HSN Meet-Up (Mk II)

157 replies to this topic

Poll: Where should we all meet up? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Where should we all meet up?

1. Glasgow (31 votes [59.62%])

Percentage of vote: 59.62%

2. Edinburgh (10 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

3. Stirling (1 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

4. Aberdeen (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Dundee (1 votes [1.92%])

6. Airdrie (For Lindsay!) (1 votes [1.92%])

7. Other (For those who are just plain difficult) (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Oct 31 2005, 11:31 PM)
Good point.

Also, if it is in Glasgow, can the people who live there pay for my self defence course?

Thanks in advance.

View Post

As long as we stay out of the East end you should be fine

#22 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Oct 31 2005, 10:31 PM)
Good point.

Also, if it is in Glasgow, can the people who live there pay for my self defence course?

Thanks in advance.

View Post

Dude, I live in Dalkeith, I'll get you sorted out with basic idea of "chibbing" and such.

The basic attack modes in Glasgow are the following:

The drunken jakey: usually aged between 40-55 and enjoys drinky bucky by the litre. Weapons - Ranges from a cheap swiss army knife to a fruit knife. Best mode of Defence - Distraction: Go to the nearest off license, buy some bucky and lure the unsuspecting jakey into a corner, leave the bucky then leg it.

Neds: Use similar style to "The drunken Jakey", also try saying that it's giro day and they only have 5 more minutes until they can pick up their cash.

Old Firm Fans: See Neds.

For All Other People: Consider yourself screwed. If we get surrounded then chances are I'll need to take them on myself. I'm more used to the trench warfare found in Dalkeith, but I can maybe adapt to arm-to-arm combat.

I suggest you write a will before you go.

#23 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

I am an old firm fan ohmy.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#24 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Oct 31 2005, 11:02 PM)
I am an old firm fan ohmy.gif

View Post

Well then you can probably take me in a fight tongue.gif

#25 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

Oh come on. This is me you're talking about tongue.gif

Actually, I may be taller which puts me at an advantage cool.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#26 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Oct 31 2005, 11:06 PM)

View Post

Which side of the in firm do you support tongue.gif

I love annoying fans of the in firm. It's just wwaaaaayy too easy tongue.gif

#27 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 31 2005, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Oct 31 2005, 11:06 PM)

View Post

Which side of the in firm do you support tongue.gif

I love annoying fans of the in firm. It's just wwaaaaayy too easy tongue.gif

View Post

Celtic.

I'm actually a bigger fan of tennis, although I still have an interest in Celtic smile.gif

#28 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

Lets just hope that there's no Rangers fans on HSN then... surprised.gif

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:22 PM

haha, yeah because I surely am a troublemaker laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

#30 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Oct 31 2005, 11:22 PM)
haha, yeah because I surely am a troublemaker laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif

View Post

I slagged Celtic a few weeks ago when we played them, so it's currently Rangers turn to get ripped. Be assured though that once I find a Rangers fan to scream abuse at I shall move onto you tongue.gif

Nah, I only enjoy annoying the stupid fans on the internet who spew their sectarian crap despite the fact that they've probably never set foot in a church in their life. Also those that just talk utter crap about football.

Anyways back on topic...Edinburgh! There's less chance of old firm fans being there tongue.gif (May wanna dismiss any part of Ireland for that reason too!)

#31 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:26 AM

I'm not going unless its Glasgow!! But even if it is i'll doubt i'll come along!! smile.gif

i am not even making any sense here, but hey! lol
beast

#32 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:12 AM

I'm not going unless its Glasgow!! But even if it is i'll doubt i'll come along!!

i am not even making any sense here, but hey! lol

Don't worry I understood!! I can get to Glasgow but I'm at work or school all the time so prob can't come either.
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#33 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

Come to Dundee...please! biggrin.gif It's the only way I'd be able to come... I'm apparently grounded till I'm 35. huh.gif Oh dear!!

#34 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:35 PM

Glasgow seem to be winning! w00t! Go Glasgow, go Glasgow!!!! biggrin.gif

#35 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:01 PM

South east of England would be dead handy...
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#36 Ross_Hend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Computer games(tats why my website is my clans) but i play guitar as well.<br /><br />Prob sound i rite loser lik but who cares.<br /><br />I also play football, tennis, golf and any other sport tats goin.<br /><br />Nothing much else to do it elgin, its a dump and has nothing for us to do except have fights and get drunk. I do neither lol!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

South east England??? mmmk

how abot no? well i woodnt cum, i wood spoil it wit fightin biggrin.gif

LoL

I say edinburgh and glasgow r basically the same except glasgow is a dump. ITs just as easy 2 get 2 either!

#37 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Please note: Glasgow is NOT , i repeat Not a dump!!

Its the best city ever!! tongue.gif tongue.gif
beast

#38 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Yeah yeahhhhhhhh!!!

tongue.gif

#39 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Nov 1 2005, 05:25 PM)
Please note: Glasgow is NOT , i repeat Not a dump!!

Its the best city ever!! tongue.gif  tongue.gif

View Post

I've lived here all my life, and i disagree!

#40 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

see!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users