Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Gaelic - HSN forum

Higher Gaelic

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mackie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:50 PM

Hey ne1 doin their higher gaelic learners on wednesday?

#2 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

I wanna do higher gaelic in 6th year but my school has no facilities for it! Buggers.

#3 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

Thought this was the best place to put my question...

basically, as part of a research project i have to do for D of E . . . me and my group are looking at an area of the West Coast.

There's a loch though, that's important to the area we're studying , called

"Loch Leathad a bhaile fhoghair"

Just wondering if any of the gaelic speakers here would be able to translate it for me!
I know a bit of Gaelic myself -but not sure about this.

Also - a ruined croft shown in the 1700's maps as being "Clachhallick shieling"... any ideas what that could be? I guess it's "stone" from "Clach"... dunno about the "Hallick" part though (looks like they spelt it wrong anyway!)
ta.

#4 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:26 PM

Hey ne1 doin their higher gaelic learners on wednesday?

I'm doing the learners higher this year, but it;s not til a week on tuesday unsure.gif

I wanna do higher gaelic in 6th year but my school has no facilities for it! Buggers.

That's crap...the Gaelic learners higher is one of the easiest IMO

"Loch Leathad a bhaile fhoghair"

Leathad = slope/brae although Leathan = broad

and "bhaile fhoghair" i think is autumn village or autumn town

Maria or Sofax would be the best ones to ask though, cause they;re both fluent

Clachhallick shieling

I would say it has something to do with a stone, but i dunno about the second part

#5 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

Cheers Nathan!! that had actually been my original thought! thanks for the help!! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users