Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Projects - not got a clue - HSN forum - Page 2

Projects - not got a clue

28 replies to this topic

#21 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

What?

That doesn't seem to make sense tongue.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#22 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Yes it is possible, you can define arrays to have as many dimensions as you need, but anything past a 2-D array is very unlikely. As for them being on the school network, the arrays are defined as an ADT in a programming language such as Java, C or whatever. It doesnt actually relate at all to what your school network is like.

#23 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(Sodium_Ho @ Feb 24 2006, 12:41 PM)
w00t!

I started mines today

Noughts and Crosses  biggrin.gif

GUI and Exit button completed

View Post

Hmm, that'd be a hard game to program if you plan to do it using the computer as an opponent, especially if it has AI programming. Is it Human v Human or Human v Computer, John?

#24 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(pgm9 @ Feb 26 2006, 07:49 PM)
What language are you using? Are you doing the game with a 2-D array?

View Post

Visual Basic 6 and yes

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Mar 1 2006, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE(Sodium_Ho @ Feb 24 2006, 12:41 PM)
w00t!

I started mines today

Noughts and Crosses  biggrin.gif

GUI and Exit button completed

View Post

Hmm, that'd be a hard game to program if you plan to do it using the computer as an opponent, especially if it has AI programming. Is it Human v Human or Human v Computer, John?

View Post

Human Vs Human, and not going to well lol

no chance would i do an AI program lmao

#25 steelegbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Sodium_Ho @ Mar 1 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

Human Vs Human, and not going to well lol

no chance would i do an AI program lmao

The idea is that it is supposed to be hard! We have 4 guys doing AH computing at my school. 1 PHP database, one VB encrypt/decrypt program, one VB database program and one VB DJ program.

I ended up being the guy with the DJ program. With the right google techniques, learning VB/PHP/JAVA/C(++) isn't that hard.

#26 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

Yes i do know, but seeing as it is a personal choice what you do, and that i have never done AI before i'd prefer not to implement any AI since i have left it to the last minute really

#27 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

Is anyone finished.

I have until monday so it can be marked adn sent away for monday for the sqa deadline. Does anyone know if that includes the evaluation part or not?

HOpe to god it doesnt

#28 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

Yes it does, and i only have the documentation to do.

Since I was off today I get a whole extra week to do mine thanks to my teacher being off next week. biggrin.gif

#29 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:38 PM

i am hoping to finish the implementing this weekend. just writing to the .xml file to and a few bits on the game(which i dunno how to do!!)

the write up the documentation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users