Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Winter discussion thread - HSN forum - Page 8

Winter discussion thread

154 replies to this topic

#141 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Mar 12 2006, 02:39 PM) View Post
If you keep saying things like that, people will start to think I'm violent.

A lady just walked past the house wearing a bobble hat. With ear flaps. I had one of them. But it was too wee for me. sad.gif

I have a massive head.

I love how observant snow makes me.

You, violent? Never...unless a computer is involved. tongue.gif

I've lost my bobble hat again. crying.gif It's somewhere in my cupboard I think.

#142 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

I was seeing my friends in Glasgow last night, stayed up for most of the night in the snow! Awesome biggrin.gif

#143 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:17 PM

Just had a snow fight out in the street. T'was fun! happy.gif

Edit: Took this photo of my dog out in the snow. tongue.gif

IPB Image

#144 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

Jeez. We had like, ...a foot... of snow yesterday. Lots of drifts too. Church was cancelled ohmy.gif

I cant stand snow at this time of hte year. I had a good snowball fight today at school (do not comment on my immatureness) but snow is just horrible when someone comes and pushes you over and takes your shoes off you to leave you waddling back to the school in soaking feet sad.gif mad.gif

#145 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Apparently the Gunbarrel run on Cairngorm is flat. It's a gully like ten feet deep, so that's a lot of drifting.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#146 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

yeah was pretty heavy in glasgow was lucky very lucky to get a taxi back after clubbing. must have got like the last one tongue.gif

P.S. wedge ur dog looks freezing, give him a hug or something.

#147 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:45 PM

nice dog! the snows not been back yet here, its sunny and fairly warm out side! not a clowd in the sky lol
gizmo
x
x
x

if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#148 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Some more photos (not mine):

IPB Image

Birmingham yesterday:

IPB Image

IPB Image

(see http://www.theweathe....TOPIC_ID=45085)

The access road to Cairngorm Mountain base station yesterday:

IPB Image

Looking down the White Lady on Cairngorm (notice the drift up to the funicular track):

IPB Image

(see http://www.highland-..../14/index.html)
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#149 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

Man, that looks awesome! Edinburgh f*cking sucks for snow!

Btw Bred the last link gives a 404 for me.

Bred: the bracket was included in the URL but I've sorted it now.

#150 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

It snowed here this morning. Big snow. But it's all gone now, it rained.

Still fricking cold though.

Although, there's still a big lump of snow outside my house. It won't melt. It looks quite random, there's no snow anywhere else.

#151 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

It's snowing again!!!!! couple of inchs already biggrin.gif

actually can;t really afford the time off school, deadlines and all sad.gif damn this snow.

#152 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

we had snow....no one in my physics class noticed until the teacher said though...damn fool....he had most of the class oohing and aaahing at the window for the rest of the period dry.gif

#153 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

lol think thats bad!!

my physics teacher and i quote...

TEACHER: "well i am off to aberdeen this weekend"
PUPIL: "why?"
TEACHER " Because it is going to snow there. no school on monday whooohoo"

#154 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:19 AM

there was a tad of snow here too. nothing lying - more jsut teh stuff that looks like a bad case of dandruff when it lands on your hair.

its toooo laaaaaaate for snow i htink sad.gif

#155 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:03 PM

Although the meteorological calendar may have winter finishing when March arrives, it is alive and well in the mountains. Ski Club reported 90/135cm of snow on Cairngorm today - the highest all season! That's where I'm off to tomorrow! biggrin.gif Better get off to bed - 6 AM start!

Edit: fresh snow on Cairngorm today (22/05)! See http://www.cairngormmountain.com/website/webcam.asp

Edited by bred, 22 May 2006 - 09:29 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users