Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Homework and Revision Board - HSN forum - Page 6

New Homework and Revision Board

136 replies to this topic

#101 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:13 PM

My school is actually one of the highest performing public schools in Scotland... although, that's in general. The teacher isn't terrible.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#102 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

yeh your right - you have obviously "fooled" yourself into thinking that your poor mark was only because of the marking!
user posted image

#103 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

i think the case study is quite good because at least we know what the 1st question will be in the paper!!

Though i only got 6/10 coz i got muddled up!!

thankgoodness i know where i went wrong tho!! biggrin.gif
beast

#104 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(herbeey @ Apr 6 2005, 10:11 AM)
One person got an A in my class.
It is encouraging to know that we were marked far too harshly, considering what grades you both claim to have gotten.

View Post

There really is no need to say that we "claim".
You don't evenknow me so i think it is hardly right that you can doubt my honesty and integrity when saying what grade i got. Plus, as people who know me know, even if i got a bad grade then i wouldn't hide it i would just say and not make excuses!

#105 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

Eh, it was merely skillful employment of words to make my view seem even more dubious.

If I got a bad grade I would hide it.... oops.

I wouldn't have reason to doubt thee. I list these so much, but my reasons for doing badly is the following;
-Strict marker
-Complete lack of examples; they didn't ask for them... still supposed to provide them.
-Probably solved for the most part by the above, I didn't 'expand' my answers enough; I only gave answers as deep as the answering scheme. Word-for-word in some cases, but doing so didn't get ANY marks.
-Slow writing speed, although if I still could've got an A if I'd done something about the other points (eg. replace marker! Bwahahaha!).

I post this as indirect advice for anyone else too.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#106 kittie86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

was the operations nab hard rolleyes.gif cool.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

#107 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:20 PM

In the case study I tend to leave the first question to the end and do the rest first. Also when I do come to the First question I take a seperate sheet of paper for each heading, this way I can just read through the case study and mark them down as i see them rather than tryign to fit more than one on each page and running out of room or only looking for one at a time.

Hope that helps
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#108 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

A seperate sheet o paper for each heading??? The question is usually only worth 10 marks! Which means at most 3 thing under each heading!

#109 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, but it means you don't miss-judge how much room you need for each, You may have one or two that are quite long under one heading and you don't leave enough room. It also (according to our teacher) makes it easier to mark
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#110 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:08 AM

When I did my prelim we hadn't recieved our past papers yet. I'd never seen anything like the exam and freaked out but I still got a pass. In fact I was one mark from a B. I then studied like hell, teaching myself much of the course and did ok in the final.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#111 Mattz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

Doing the crash next year, any more tips on how to get into the course? Is it as common sense as I'm told?

#112 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:40 PM

Yeah pretty much but i do think the SG knowledge would b useful! I am crashing it this year and its not too bad at all if anything i find the subjects quite boring its not really me! But i got 89% in my prelim, so i am sure if u revise and work hard it will be fine!

#113 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

Its not all common sense and you do need to study but if you want to crash it and are prepared to work then do that. I'm sure u'll be fine
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#114 Aisha

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Sports anything that is fun!!!!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:06 AM

How you feel!
AiShA

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

#115 aly

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

Well Aisha, I am very confident about the Business Management Exam on the 3rd of June, which also happens to be my Birthday! I'm sure we will both pass as we have had a brilliant year with our wonderful teacher Mrs Jackson at Whitburn Academy tongue.gif dry.gif lol.

The case study is the only section which concerns me, but with a little revision it can be done! Woohooo!
user posted image

RITA : Queen of Speed | Alton Towers '05 | UK Mania Website.

#116 Aisha

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

Of course we will pass. She has made sure of that innocent.gif

What about the rest of your exams though confident?
AiShA

#117 Claire B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:art & design also history well inside school anyway. i like football watching and playing and also going swimming, playing tennis.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Aisha @ Apr 26 2005, 12:12 PM)
Of course we will pass.  Mrs Jackson has made sure of that  innocent.gif

What about the rest of your exams though confident?

View Post

i am not as sure that i will pass as i have found the course quite boring and i haven't been paying attention to what Mrs jackson was saying. i have passed all my NABs well and my prelim but i'm still not sure if ill pass. Do you have any tips for doing well?? unsure.gif

#118 aly

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:24 AM

Well Claire, i also found the NAB's easy, so i suggest that if you do some extra revision using the hsn notes, and the Higher Business Management text book then you should be looking at receiving a good grade!
user posted image

#119 Aisha

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:25 AM

To be honest i have found this boring as well but you just have to suffer it. The course itself is easy you just have to remember all of the information! wacko.gif

Just read over the main notes and i am sure you'll be fine, have confidence in yourself!!!!

thumbsup.gif
AiShA

#120 aly

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Aisha @ Apr 26 2005, 12:25 PM)
To be honest i have found this boring as well but you just have to suffer it.  The course itself is easy you just have to remember all of the information!  wacko.gif

Just read over the main notes and i am sure you'll be fine, have confidence in yourself!!!!

thumbsup.gif

View Post

Yeah, having faith in yourself is the most important thing in your life, as well as in your exams. Tell yourself you can do it, as with a little bit of effort you will do it. The materials are all there to be revised, so just put in a little extra work! rolleyes.gif

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users