HSN Meet-Up (Mk II)

157 replies to this topic

Poll: Where should we all meet up? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Where should we all meet up?

1. Glasgow (31 votes [59.62%])

Percentage of vote: 59.62%

2. Edinburgh (10 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

3. Stirling (1 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

4. Aberdeen (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Dundee (1 votes [1.92%])

6. Airdrie (For Lindsay!) (1 votes [1.92%])

7. Other (For those who are just plain difficult) (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jan 9 2006, 01:23 AM)
There's nowt wrong with meeting internet folk. Saying that, I've only ever met one net person and that was Jill who I, by chance, bumped into on the train. (Hello Jill, btw! Not spooooken to you in ages. Hope you're okay).

I'll never understand these GOT TO KEEP THE INTERNET SEPERATE FROM 'REAL LIFE' type people. I mean, fair do's if you don't want to go to a forum "meet up" or whatever (I can understand, I'm rather too shy to go meeting groups of people unsure.gif Although I guess I'd like to - can never have too many friends!), but if you get along with someone you chat to on a forum or msn then where's the big problem with going for a beer with them?

It's just another way to meet people. And there's nothing wrong with expanding your social horizons. Not that I'm saying that everyone should go meeting people from the net immediately right now go go go!!, I mean obviously only do so if you feel comfortable with it. Don't just do it for the hell of it. Yeah.

i r making sense.

View Post

i could see it in the situation of HSN... most of the ppl here (i hope) are round about the uni/upper high school age. and i have spoken to many of u for a while now on this forum... but i guess its just what i personally think ay. im a bit uneasy about meeting up with ppl i really dont know. and in a way its kinda good that i havnt met ppl from here, after all.. the amount of s*** ive talked about on this forum... (usually endless spam)... really doesn't show my true character.... and also, the whole " 'friend'too close to advise, 'stranger' too distant to talk to about issues".. somehow ppl from in there are in the middle (u know who u r)... damn.. i sound like a idiot.. but.. hey.. thats what i mean.

#142 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

I really don't get the whole wanting to keep the internet and the "real world" separate. The Internet just IS part of the real world for me. I spend a lot of time online, I spend a lot of time talking to people and I think that online me and real life me are pretty much the same. Only online I'm a bit crueler to stupid people. But that's just because I think it's funny.

#143 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 9 2006, 02:34 PM)
I really don't get the whole wanting to keep the internet and the "real world" separate.  The Internet just IS part of the real world for me.  I spend a lot of time online, I spend a lot of time talking to people and I think that online me and real life me are pretty much the same.  Only online I'm a bit crueler to stupid people.  But that's just because I think it's funny.

View Post

lol! nice one Lindsay. i totally agree though. i thought i'd never meet anyone from the net, just wasn't safe, & all that, but i think if you take care (ie. don't meet someone you've known for about 5 minutes) & trust your instincts, its usually ok. the worst i've had happen is that i didn't really have much to say to the person in real life, but hey!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#144 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Jan 7 2006, 11:18 PM)
well.. im too chicken nd also id like to keep to bits of my day to day business seperate lol.

View Post

So you like to lead two, seperate lives?

Hmmm interesting! ph34r.gif

#145 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

^ Haha, totally.

I've never understood the concept of "real life" and "internet life". I mean, having a whole seperate LIFE on t'internet? Whuuuuut?

That's like having a serperate "phone life" or something. *scratches head*
@

#146 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:38 PM

Haha, thats a god point actually.

Now, i could understand if you wanted to lead seperate lives if you were a liar of some sort...

I think there should be a wee meeting in edinburgh, just since i'm back. Anyone up for it?

Hahaha

#147 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

i am

#148 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

I might be up for it, as I haven't been to Edinburgh for a long time.

#149 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

Edinburgh sounds good smile.gif. Wait til I'm better though. sad.gif

#150 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Jan 9 2006, 04:38 PM)
I think there should be a wee meeting in edinburgh, just since i'm back. Anyone up for it?

View Post

Yeah, it's back to spending most of our time at Teviot wink.gif

#151 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

Damn right haha.

#152 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Jan 9 2006, 04:38 PM)
Now, i could understand if you wanted to lead seperate lives if you were a liar of some sort...

View Post

not really. its sometimes easier to talk to a person you've never met but known. and if you r suggesting that im leading 2 different lives because i am a liar... thats ur judgement i guess. i dont see why i shouldnt be a different person when im online.. a lot more open cos i know that i would never meet the person in real life .. and even if i did.. i dont think i would recognise them.

#153 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

I wasn't suggesting anything. I'm just saying, look at the news.

#154 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:52 PM

I'd probably go to one of these meet-ups - if it was in Edinburgh not Glasgow. mad.gif tongue.gif

But I do agree to an extent with itsmereally (not sure if he's making this point exactly) - you can never know if someone is lying about who they are online. So, I'd probably only go if it's a group meet-up.

#155 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

If there is going to be one soon then I can make this weekend but not the following one (I'll be in Glasgow but with the swim team) or the one after that (again away with the swim team, this time in Newcastle).

So who else would be up for next Saturday? Cinema and bar?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#156 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

If i had money i would but i dont have money

#157 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:52 AM

I'm going home that weekend... biggrin.gif Typical?!

#158 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:WWE/Wrestling, MSN, PS2, Xbox, DVDs, havin fun with my mates, Reading, the usual malarky

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:40 AM

Go for it:)
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users