Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How was your day today? - HSN forum - Page 2

How was your day today?

880 replies to this topic

#21 Rachael_McD

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

I dont' have any classes on a Monday so I just stayed in bed all day. Went to Braehead (for work) about 6 ish, now home! biggrin.gif

A lot of you had kinda sucky days so I feel a bit guilty now lol.

#22 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

my day wasnt too bad today. got up, was knackered in the morning, went to school, a friend from school that moved to another, came and had lunch with myself and my friends - was good to see her!

then went to work, was quite busy, saw loads of people, which was good cos you get to chat loads!! then got such a shock, a guy that i used to like for ages came in, thing is he moved away to Fife when he got a job there or something, so was so shocked that he was home (and that i didnt know)!!

lol, could hardly speak, so daft all i said was "omg, havnt seen you in ages!!!" (duuhh maria!!) then came home, and my mum told me that this place that i have wanted to work in for years, asked if i would like a job there, thing is just started my current job about two months ago, and cant leave it cos i enjoy it! sad.gif

but i really, really want the other job! its a great wee job, not as much money but great job!! crying.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#23 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

today i.....

got up at half 7, was at the bus stop by 7.50, got the bus into town. went to greggs at george square for breakfast before my 9am lecture. went to my dynamics & relativity lecture, where i swear the lecturer speaks in greek (he's german, & therefore impossible to understand) & writes on the overhead in heiroglyphics, his writing is that illegible! after that lecture, me & my friend Emma went to the library & had a gossip whilst doing the tutorial problems for the properties of matter tutorial we had at 11 & the maths tutorial at 12. went to the 2 tutorials. spent a very productive hour in properties of matter drawing pretty stars all over my notepad, due to the fact that this (physics, i may add) class is basically higher chemistry revisited. found out in maths that we'd completely wasted our time, because the tutorial questions were to be done during the tutorial & not before like we'd thought, so had a bit of a muck about with our large happy band of physics/maths buddies, & then went home, arrived home about 2ish, & the rest of the day has been spent sleeping & doing uni work. fun stuff.
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#24 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

Went to school. Did schooly stuff.

But after school I went to help out at my primary school's parent's evening. It was fantastic. Selling tea and coffee was nothing special, but just getting to wander round the school, remembering all the stuff that happened, all the teachers, classes etc was wonderful.

It may sound like a cliche, but they really were the best days of my life.

#25 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Oct 10 2005, 05:03 PM)
Ooh what a crap day.

Went to get the train at nine in the pouring rain.  Got soaked.  Trains were suspended so I then had to walk back home to get my dad to drive me into uni.  My jeans were wet to about mid-thigh.  It was soaking.  I blame my umbrella.  I'll need to get a coat with a hood.

French first was ok, Film and TV was very confusing...  Met up with some friends from school for lunch, then I had my French oral class which hurt my head.  We'd to think up a topic for a presentation there and then.  How am I meant to know what I want to talk about?  HOW?  Then I went to the library to try learn a bit of Spanish, didn't go too well.  Started to feel ill, decided I was hungry and wandered to the shop to get a packet of Rolos and a carton of Ribena - felt better in seconds (I forget I need to eat more sometimes).  Had Spanish after that which really hurt my head.  I swear, these people actually go home and learn things we haven't been taught.  I have no idea how they knew what they did.  They must be swotting of their own accord.  They're all mad.

Then I came home.  And I'm going looking for a coat with a hood and some wellies now.

View Post

I was on the 8.12 express train, and suddenly it just stopped, for half an hour. So I ended up getting into Glasgow at 9.15ish. Then on the way home, trains were delayed, and they were mobbed, and I was really sqaushed with people cramming on! Great! smile.gif
Mark

#26 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Oct 10 2005, 09:39 PM)
Went to school. Did schooly stuff.

But after school I went to help out at my primary school's parent's evening. It was fantastic. Selling tea and coffee was nothing special, but just getting to wander round the school, remembering all the stuff that happened, all the teachers, classes etc was wonderful.

It may sound like a cliche, but they really were the best days of my life.

View Post

yeah yeah i know what you mean!!

when i go up to my old school up north to see friends etc i just think "awww i remember ... !" and some of the big messy paintings i did are still up too - its a bit strange.

im always surprised at the size of the p1 chairs though. wink.gif

#27 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:27 PM

I went back to my primary schol a couple of years ago and thought that the corridors were far smaller than i remembered lol

#28 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

Had a good laugh in my lectures, played pool with some friends (Kyle refused to drink and left after 30 mins ohmy.gif). Kicked ass in the trick shot tournament and I can now say that I have perfected the art of chipping a pool ball. Went home, went upto my dads cause he's just back from holiday, ordered my laptop, played some guitar, and now that it is Tuesday I have moved onto discussing the creation of a football team for some tournament at uni.

#29 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:41 AM

not very much of it has actually happened yet but its freeeeeeeezing!!!!

I think ive got frost bite in my fingers.

#30 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Oct 10 2005, 09:37 PM)
today i.....

got up at half 7, was at the bus stop by 7.50, got the bus into town. went to greggs at george square for breakfast before my 9am lecture. went to my dynamics & relativity lecture, where i swear the lecturer speaks in greek (he's german, & therefore impossible to understand) & writes on the overhead in heiroglyphics, his writing is that illegible! after that lecture, me & my friend Emma went to the library & had a gossip whilst doing the tutorial problems for the properties of matter tutorial we had at 11 & the maths tutorial at 12. went to the 2 tutorials. spent a very productive hour in properties of matter drawing pretty stars all over my notepad, due to the fact that this (physics, i may add) class is basically higher chemistry revisited. found out in maths that we'd completely wasted our time, because the tutorial questions were to be done during the tutorial & not before like we'd thought, so had a bit of a muck about with our large happy band of physics/maths buddies, & then went home, arrived home about 2ish, & the rest of the day has been spent sleeping & doing uni work. fun stuff.

View Post

OMG! Are you in year one physics? I had a dynamics and relatvity lecture with the same guy!!!

#31 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:41 PM

am tidying my room but have regretted starting it....it looks worse now than what it did before sad.gif

#32 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

my day... cannot get worse. Got up at 10am (which is very gdd!!!) looked out the window and its pee'in with rain. had to get the bus to uni, which is about 5 miles away. forgot to look at the bus destination and ended up taking the wrong bus.. had to walk the remainder of the way to uni. finally clicked that there was a hole in my shoe, with my feet soaking i head into the toilet and remove my shoe squeese the water out of my socks and stuff tissue paper into my shoe.. then i realise there are about 3 other people watching me and thinking "what the F*** is he doing?"... and its only 14:00 right now...

#33 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

My day has been alright smile.gif

Slept from about 00:30 til 5:30, listened to some Offspring, then slept from 6 til 9:30 biggrin.gif

And I only had two classes at uni! Excellent!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#34 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

woke up 7.45, and again i couldnt be bothered getting out of bed. it was freezing. got lift to school from my next door neighbour (he always takes me my brother and my sister to school along with his daughter and another girl) - he kindly came ten minutes earlier today because i had to be at school early since we were going to Deer Park (Livingston) for an ethics conference.

arrived late anyway, and my year obviously thought it would be a laugh to give me last choice of seat in the mini bus - which was the front seat of course, so there i was squashed up next to Mr Short our deputy head. It was only our school there, we were discussing the Make Poverty History thing, poverty in africa etc. Two MSPs - Mary Mulligan and Colin Fox were there too along with all the chaplains from the surrounding area and Christian Aid workers. I was worried abt it cos I was going to be leading my group and there was a lot of reading involved. Since i'm a crappy reader, Colin Parker(our Artist in residence) said he would come along and help me with the reading side of things etc, so that was ok.

Arrived, listened to the speakers (some were SOOOO boring). then we got into our groups and discussed the given topics with the MSP politican folks and the otehr folk.

we discussed africa and the problems that are there, resulted in moi being forced to go up to the front of the whole fricking 6th yr and MSPs etc to give a small talk on wht life ws like in south africa - the poverty and hardships that existed in africa at that time, adn working with the overseas missionary fellowship (OMF). I absolutely loathe public speaking cos I have a crappy voice and it aint really a subject i ever want to discuss. aw man did i have the shakes lol. however, i got a nice clap at the end which i secretly found rather enjoyable cool2.gif

then we bought fair trade chocolate which was quite expensive but really yum.

got mini-bus back to school, then got other bus home. it was POURING with rain. so my hair - which was surprisingly tidy this morning - is now like rats tails tied up in a flower bobble.

i also asked colin fox why he was banned from the scottish parliament. he didnt really answer me (afaik), started telling me how he dressed up as robin hood at the election time huh.gif

#35 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Oct 11 2005, 01:51 PM)
Slept from about 00:30 til 5:30, listened to some Offspring, then slept from 6 til 9:30 biggrin.gif

View Post

First album?

#36 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

Had yet another sucky day at uni today. sad.gif

Woke up at half 6 in the morning, went for a shower and got dressed. Walked to bus stop, when it started raining. ("Damn! Should have brought my brolly!") Arrived in Glasgow after getting on the bus, and made my way to the Graham Hills building to meet my note-taker then made my way to R4-01 for MA115 maths. Went to the computer labs in R3-36 after that, for an hour, then the chemistry lecture in R6-67 came next. Astronomy was my final lecture today, in K3-17.

I then went to the library and installed MSN on my USB flash drive, and proceeded to chat with people on MSN. Found out Dondon was in the library as well, but couldn't find her. laugh.gif Ah well, next time, eh Donna? tongue.gif

Went home after that and am now typing this. tongue.gif

Boring day, innit? laugh.gif

#37 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Oct 11 2005, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Oct 11 2005, 01:51 PM)

View Post

First album?

View Post

Yes biggrin.gif

Good stuff!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#38 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

The fun began at 3am, when I woke up in pain and feeling sick. Didn't get much sleep and sat and cried instead. Mum kept me company and kept me calm (ish) so that I didn't take another panic attack. I love my mum.

Had to go into uni for a meeting with my advisor to see what we can do about me being a big sick person. Had a French tutorial after that, which I had to leave because I thought I was going to pass out.

Spent train journey home doubled over in pain, looking like a complete spacer. Daddy picked me up at the station, brought me home and gave me my super new tablets which claim to change the lives of crohn's sufferers. Who knows if they'll work. =/

Slept all afternoon. Had my dinner then made a scoubie. I have no idea what the point of these things are, but it's all my brain can focus on right now.

#39 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

Got up this morning tired as an adjectival sheep, again.
Went to European History lecture, was very tired and didn't take in much. Met up with my friend Lewis after and went to the gym. Was feeling better and was full squatting 80 kg for reps. Had lunch at Potterow café then headed back to the flat for a bit. Went out for my 2 PM geography tutorial which wasn't bad and I wasn't falling asleep. Came back in the pouring rain - it's been pissing it down here all day - and had a brief browse on the net then went for a kip. Got up, had dinner, going out for a couple of games of pool in about an hour...
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#40 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:09 PM

I'm kinda bored now so i'll do this!

I got up at 10 to 7(late!) and got ready went for the bus at quarter to 8 then got the train at 8.44 (again the express train) got there at 20 past 10 went to the internet computery place in the Sir William Duncan Building before my hrm lecture. went to hrm lecture at 10, break for an hour library was full so i didnt get a computer! so i went to the internet cafe place id been before and got my lunch, then my geography, finance and Economics lectures then got the 4.18 bus home(not express and got delayed!) so didnt get into stirling til 10 past 5 then went to the shops looking for a wintery jacket. Then when i got home i had my dinner watched tv and came on this.

During all this time i have freeezing and soaking wet, im getting wellies too if it keeps going like this! my jeans were soaking right up the backs of my legs, although they got dried in economics cos it was sooooooo hot!

(notice how i focused on all negative things blink.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users