Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How was your day today? - HSN forum

How was your day today?

880 replies to this topic

#1 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

(If this thread is v similar to another one - for example, whats on your mind, sorry. )

Yeah, simple - how was your day today? Thus thread is where you can be self-obsessed and talk about YOURSELF!! biggrin.gif

I am nosey and like to know what people did etc.

Mine are usually quite eventful so forgive my ramblings on - I go into odd detail, which you can feel free to ignore smile.gif

Well I DID NOT want to get up this morning - bed was nice, room was dark. I arose at the lovely time of 10 to 8, school starts at 8.30.

Two first periods i had free - i spend all my free periods in the art staff base - that has been turned into a AH art studio which i share with two people. Anyway, there is a Guinness fridge in it. Made tea, spilled some by accident onto my drawing, though it looked cool so i pured more on and its now a work of art smile.gif. Then Mr MacAulay came through (he's my big sisters best pal). He had a huge pizza which we shared (i only had one bit ok??). I did a bit of sculpturing - i made a cast of my own face a few weeks ago and im putting clay in it now to make a mould. Great fun. Then I had music where we started rehearsals for my piece which is getting played at the christmas concert (yay). I thought it'd be easy to ust say to pianist "play" and "strings come in now" but it aint that easy wink.gif.
Then lunchtime, yummy steak pie and lentil soup. Best part of the day biggrin.gif
After lunch we had to prepare for the ethics conference we are going to tomorrow in Livingston. had to discuss child adoption in popverty-stricken countries which was quite interesting, although there was a lot of reading so i found it bit hard to get through (i cant read small newspaper-type texts for anything. goes in one eye, bypasses the brain then out the hole in the back of my head) - I got my friend to read through it for me and explain though. Then after that I caught the bus home with my friend fiona. Got home, did pipes for a while, went on computer and here I am. rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

So what did yous all do?

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

I got up at 8:30 AM when my alarm went off and I was tired as ____. I hate mornings. I did a bit of futile last minute reading and had a bite to eat then headed out to my 10 AM European history tutorial on Calvin and Luther. Got there just in time. After that I had a geography lecture which was bearable but I was still feeling tired. After that I got some food from Tesco where I met my friend Lewis. We came back to my flat for a bit and had some chips and stuff. He pissed off and I decided to have a nap. I got up five minutes ago.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Well If you've read the 'Whats on your mind thread' you'll realise that the trains are the cause of all evil and buses should give people change dry.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#4 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Meh crap! Well, I met a friend from secondary school and we went for a coffee which was good, but I came home and found out that my mum was speaking to my driving instructor in Tesco... (Where the hell is instructor/learner confidentiallity?) and my mum was telling her all my complaints lol (i.e. I can't take anything my instructor says or asks me when I come to a junction lol I just can't concentrate or talk when I'm driving amongst other things). Arghh.

#5 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:43 PM

the trains were totally f***** up today. But I did get a fancy luxury long distance train from Queen street to anniesland biggrin.gif mmm...I wasted the oppurtunity to go into Business Class

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

My day was alright, also had first two periods off, did my Modern Studies homework then. Rest of the day was average nothing more to say than that, well other than some friends starting a rumor about me, just an average day!!

QUOTE(YIC @ Oct 10 2005, 05:43 PM)
the trains were totally f***** up today. But I did get a fancy luxury long distance train from Queen street to anniesland biggrin.gif  mmm...I wasted the oppurtunity to go into Business Class

View Post

Guess you were on the new Anniesland to Maryhill line?

#7 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:56 PM

Is that line even open yet?
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#8 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

Yes, been open for about two weeks now, maybe three

#9 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:03 PM

Ooh what a crap day.

Went to get the train at nine in the pouring rain. Got soaked. Trains were suspended so I then had to walk back home to get my dad to drive me into uni. My jeans were wet to about mid-thigh. It was soaking. I blame my umbrella. I'll need to get a coat with a hood.

French first was ok, Film and TV was very confusing... Met up with some friends from school for lunch, then I had my French oral class which hurt my head. We'd to think up a topic for a presentation there and then. How am I meant to know what I want to talk about? HOW? Then I went to the library to try learn a bit of Spanish, didn't go too well. Started to feel ill, decided I was hungry and wandered to the shop to get a packet of Rolos and a carton of Ribena - felt better in seconds (I forget I need to eat more sometimes). Had Spanish after that which really hurt my head. I swear, these people actually go home and learn things we haven't been taught. I have no idea how they knew what they did. They must be swotting of their own accord. They're all mad.

Then I came home. And I'm going looking for a coat with a hood and some wellies now.

#10 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Nexus_Icon @ Oct 10 2005, 05:54 PM)
My day was alright, also had first two periods off, did my Modern Studies homework then.  Rest of the day was average nothing more to say than that, well other than some friends starting a rumor about me, just an average day!!

QUOTE(YIC @ Oct 10 2005, 05:43 PM)
the trains were totally f***** up today. But I did get a fancy luxury long distance train from Queen street to anniesland biggrin.gif  mmm...I wasted the oppurtunity to go into Business Class

View Post

Guess you were on the new Anniesland to Maryhill line?

View Post

yeah I think so. Lots of depressing places. The left of Summerston was really depressing looking huh.gif

#11 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

If you came off at Platform three, it is the new line then and it sounds like it

#12 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

Day was hard, boring and uneventful. Met an old pal I hadn't seen for years today, and surprise, surprise, he's doing the same course I am. That was before uni started for the day. I had a MA115 maths lecture first thing, then a tutorial on chemical engineering basic principles. 13110 chemistry followed that. I'm hating chemistry so much. Difficult to understand structures and bonding =/ Damn quantum numbers and schroedinger's equation sad.gif Had two chemical engineering lectures in the afternoon, then I went home on the bus.

This shows you how boring it is going to uni. Blah...=/

#13 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Nexus_Icon @ Oct 10 2005, 06:40 PM)
If you came off at Platform three, it is the new line then and it sounds like it

View Post

yeh I cam off platform 3. I didn't even know the station had 3 platforms!

#14 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Oct 10 2005, 05:12 PM)
I got up at 8:30 AM when my alarm went off and I was tired as ____. I hate mornings. I did a bit of futile last minute reading and had a bite to eat then headed out to my 10 AM European history tutorial on Calvin and Luther. Got there just in time. After that I had a geography lecture which was bearable but I was still feeling tired. After that I got some food from Tesco where I met my friend Lewis. We came back to my flat for a bit and had some chips and stuff. He pissed off and I decided to have a nap. I got up five minutes ago.

View Post

oh yeah. my dad told me all about them. wink.gif

#15 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Oct 10 2005, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE(Nexus_Icon @ Oct 10 2005, 06:40 PM)

View Post

yeh I cam off platform 3. I didn't even know the station had 3 platforms!

View Post

Well you know now!

#16 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:55 PM

oooooo i like these kinda ones now every night i can go through my whole day!! laugh.gif

First i got up at quarter to 8(lie in day) and then got my breakfast, went in the shower, got dressed and ready. Then left to get the bus at 5 to 9. Then i sat on the bus til half 9 listening to the radio. Then i got the 9.42 train from stirling to glasgow quenn st.(the express train so it didn't stop anywhere and only took 25 minutes.) then when i got there at about quarter past 10 i went into RS McColls in the street i cant remember the name of and bought a packet of mint munchies, and ate half of them walking up to the Sir William Duncan Building for my MDP class starting at 11. I went on the computer in the internet cafe next to the millenium room for about 20 minutes. Then stood outside the door talking to the peole in my class, then realising that me and Sarah were the only people not to bring out laptops unsure.gif .

Then we done all the work on the laptop Georgious gave us a loan of and then i(thought) i sent me my presentation and her hers. Then i finished there at 1 and went to the train station and got the 13.18 train from Queen st.(where a really cute guy sat opposite me) to stirling stopping at bishopbriggs, Lenzie, Croy and Larbet although there was a delay just before Larbert.

Then when i arrived at stirling i went to the cashline at Llyods TSB next to MCDonalds, then i went and got the bus home where i seen KI guy.

Then i came home and forced my brother off the computer and came on.
Then at about 5 my gran and grandad came up cos they are going on holiday tomorrow and we got pizza.

Then i cam back on the computer and im here now

oh and im currently waiting on sarah to email me back to find out if she does have the wrong one

edit: maybe you werent wanting this much detail laugh.gif

Edited by dondon, 10 October 2005 - 07:57 PM.

#17 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Oct 10 2005, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE(bred @ Oct 10 2005, 05:12 PM)
European history tutorial on Calvin and Luther.

View Post

oh yeah. my dad told me all about them. wink.gif

View Post

Yeah?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#18 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:02 PM

PINGU!!!!

ohmy.gif:O

waht a coincedence

#19 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

Double free, free 3rd, argued in english about Assisi and why teacher is wrong, last 3 free, saved danikas life

all in all good day
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#20 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

I coughed and spluttered and was hungry and probably moaned a lot to whoever would listen.

THAT WAS MY DAY.
@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users