Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How was your day today? - HSN forum - Page 3

How was your day today?

880 replies to this topic

#41 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

Mmm my day

got up, got 7:30 train had classes from 9 to 1 without a break, hour for lunch then man sci which btw is the WORST not helped by having an iranian lecturer but you know...

feeling moody now so someone entertain me!:P

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#42 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

Doing work in school and then doing homework lol
Plus I posted a problem in the Maths forum, and noone has replied, is it because they are hard? lol

#43 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

No worries Stallone, Im sure somebody who has both the intelligence and the audacity to enter the maths forum will help you. Please note I am not that person.

#44 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Rocky @ Oct 11 2005, 09:20 PM)
Doing work in school and then doing homework lol
Plus I posted a problem in the Maths forum, and noone has replied, is it because they are hard? lol

View Post

Yes it really is although someone will eventually

#45 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Oct 11 2005, 09:19 PM)
Mmm my day

got up, got 7:30 train had classes from 9 to 1 without a break, hour for lunch then man sci which btw is the WORST not helped by having an iranian lecturer but you know...

feeling moody now so someone entertain me!:P

View Post

I was in the Strathy uni area today and am positive i saw you. Was at about 3 jsut outside some lecture theatre that you need to go downstairs to...

Easy day. Had a lovely lie in 'til 8 ( dry.gif )then had to run to get the 8.37 bus. Err, got to uni about 930. Criminal law lecture at 10 - 11. After that off to starbucks for a mingle with the uni girls - lots of afro talk - then into town to meet other friend for starbuck-ing purposes. She had Sociology lecture at 3 and i decided to join her for the craic.. why oh why? Bored stiffless. Saw lots of schoolies there though so was all good. We then went to strathclyde union, had a game off pool then trotted off home.

Since getting home i have watched neighbours, had yummy quiche for dinner, *tried* to read a statute and had a nap. Delightful.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#46 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

yip that was me

loads of people are seeing me and dont see them, i want to see people as well!!! no fair

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#47 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(Shaun @ Oct 11 2005, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE(broughy @ Oct 10 2005, 09:37 PM)
today i.....

got up at half 7, was at the bus stop by 7.50, got the bus into town. went to greggs at george square for breakfast before my 9am lecture. went to my dynamics & relativity lecture, where i swear the lecturer speaks in greek (he's german, & therefore impossible to understand) & writes on the overhead in heiroglyphics, his writing is that illegible! after that lecture, me & my friend Emma went to the library & had a gossip whilst doing the tutorial problems for the properties of matter tutorial we had at 11 & the maths tutorial at 12. went to the 2 tutorials. spent a very productive hour in properties of matter drawing pretty stars all over my notepad, due to the fact that this (physics, i may add) class is basically higher chemistry revisited. found out in maths that we'd completely wasted our time, because the tutorial questions were to be done during the tutorial & not before like we'd thought, so had a bit of a muck about with our large happy band of physics/maths buddies, & then went home, arrived home about 2ish, & the rest of the day has been spent sleeping & doing uni work. fun stuff.

View Post

OMG! Are you in year one physics? I had a dynamics and relatvity lecture with the same guy!!!

View Post

nope, i'm 2nd year physics

QUOTE(lesley @ Oct 11 2005, 09:44 PM)

I was in the Strathy uni area today and am positive i saw you. Was at about 3 jsut outside some lecture theatre that you need to go downstairs to...

View Post

i was in the lab right next to there from 2-5 this afternoon. random fact for you!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#48 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

really tiring

doube english then organising a carwash for charity, then school photos, then pupil council meetting and followed by an hour na half doing headboy duties
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#49 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

It was an awkward drive to school today. In the car with a cello (belonged to next dr neighbour gemma), trombone case (brother alex's), guitar case (my sister rachels), pipes case (mine), violin case (mine) and A2 art folder (mine). We looked like gyppos coming out of the music van. laugh.gif
it was one of these days when i have no choice but to bring the lot. wink.gif

And it is still pouring rain here, a bit of flooding too. (Is it raining everywhere in scotland???)

Had msuic first, then i went to the art staff base to do some french work. Left half way throughthe period for a violinney lesson (havent had one in AGES). Was pretty hard wink.gif

Hten after break we were in art developing some pictures we took with the pinhole cameras we made - its a great satisfaction when you see pics that you actually dad with a camera that you made!! Then i did some mounting of some paintings and drawings for my foliooooo.

Went for lunch (tattie and lentil soup and then beef something or other with rice).
Went back to music to practise pipes - wasnt pestered today which was good smile.gif

After lunch went up to music - message hanging on the door saying that we had to go to english room 8 instead becasue of the 1st yr enterprise thingy. Went up to english where we were told to go to science. went up 5 flights of stairs to science with the rest of the class only to find out we had gone up the wrong flight. Went all the way back down again and up the next flight of stairs (why the hell dont they have lifts these days).

Oh how i hate the science classrooms - havent been in one since standard grade physics. The fill-in teacher was a geeky chemistry teacher who could barely speak english. I figured that there was no point in staying in the classroom so me and mr head-boy Lewis went out to "a very important pupil council meeting". Not. Went down to art and music depts to collect my belongings and struggled onto bus home with violin on back (yey, i love the straps on that case), pipe case and art folder. Wasnt much of a problem til a fat lady wiht shopping bags tried to sit next to me. rolleyes.gif

Came home to find my sister had arrived home from the north (she had a nursing interview in Inverness Raigmore Hospital childrens ward). Got the crack from her, and then came up to here.

#50 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:32 PM

i've had a lazy day today compared to all u uni peeps....got up bout 11am and went into town to have lunch with some friends...then i went and looked at nu trainers and decided they wer 2 xpensive....i'll have to go to glasgow and get sum nxt week....am so bored 2nite...parents have gone shopping and its only allana thats on msn....ah well....will try and do some of the mountain of homework on my desk....teachers should realise we need a holiday 2!!

#51 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

My day has been relativly unexciting really. Had a 9am start at uni today, got soaked when i got off the train and was walking up to campus. Went to my tutorials and then finished at 1!
Tonight has been good tho - had a lovely dinner in pizza hut biggrin.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#52 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

I've done extreme so now for the other

It was OK.

#53 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

today....

was in uni, obviously. had the lab from 10-12, then a biomedical engineering lecture from 12-1. i love those lectures, they're the only ones i really find interesting! at 1, i met my friend Ali to get the bus home, arrived home about 2, then just messed around for a bit before going to work for 4-8. work's all weird at the minute, cos we're in the process of converting to morrisons. came home, had dinner, & thats all there is to tell!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#54 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Oct 12 2005, 09:32 PM)
I've done extreme so now for the other

It was OK.

View Post

ach lol c'mon. i write a yard a day, keeps......everyone elses posts away.

#55 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

oh right then.

First i woke up at half 6 and thought im tired so i'll lie in my bed but i slept in til just about 7 and was only woken up then by a cat walking over me.
Then i got ready and stuff and ironically the morning i sleep in i am the earliest i have eevr been for a bus blink.gif i got that at quarter to 8.

Then got the train from stirling at 8.45(it was a minute late!) and then went into glasgow, me and henry went to the internet cafe cos i was starving. Then i went to my Finance lecture at 10. Then i came out of that and went back to the interenet cafe place(even though i didnt have anything else to do for the day but my brothers on holiday so i would have never have been able to get on).

Then i got the 12.18 train from glasgow(not an express train so it took ageeeeees). then i walked around stirling looking for a wintery jacket but still haven't found anything yet.

Today i got the first full use out of my mittens! they are completely impractical and just try putting earphones in your ears with them on laugh.gif .

Then i came home and wandered about watched tv then came on here then i had my dinner thrn i bribed my brother so he'd let me back on.

I think thats most things

#56 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

school was crap, in a school board meeting from 6 til 7 then sprint to pub for scotland game
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#57 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

Time for my yard of the day lol

TIRED. Had music first, wehre i started a new piece on the peeeeeeano. Its a reel - so i like the kind of music - but its all different playing it on the piano. Middle C wasnt workin on the damn piano thugh so it sounded crappy.
Then off I went to the art department for the rest of the day. I was concentrating on sculpture. A few weeks ago I (and macaulay) made a plaster cast of my own face. Scary stuff. So I was doing a bit on that, putting clay into the mould of my face so that i kind of have a clay replica type thing. Its weird when its your OWN face y'know?

Then lewis and myslef did a bit on the huge collage of steve mccurry's pakistan 1985. Its going really well.

So yeah, basically I am just doing a lot of really exciting (in my opinion!) projects in art at the moment.

Near the end of the day I got a bit tired adn decided to clear my space in the art staff base. It was covered in plater dust. And there was piles of junk. One of the miniature painings i started weeks ago is now permanently glued into the table. I spent about 15 minutes trying desperately to pull dried modrock of the tabe. I can now proudly say my space is the cleanest biggrin.gif.

Miss campbell called us each in for a review of what we have done so far in our projects. Good reports so im happy. The big thing i need to concentrate on now is trying to finish off all the seperate wee projects i still havent finished. I have a tendancy to start them and then move onto other things. She gave us a list of things to do over the holidays (which start tomorrow).

I got the bus into bathgate afterwards and walked with my friend fiona from bathgate to home. We stopped off at the newsagents to get some jelly babies cos i had mentioned them and then we both had a strange craving!! rolleyes.gif

Remembered suddenly while i was walking that i had a hair appointment at 4.30. That time it was 4.05. Hurried home, tried to get the plater dust out of my hair (which looked rather like a nest), then went to the hairdressers. Got it cut - layers re-done and stuff, not dyed) and made all neat for a change. We saw dad walkin along the road when we were driving back so i shoved my head out of the window and yelled "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!" *waved madly* cos he wasn seeing us. That wrecked the neatness of my hair.

Just had dinner - spag bol, which isnt really my favourite. I have a bit of an itchy neck cos of the haircut. Its a bit tooo short a mon avis.

I am about to start drawing, first im goin to takke a pic outa the window cos i've just noticed that the skye is beautiful (IT HAS STOPPED RAINING!!! biggrin.gif) . Will give the pipes a rest for tonight. Going into Edinburgh later to my sisters flat to see how they are doing.

Sorry for the yard btw, i like writing out all i did cos it gets it out of my head lol.

#58 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

again im slowly getting bored sooooo...

i got up at half 9 (yayyyy lie in biggrin.gif ) then had a shower and washed my hair got dressed got my breakfast and then left at 11.
Then i got the 11.53 train(not the express train so through larbert, croy,lenzie and bishopbriggs pfffft!) and the number of old people that got on it was huge!(ooo and i forgot im sure a guy in a black coat followed me of the train up to the john anderson building) By the time i got there i had to go to my finance tutorial all about interest and annuities and she called me one of the clever ones! biggrin.gif

Then i went to the library wireless bit to play with henry, and stayed there for 2 hours ph34r.gif i didnt want to come home cos my brother is off and he is so very annoying.

Then i went to the burger king at the train station at about 10 to 4 cos i realised that i hadnt had any lunch and i was starving. Then i got the 4.18 train home (again not the express one dry.gif )

Then whilst in stirling i went to superdrug to buy hankies theni got the bus came home watched tv then came here.

#59 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

Erm, my day's been ok. Slept till 10 o'clock, which hasn't happened in so long. Only woke up twice last night, too, which is also very unusual. Had to take a lot of painkillers today, though, which is not so good. But at least I'm not in pain now!

Got up at half 10, put my Spanish CDs onto my iPod so I could try learn some stuff on the way into uni. Didn't work, though, haha!

One class today, Spanish at one. Which was quite funny. My new friend Hannah and I don't have a clue what's going on. I have the excuse of being off Tuesday and Thursday at least, she just doesn't know what's happening, hahaha... We have vowed to start studying to show Urszula a thing or two. She is the ultimate know it all. I just feel really stupid any time she opens her mouth.

Spanish was just funny today. You haven't lived till you've heard someone try speak Spanish in a really strong Northern Irish accent. It's hilarious.

Went to Papyrus to get an anniversary card for the maw and paw, went home, watched the telly, had my dinner and then tidied my room. I can actually get to my bed without falling over now. Miracle!

#60 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

Hmm what Spanish CDs do you have?

I've got Michel Thomas ones biggrin.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users