Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Homework and Revision Board - HSN forum

New Homework and Revision Board

136 replies to this topic

#1 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:34 PM

A new board has been created so that members can post homework problems or get help with learning and revising the units.

You can find this board on the top of the main Business Management section.

A guide to posting on the new board can be found here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

_________
TheBizWiz
user posted image
user posted image

#2 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:11 PM

Hey there guys,

It's my first Business Management nab tomorrow - just starting revising. I have never done Business Management before and am just crashing it at higher. I'm not sure what the examiner would be looking for? What's the best way to study Business Management? Please help! All advice recieved is brilliant, thanks.

#3 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:18 PM

It'll almost definitely be a case study you get out, and the answers should come from using the CS as a stimulus. Basically look at the performance criteria for the subject (http://www.sqa.org.uk, click on Who Are You, select School Pupil, then select a Subject [Business Management], look for Arrangements Documents).

The performance criteria for the NAB will show you in detail which topics you will be asked to provide answers on.

E.g.
What kind of business is Virgin Music PLC?
State three features of Virgin Music PLC's business.

Choose two other businesses, one privately funded and one publicly funded. Compare their ownership, sources of finance, and their aims and objectives.

Stakeholders generally have an interest in organisations. Give two examples of a stakeholder of Virgin Music PLC, the public sector company, and the private sector company you have chosen, and discuss how they can exert an influence on the business. (I.e. what could they do and what impact will this have on the business?)

Good luck, don't worry, you should be fine!

TheBizWiz, signing off for the evening.
user posted image
user posted image

#4 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:08 PM

NYPD I hope u did well as I had a bit of a problem with the teaching methods of my business teacher and basically got a B despite getting a 1 in standard grade and working overtime for higher, as long as u get a good teacher u'll be fine, its really not that hard but there is a lot of material.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#5 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Sep 9 2004, 08:08 PM)
NYPD I hope u did well as I had a bit of a problem with the teaching methods of my business teacher and basically got a B despite getting a 1 in standard grade and working overtime for higher, as long as u get a good teacher u'll be fine, its really not that hard but there is a lot of material.

View Post

Hey, thanks for the advice.

I got 81% in the NAB so quite chuffed, as I am crashing the higher.

#6 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(NYPD @ Sep 10 2004, 06:44 PM)

View Post

View Post

i am crashing it too! how u finding it so far?

#7 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(superstar @ Sep 11 2004, 05:07 PM)

View Post

View Post

View Post

It's not too bad. A lot to take in but it's not that hard to be honest - well so far. Touch wood. How's about yourself?

#8 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(NYPD @ Sep 14 2004, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE(superstar @ Sep 11 2004, 05:07 PM)

View Post

View Post

View Post

It's not too bad. A lot to take in but it's not that hard to be honest - well so far. Touch wood. How's about yourself?

View Post

Duno?? Think its k but cause our school is backward we are goin Unit 2 first!! I am kinda confused on the influence of stakeholders!!! i dont think i have the best teacher though?? unsure.gif

#9 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:09 PM

Just wondering - what are the standards of teh NABS like? You know how eg in maths its pretty basic work whereas English was quite difficult...(well for me anyways!)

I'm enjoying the subject so far. I really enjoyed it in sg and got a 1. I've got 2 good teachers and a small class (which i think is good) also my sis is studying business at uni so she'll help me when i get stuck!

Although it's early days it is a subject that i'd like to get an A for. I think i'm capable of it but i havent really done any work that has been marked or anything so I dont really know how i'm getting on.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#10 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:57 PM

Duno?? Think its k but cause our school is backward we are goin Unit 2 first!! I am kinda confused on the influence of stakeholders!!! i dont think i have the best teacher though??  unsure.gif

Now if u have any questions and are still confused then talk to thebizwiz or myself, we know our stuff u know, dont be afraid to send a PM if u have any questions?

QUOTE(lesley @ Sep 17 2004, 10:09 PM)
Just wondering - what are the standards of teh NABS like? You know how eg in maths its pretty basic work whereas English was quite difficult...(well for me anyways!)

I'm enjoying the subject so far. I really enjoyed it in sg and got a 1. I've got 2 good teachers and a small class (which i think is good) also my sis is studying business at uni so she'll help me when i get stuck!

Although it's early days it is a subject that i'd like to get an A for. I think i'm capable of it but i havent really done any work that has been marked or anything so I dont really know how i'm getting on.

View Post

Business ok- well if u dont like the bitty stuff in English u are not gonna like the business nabs, having said that my school were tough on every1 and if 1 word was wrong ie writing "similar" instead of "almost the same" then ur answer was wrong. U might like them but they probably will not be as easy as the Maths ones are for u as u appear to be like me (I liked Maths and didnt like English NABS).
Now the business nabs require u to know the whole course content- not everything is in the case study, you have to link knowledge to the case study and some questions have nothing to do with it at all! I know this makes no sense but its the best I can explain it!

#11 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:30 AM

Yeh, i understand what your saying, thanks!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#12 Andyg0141

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:55 PM

every1 thats doin busi man in ma sch has 2 crash it in 6th year n its pish easy - dono why u lot r soo happy wif ur results when its a nab (level c) and the subject itself is pish easy but hey - il let u hav ur moment o glory.

#13 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:18 PM

i know, i got a B but u dont c me throwin a party.

#14 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Andyg0141 @ Oct 10 2004, 09:55 PM)
every1 thats doin busi man in ma sch has 2 crash it in 6th year n its pish easy - dono why u lot r soo happy wif ur results when its a nab (level c) and the subject itself is pish easy but hey - il let u hav ur moment o glory.

View Post

ok maybe i can't quote properly (jsut incase it doesnt work tongue.gif )

anyway just because some people find business "pish easy" doesn't mean everyone does. I'm sure people find the course hard or else we would have 100% A's every year.

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#15 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:58 PM

i think he's just trying to make the point that u really shouldnt think ur gona get an A if u can gegt an A in ur NAB's.

#16 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:37 PM

He should have expressed himself better, its offensive, every1 has their own talents, I must issue him with a verbal warning next time u will get a warn level rating.

#17 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Oct 11 2004, 08:37 PM)
I must issue him with a verbal warning

View Post

What he posted was clearly unacceptable.

I believe the member in question has been dealt with.

#18 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:24 PM

He has but not fully.

#19 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:06 PM

wot else is gona happen, he is gona b allowed back aint he

#20 Amy_G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:06 PM

Bus Man is sooo easy! I crashed it this year and 2day we did our 3rd nab. I've had an A for the first 2 and i thought 2day's was easy. I know nabs r meant 2 b easy but 2day's was takin the piss! laugh.gif

Please be mindful of others who found it hard particularly considering the member banned earlier in this thread for similar yet stronger comments

Edited by Discogirl17, 11 November 2004 - 07:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users