed! dry.gif

also hate hearing little kids swearing, when they proberbly dont know what half the things they are saying mean - i mean i hardly understand the stuff!! thats what really, really bugs me!!! rolleyes.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#25 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:37 PM

I could probably go on forever here but I'll try not to.

-People who chew gum really loudly in public
-People who eat with their mouths open
-Small kids who swear at you. Sorry but you're ugly, half my height and will probably amount to no more than a junkie who robs French departments, so beat it!
-The woman who came into my work and her clubcard wouldn't work. She knew it wasn't working and wanted to know how I was going to give her her 20 pence worth of points. Err well I'm not because you need to go to a high street store as you well know!
-People who walk really slowly in front of you and when you try to walk around them they seem to move to that side, blocking you still!
-Bouncers who look at me and my friends as if we're scum because we're not 25. We pay your wages mate!
-Measures in pubs being too small
-The fact that it's £5 for a double in some bars
-My manager at work... she's a *@!$
-Being ditched by my friend who goes off and pulls anything that walks then moans about it later
-People who take up 4 seats on the train in the morning... it's rush hour mate, sort it out!
-Old people who push young people out of the way to get on the bus. And they say that the youth of today are a disgrace...

That's a short version, oops rolleyes.gif
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#26 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:05 PM

heh, good points

#27 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:28 PM

Bah! I need to find the hat that John Frusciante wears in the "Under The Bridge" video. Tis impossible to find!

Also, the poor quality of DVD audio once converted to DVD. I now have to edit all these Foo Fighter tracks.

#28 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 22 2005, 07:37 PM)

-Small kids who swear at you. Sorry but you're ugly, half my height and will probably amount to no more than a junkie who robs French departments, so beat it!
-The woman who came into my work and her clubcard wouldn't work. She knew it wasn't working and wanted to know how I was going to give her her 20 pence worth of points.  Err well I'm not because you need to go to a high street store as you well know!
-People who walk really slowly in front of you and when you try to walk around them they seem to move to that side, blocking you still!
-Bouncers who look at me and my friends as if we're scum because we're not 25. We pay your wages mate!
-My manager at work... she's a  *@!$
-Being ditched by my friend who goes off and pulls anything that walks then moans about it later
-People who take up 4 seats on the train in the morning... it's rush hour mate, sort it out!
-Old people who push young people out of the way to get on the bus. And they say that the youth of today are a disgrace...

That's a short version, oops  rolleyes.gif

View Post

Those two really do my friggin nut in as well!!!

#29 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 22 2005, 07:37 PM)

-The woman who came into my work and her clubcard wouldn't work. She knew it wasn't working and wanted to know how I was going to give her her 20 pence worth of points.  Err well I'm not because you need to go to a high street store as you well know!
-People who walk really slowly in front of you and when you try to walk around them they seem to move to that side, blocking you still!-Bouncers who look at me and my friends as if we're scum because we're not 25. We pay your wages mate!
-My manager at work... she's a  *@!$

That's a short version, oops  rolleyes.gif

View Post

yep, esp that last one. on the other hand, when there is a frail old lady needing a seat on the bus and all the teeny bopper girls sit there staring at the frail old woman and wont bother to move their leg of the spare seat next to them. mad.gif

#30 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Nov 22 2005, 06:10 PM)
Aye, that.

View Post

That's strange. It just redirects me to this.

#31 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Nov 21 2005, 03:56 PM)
Seconded. Infact, children in a cinema, full stop.

"Oh, who's he, Dad?", "I don't know", "Is he bad?", "I don't know!", "This is really cool, Dad", "Yes.", -kicks back of my chair- "Can I go to the toilet", "Wait five minutes", "I really need to go", -child procedes to laugh at every opportunity during the film, even though it's clearly put-on-, -then procedes to scream, chatter and generally annoy all those in the surrounding vacinity until the film ends-.

I just want to inflict pain upon them.

View Post

Grr. That annoys me. Also when your friend says "Did you see that?" while you're wathcing the film in the cinema. What do you think I was doing? Looking at the floor? mad.gif

#32 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:07 AM

i also hate it when noone lets you out of a car park to get onto a road ie cars streaming down noone stops to let you onto the road

#33 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Ally @ Nov 23 2005, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE(tuppence @ Nov 22 2005, 06:10 PM)
Aye, that.

View Post

That's strange. It just redirects me to this.

View Post

And when I lcick on that I get this:

Google
Error

Not Found
The requested URL /sorry/?continue=http://www.books.google.com/ was not found on this server.

Google does not like me.
@

#34 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Nov 21 2005, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE(dehny @ Nov 21 2005, 03:31 PM)
parents who think that harry potter and goblet of fire is going to be ok for their 3 year old kid

View Post

Seconded. Infact, children in a cinema, full stop.

"Oh, who's he, Dad?", "I don't know", "Is he bad?", "I don't know!", "This is really cool, Dad", "Yes.", -kicks back of my chair- "Can I go to the toilet", "Wait five minutes", "I really need to go", -child procedes to laugh at every opportunity during the film, even though it's clearly put-on-, -then procedes to scream, chatter and generally annoy all those in the surrounding vacinity until the film ends-.

I just want to inflict pain upon them.

View Post

may i just say.. i was that stupid kid tonight.. and.. well.. i kinda feel really shit about it.. harry potter, i totally didnt get and was absolutely clueless, and well i kept nudgin the person next to me about what was going on and everything and there were 4 of us and i was at one end and the guy on the other end said that they could totally hear me.. so.. id just like to apologise about being an absolute twit tonite.. and also.. if ur ever thinking of going to the movies with me.. tell me what movie it is and if.. if it is a sequal/continuation of something,, TELL ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE OTHER ONES!!.. or else.. ill be pesterin u throughout the movie.. cos i hate sitting at the movies and not knowing whats actually happenin and why.

#35 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

People who don't press the wait button while waiting for the traffic lights to change so they can cross. Such dumbasses, doesn't even occur to them that the traffic lights perhaps didn't change yet because they haven't pressed the bloody button yet! And they have the nerve to comment on how long it takes. Press the button, you idiotic excuse of a human being!

#36 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

Why does no textbook that I can find have proper coverage of the anastomoses of the limbs??
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#37 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

todays stupid PSE day

pointless just doing Tree of Knowledge which we did last year mad.gif

#38 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

Little neds at school. They seem to multiply every year! We sixth-years get no respect from them either, that'll change when the snowball fights start though! shifty.gif pinch.gif innocent.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#39 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

I agree with Lynn! Noisy eaters! Eurgh. I was watching a film for uni, and the dude in it chewed with his mouth open. It was so vile I had to turn off the volume for a bit.

Other things that annoy me...

- Having to take so many tablets
- People who jump queues. A wee old biddy seemed to think she could just wander in in front of me in Marks and Sparks the other day. I showed her who was boss by barging past her and shoving my stuff down on the conveyor belt. She was all, "Oh, I'm terribly sorry dear!" So you bloody should be, I know I'm skinny but I'm not invisible
- Teenified McFly fans. They're a nightmare. The squeal ALL the time
- My mum not letting me go to London
- Having to ask my friends if they want to do something three weeks in advance
- People who talk in lectures
- People who talk in tutorials (like the girl in my French tutorial this week. It was just plain rude. The tutor ended up going, "Oh, it's ok, I'm only talking!" and mega rude girl went, "Oh. I'm sorry." But she didn't mean it)
- People who look down on pop music. It just means "popular" music. The Beatles were pop. Get yourselves sorted out
- Perverted old men on MySpazz
- Weirdo innurnet boys asking for a date after talking to you for ten minutes
- People who can't type/spell properly and have the cheek to think they're smarter than me
- In fact, make that people who are as thick as mince yet think they're wonderful in every way

There's probably more, I get annoyed easily.

#40 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Nov 24 2005, 10:49 AM)
People who don't press the wait button while waiting for the traffic lights to change so they can cross. Such dumbasses, doesn't even occur to them that the traffic lights perhaps didn't change yet because they haven't pressed the bloody button yet! And they have the nerve to comment on how long it takes. Press the button, you idiotic excuse of a human being!

View Post

im bad for that i never press the button for 2 reasons

1. most drivers ignore them here
2. i can usually cross before theyve changed
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland ber alles,
ber alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brderlich zusammenhlt,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland ber alles,