Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
I wanna be an astronaut! - HSN forum

I wanna be an astronaut!

33 replies to this topic

#1 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

Yup, so this thread is basically about what you wanted to be as an adult, when you were six years old or whatever, and does it have any bearing toward what you want to do now? For example, I wanted to be an astronaut when I was six years old, now I'm studying for a MEng in chemical engineering. Nothing to do with being an astronaut. tongue.gif

So, go on! Tell us all about it! smile.gif

#2 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:15 AM

I wanted to be a super villian!!!

But now i'm going to do Computer Science at Uni!!!

#3 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:16 AM

Lots of stuff an aerobics instructor, a hairdresser, a lion tamer. And i'm really sure i didn't want to do what im studying for now,i've never seen a 5 year old say they want to be become an econonomist or a finanancial analyst.

Actually the main thng i wanted to do when i grew up was a millionaires wife and spend my days swimming in our pool and my nights at fancy socialite parties!

#4 Bridget

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Oct 9 2005, 12:08 PM)
Yup, so this thread is basically about what you wanted to be as an adult, when you were six years old or whatever, and does it have any bearing toward what you want to do now? For example, I wanted to be an astronaut when I was six years old, now I'm studying for a MEng in chemical engineering. Nothing to do with being an astronaut. tongue.gif

View Post

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Oct 9 2005, 12:08 PM)
I wanted to be an astronaut when I was six years old, now I'm studying for a MEng in chemical engineering. Nothing to do with being an astronaut. tongue.gif

View Post

That's not completely true, a notable number of chemical engineers have become astronauts; Dr. Mae C. Jemison, Al Sacco Jr, Leroy Chiao.. to name a few. So it's not that far removed from your childhood dream tongue.gif

#5 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

I wanted to be a zoo keeper. I dreamt of looking after the penguins at Edinburgh Zoo.

I don't think a degree in politics will help me achieve this childhood ambition.

Ohwell.
@

#6 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:36 PM

Allana wants to be an astronaut dont you:P

i have never known what i wanted to do but when it came to working out what course i will do i just couldnt see myself doing anything other than Comp Sci

the rest is history (or it will be when it happens lol)

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#7 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:20 PM

When I was 5 I wanted to be a farmer who was a teacher, Im not studying immunology and pharmacology which has nothing to do with either lol

#8 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:50 PM

when I was young I wanted to be aa train driver. Not anymore blush.gif

#9 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

When I was younger I wanted to be a bus driver! tongue.gif smile.gif But seeing as the woman that drives the bus that I get on is always quite nasty I decided against it!

#10 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

when i was younger i wanted to work in the bank, then changed my mind when their uniform was changed!!

then decided that i wanted to be an air-hostess, but then i heard someone call them 'trolley-dollies', and went off the idea!
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#11 Rachael_McD

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

When I was 6 I wanted to be a pirate.

Come to think of it, I still do. tongue.gif

#12 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

footballer at 6, now would want to become a Professor of History
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#13 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

footballer at 6, now would want to become a Professor of History
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#14 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

I wanted to be a Primary teacher basically since.. forever. Then i changed my mind at the last minute when doing UCAS that i wanted to be a lawyer. How wrong was that!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#15 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

When I was younger I wanted to be a Vet smile.gif

Only found out recently that it isn't the choice for me tongue.gif

Dave - No i don't biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#16 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:36 PM

ach dont let her kid you, she would love the idea of seeing her house from the surface of the moon

though who wouldnt eh:P

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#17 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

Dave, i've heard about you wanting to be a male stripper.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW, DOESN'T IT SHARON.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#18 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:33 AM

LMAO

#19 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Rachael_McD @ Oct 9 2005, 05:10 PM)
When I was 6 I wanted to be a pirate.

Come to think of it, I still do.  tongue.gif

View Post

Ninjas > Pirates smile.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#20 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:56 AM

i used to watch all the Young Indiana Jones series and watched the trilogy repeatedly ... thus was obsessed in archaeology.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users