This sub-board has been created so that people with genuine problems with homework questions or who get stuck with revision can get help. This is a dedicated sub-board, and because of this, unnecessary topics and posts will be deleted from time-to-time.
If you encounter a problem with your homework and would like some help, please:
- State what the question is.
- If possible, tell us what unit and outcome the question comes from.
- Give us an indication into what you were thinking of writing as an answer.
- Tell us how quickly we need to get a response to you.
- State the name of the topic.
- Tell us what you find difficult to visualise.
- Tell us why you find it difficult, and then hopefully we can make it a little clearer for you.
If you are going to reply to a post on this sub-board, please remember that someone is relying on you to give a half-decent answer. This means don't just type something that 'could' be right - if possible please try to back it up with some evidence. If you do think it's right, just post, but I think it would be better that we provide people with the right answer as opposed to something that we think could be right.
If you are replying to a post about a homework problem, please:
- State who you are replying to (in the case of multiple questions per board).
- State which question you are replying to (in the case of multiple questions again).
- Tell us what you think could be a right answer.
- Say why you think this is a possible answer - try and back it up from the notes, etc.
- Try to break down your response into small chunks so that the poster can try and visualise it.
- Try not to completely confuse the person with terminology - break it down into plain English and then put the terminology in brackets if possible.
- Give us any other references that you've encountered that could make it easier for the person to visualise, e.g. does the Leckie & Leckie book give a good explanation? Is there an example of this on a company's website? etc.
This may seem like common sense to most of you, but it just makes everyone's lives a little easier.
Please also remember that revision notes for all the outcomes are now available on HSN. You can find all of our notes as well as links to other suitable sites of interest by clicking here.
If you have immediate problems you can email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and I hope that in doing so you will either be grateful for a response by one of our clued-up members, or take pride in being able to explain something that you understand to someone else.