Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Homework and Revision Board - HSN forum - Page 5

New Homework and Revision Board

136 replies to this topic

#81 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

Well with the Prelims coming up it's about time that we started a dedicated thread on this issue.

As you no doubt know, it is not very common for schools to have the same prelim paper for Business Management. It is usually the department itself that is responsible for producing the prelim paper for this subject.

This means that your teachers should have a pretty accurate idea of how well you're coping with things, and should only be putting questions in on topics that you've actually completed.

If anyone has any questions, or wants to start off a ring of past-paper-question posts, please feel free to do so.

I think that by discussing questions on HSN/f with other members you'll gain a better insight into what everyone would put down as an answer, and let's face it - one person's bound to have it spot-on.

I'll be personally checking in on HSN/f every night for the next four weeks, just to make sure that no one's left stuck. I'd encourage everyone else who can to do the same.

All that's left for me to say is good luck, and I hope that you'll do your best in the exam.

JB
user posted image
user posted image

#82 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:52 AM

Please remember that if thebizwiz is not available and you need a quick answer then you can PM me.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#83 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:55 AM

JB, you seem to say a lot about Adv Higher on this board, perhaps you should suggest a new board in the Website forum- Courses subforum for the Adv Higher course.

#84 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:05 PM

No point Discogirl, there wouldn't be much call for it; and I only post info on it when someone asks a question or makes a comment relating to the AH.
user posted image
user posted image

#85 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:06 PM

How did the Prelim go, tweetypie?
user posted image
user posted image

#86 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:45 PM

Thats true, you do know who I am right? I changed my screen name

#87 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:08 PM

yeah i do lollylol
user posted image
user posted image

#88 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:06 PM

Sorry, lets get back on topic. We are here to help....

#89 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

Just egtting round to replying to this again. My teacher talks a lot of BS. We have three sets of notes from her because she says one thing then 5 minutes later is saying something else that is a total contradiction of when she said 5 minutes earlier then the same thing happens. I am surprised that i managed to get 56% in the prelim!
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#90 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:30 PM

I've got some homework to do for business for Wednesday and I can't seem to find the answer for this Question anywhere (it was from higher Business when it was called Higher MIS. The paper is 1997)

the quetion I'm having problems with is:

Describe the main activities of trade unions today. (9 marks)

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Robert Gordon University

------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

#91 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

The main activites of a trade union are:

To make sure that their members get decent pay
To make sure that the work place meets all the health and safety regulations
To represent members in disputes with manangement
To make sure that members have decent conditions of work
To campaign and highlight the concerns of members
Negotiate with management to get a betta deal with workers
Organise industrial action

There are 7 cant think of another 2!

#92 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:53 PM

Name and explain ... that'd be enough as long as you developed your points.
user posted image
user posted image

#93 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:02 PM

Thanks a lot!
Robert Gordon University

------

#94 NatzG

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=orange] Was jus wondering how every1 done in their business management prelim? I got an A with jus under 85% which i was really pleased with as I didn't think I was goin 2 pass at all and we hardly get taught it!!!! Does any1 else get confused with the first 10 mark question in the case study or is it just me? I feel like am writing rubbish when i answer it.
Would appreciate n e replies thanx x biggrin.gif

#95 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

What was in your prelim?
I studied hard, but I only got 49/100. This is for three reasons; incredibly strict marking, I didn't give examples when not asked for them, I only gave answers as deep as the marking scheme in leckie and leckie provided.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#96 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

I got 89% for my biz man prelim which is not bad for a crasher if i do say so myself! lol!
But yeah i just babble crap in the first question, i got 10/10 for the prelim but i dont know how. I think it is quite hard as there are often a lot more points than marks and its hard to pick out the right bits!

#97 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:11 AM

One person got an A in my class.
It is encouraging to know that we were marked far too harshly, considering what grades you both claim to have gotten.

#98 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(herbeey @ Apr 6 2005, 10:11 AM)
One person got an A in my class.
It is encouraging to know that we were marked far too harshly, considering what grades you both claim to have gotten.

View Post

Can it not be the case that your prelim was just hard? or that you are indeed, not good enough to achieve a better grade?
As for your comment about the grades people "claim" to have achieved.. well who are you to judge if this is not the case? I sense a touch of jealously!

By the way.. if you used words like "gotten" no wonder you did not get an A.
user posted image

#99 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:27 PM

I typed in 'got', but then I looked at it, and decided it would probably be 'gotten'. It's one of those things that if you spend time to actually think about, your perception and knowledge get confused.

Of course I'm jealous! And I've found some areas I can improve of with exam techniques, but I can fool myself into thinking that the only cause of my low mark is the strictness of my marker, if all the people who have posted here have got such high marks in comparison to the whole of my class.

Bwahahahha!

#100 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

^ you might just have a poor class? we're all from different schoosl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users