Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Right Hand Rule - HSN forum

Right Hand Rule

2 replies to this topic

#1 HatingHighers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:51 PM

I wasn't doing physics before the summer so missed this part of the course.

Apparently your middle finger points in the direction of the current flow (or magnetic induction?). Does is have to point at the exact angle of the current/induction, or just in the general direction (i.e. either up or down)?

#2 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:55 PM

Well I would imagine it's intended to be so that it's at right angles, so I doubt it'd be the exact angle of the direction of current flow, just the direction based on the movement and field.

#3 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:10 PM

yeah the right hand rule is when you take our right hand , use the r1st three fingers and put them at right angles to each other

as the 3 properties symbolised by your fingers are at right angles to each other

If i am not here i am somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users