Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
SD Help - HSN forum

SD Help

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:57 PM

1- The quality of documentation produced for a software package will affect the ease of maintenace.
(a) What 2 guides should be produced a part of this documentation?
(b) Explain why the quality of the documentation will affect the ease of maintenance.

2- (a) Describe a situation where the program might compile successfully but still fail to run.
(b) Explain why its important that the program code is maintanable.

#2 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

Okay I'll do an answer for Question 1, and someone else can do Q2.

The two guides which need to be produced in any SD are the User Guide and The Technical Guide.

By having good documentation it means people can go back to the code at a later date, read it, and understand what the code is trying to do. It is important the documentation is good so this is the case, as it may not be the same developers who wrote the code that will go back to amend it.
Mark

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

Question 2:

a) The program may succesfully compile, but fail to run when the user enters incorrect data, which the program has not been designed to handle, especially if it has no error trapping codded into the program.

b) The program code should be maintaniable so that varius coders can look at the code and easily amend any anomalies or errors within the code.

#4 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:12 PM

Thanks dudes.

#5 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:21 PM

SD stands for Secure Digital and is very useful. My mp3 player has a slot for an SD card and it makes it very expandable

sorry sad.gif

#6 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

in the case YIC being smart has caused anyone to be confused by SD sparky means Software Develepment

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#7 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

Exactly, think YIC needs a chill pill.

#8 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

chill pill? You usually say that to someone that has a temper or over reacts to something.

I said sorry at the end and it was clearly a joke. I can't imagine anyone doing Higher Computing to be confused by what SD means. Plus, it seemed that Rocky had had his query answered.

Lighten up smile.gif but I am sorry if I have offended anyone

#9 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

I don't say to people that they need chill pills all the time mad.gif
Plus I was joking and I don't think you offended anyone so need to apologise cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users