Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What was the last film you watched? - HSN forum - Page 2

What was the last film you watched?

627 replies to this topic

#21 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:50 AM

The last film I watched (it actually was quite a while back now I think!) was Frenzy (Alfred Hitchcock).

Classic thriller. Has you on the edge of your seat in anticipation. 9/10 I'd say!

Mark

#22 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:47 PM

Family Guy The Movie!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#23 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:38 PM

Went to see "40 year old virgin" tonight. Really really good, was in fits at some points. The ending where they are all dancing is classic! I'll give it 8/10!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#24 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

Seen part of it at cinema - A History of Violence. Absolutely rubbish ending! 4/10.

#25 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Shaun @ Sep 23 2005, 11:40 PM)
Seen part of it at cinema - A History of Violence.  Absolutely rubbish ending!  4/10.

View Post

don't judge films if you have only seen part of them rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

#26 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:24 PM

I seen the last 45 minutes, it's a load of rubbish - *do not go and see it!*.

#27 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:37 PM

IMO, I think it is only possible to judge a film of you have seen it all. Perhaps the ending of the film required you to know about the start of it, in order to be effective and make sense?

#28 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:16 AM

No. The ending did make sense it was just rubbish. There was also a sex scene which wasn't really necessary and confusing and a bit boderline rape - the main characters wife finds out that the main character has a split personality and he is a killer. She is physically sick. Later, she is so disgusted in him she try and escapes him by going up stairs. He starts to hit her and there is a struggle on the stairs... and they just start having sex! Lol... then afterwards she goes away disgusted.

When people came out from the cinema, I heard comments like 'that was a load of crap' and 'it just ended!'.

Why don't you go and see it for yourself, and tell me what you think? Lol.

#29 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:53 AM

OK I'll yake your word for it tongue.gif

#30 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:03 PM

Yesterday I went to see a film called Innocent Voices at the Dundee Contemporary Arts Cinema. It was part of some film festival. Anyway the film was quite harrowing. It was about children in El Salvador (during the 1980's) and how they were forced to join the army. It was really upseting. However it was good that issues like this are higlighted.

I'd give it 8.5/10

#31 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:01 PM

Pride and Prejudice - quite good but i wish it was a bit deeper perhaps as it was only a U. But i liked it all the same. Perhaps 8/10. smile.gif

#32 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:23 AM

Woke up at 5am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Put on "The Godfather" DVD. I still am unable to choose between that, "Pulp Fiction" and "The Shawshank Redemption" as my favourite movie.

Maybe I should have watched something uninteresting instead so I could have got back to sleep!

#33 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

The Longest Yard - 6/10

A lot of the jokes were funny, but a lot were really immature and meant for kids, tbh. It wasn't bad at all though

#34 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:41 PM

The last movie i watched was American Pie 2 yesterday, that movie is just brilliant!!!

i give it a 9.9/10

#35 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:05 PM

lol, what about the 1%?????

and the last film i watched was Pride and Prejudice!! saw it at the cinema last night.... and i would only give it a mere 5/10 blink.gif
beast

#36 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:22 PM

If they had more goofy scenes with Jims dad in it, that one percent would be rectified!!!

#37 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:10 PM

Watched "Maria Full Of Grace" on Friday night. It was about a Colombian girl who became a drug mule. A bit like the film KrazyK saw, it was harrowing but it raised an issue, which was good. It was actually quite gripping viewing - lots of tension and made me think.
8.5/10
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#38 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Sep 25 2005, 05:05 PM)
lol, what about the 1%?????

and the last film i watched was Pride and Prejudice!!  saw it at the cinema last night.... and i would only give it a mere 5/10 blink.gif

View Post

yep thats what i saw. i quite enjoyed it - might have been something to do with the fact that we got to sit in the posh chairs up the back of the cinema (the ones withthe wine coolers) biggrin.gif

i liked the film smile.gif

#39 Yurimaru

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

Watched Akira last night - still love it!

10/10
Oh weep for Adonais—he is dead!
Wake, melancholy Mother, wake and weep!
Yet wherefore? Quench within their burning bed
Thy fiery tears, and let thy loud heart keep,
Like his, a mute and uncomplaining sleep;

#40 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:36 PM

Has anyone seen The Aristocrats? I've not (yet anyway), but if you have seen it what did you think? Just very funny jokes, or bad taste, or what?

Edit: I only just read George's post on page 1.

Edited by bred, 01 October 2005 - 10:28 AM.

Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users