Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Unit 2 Help - HSN forum

Unit 2 Help

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 HatingHighers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

This is such a horrible unit so far!!! Doesn't help that the teacher we have does minimal teaching and then bombs us with examples which we don't understand rolleyes.gif

Anyway, could someone help me with these:

Four charges of +4.0nC are situated at each of the corners of a square 0.1m wide.
Charges at points Q, R, S and P.

a)Determine electrostatic force on charge P
b) What is the electrostatic force on a -1nC charge placed at the centre of the square? Justify your answer.

For a) I got something like 2.75 x 10-5N on a bearing of 045. It took about 3 pages of working to get to this and I have no idea if it's right.

For b) I put 0N and waffled about vector sums adding to zero and the forces all cancelling out. Blah blah blah.

Also, derive E=V/d. It's probably in the sheets we were *supposed* to get last week rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users