Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Can you help? - HSN forum

Can you help?

21 replies to this topic

#1 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

Hey folks!

I'm knew here.

I have started my own general discussion forum called Monkey Legs and was wondering if anyone can help. All I need you to do is register and get posting in order to help the forum grow. Tell you friends about it too. If anyone would like to be a moderator then register and send Admin a personal message.

Monkey Legs

The forum is going to require a lot of work so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

#2 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

Monkey Legs is expanding so please feel free to register!

I am still looking for moderators!

Thanks!

#3 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:15 PM

My hatred of InvisionFree cannot be described by words alone...

#4 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

May I ask why?

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:26 PM

It looks good but, IMO, you need something there which will attract users of teh interweb. At the moment, there's tons of General Chat forums around.

Arcade section?
Blog section?
Gallary section?

Just some suggestions. Not sure if you can implement them onto the forum on InvisionFree. Scott will probably know...

#6 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

Great advice Ally. Thank you!

I will look and see what I can do.

#7 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:21 PM

Monkey Legs now has an arcade!

Everyone is welcome to register and have fun!

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

Ah, Copter Crash. What a legendary game.

#9 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:06 PM

Well the forum is FINALLY beginning to take shape. I have put a lot of work into it so all I need now is a few members.

If you need something to do please register on Monkey Legs and have some fun at the arcade games.

Thank you!

P.S. Thank you Ally for the idea!!!

#10 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(James @ Nov 5 2005, 02:16 PM)
May I ask why?

View Post

Whenever we got a convert at IPS yo move from Invision Free to our own hosting it was a nightmare trying to get IF to send us an SQL Schema. They were always horrible to those that decided to make the move and refused to support them. Duffman decided to bring in some absolute morons into the technician base and they were awful for support too. There's other stuff which I can't say for another 3 years cause I signed an Non Disclosure Agreement with IPS! But, put it this way. Avoid Invision Free as best as you can.

#11 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

Aye, another thing. InivisonFree forums have big annoying URLs. Don't know if all do, but most I've seen have them...

#12 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:45 PM

If anyone is bored please visit Monkey Legs! I am in need of more members. You could here a pin drop in the forum right now. Its easy to register so why not register and have a shot of the new arcade. I am sure there are people here who can beat the high scores!

Monke Legs

Also, I am still looking for moderators!

Thanks to those from HSN who have already registered! biggrin.gif

#13 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:17 PM

That forum looks sweet! Very unique design - cool logo too!

The arcade is a good addition but I've noticed that it's running out of bandwidth... might be a problem.

#14 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE($D$2 @ Nov 16 2005, 10:17 PM)
That forum looks sweet!  Very unique design - cool logo too!

The arcade is a good addition but I've noticed that it's running out of bandwidth... might be a problem.

View Post

Thanks! Bandwidth problem sorted!

Monkey Legs now has its own Chat Room!

Everyone is welcome to join Monkey Legs for a bit of fun! Im sure there is people here who can beat the high scores on the Arcade! smile.gif

#15 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:25 PM

Can some people give me feedback on what you think of my forum?

N.B. You will need to register to have a shot of the arcade and chatroom.

Thanks folks!

#16 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

shouldnt HSN be on the weblinks

shame on you for not having it there already!:P

and i can moderate anything me (would be the only reason i would join lol )

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#17 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(James @ Nov 20 2005, 06:11 PM)
Thanks! Bandwidth problem sorted!

View Post

Sure?

#18 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:31 AM

Wish that bandwidth problem with the image on the background would get sorted out now. It's giving me a headache looking at that!!!

#19 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Nov 25 2005, 10:31 AM)
Wish that bandwidth problem with the image on the background would get sorted out now. It's giving me a headache looking at that!!!

View Post

Should all be sorted now! Phew! smile.gif

#20 James

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:23 PM

I have upgraded the arcade and added lots of new addictive games. What do you think? Tell me if you spot any bugs. I have already fixed about a million bugs already lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users