Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Compiting Qs - HSN forum

Compiting Qs

1 reply to this topic

#1 Rocky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

I am really confused and can somebody help me with these Qs, thanx.

1 (a) - Describe the use of local variable assist with modularity?
(b) State one method of strting a list of 100 names input from a keyboard with a program.

2- A program deals with the results of 10 tests taken by Rocky. lol
The results are given as percentages.
(a) - State a complex condition which would be needed in an input validation procedure/subprogram for the data.
(b) - The program contains number of procedures and functions.
Describe 2 advantages of using parameter passing rather than global variables to allow data to flow in the program/

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

1a) local variables can only be manipulated by the procedure they were declared in. This means each procedure is self contained which assists modularity

b) put the names in a array

2a) if test_number <=10 AND percentage >=0 AND percentage <=100
b) parameter passing shows which varables the procedure needs and parameter passing assists modularity which reduces the chances of bugs from 2 procedures with the same varible names interfering with each other and creating invalid data in the variable

If i am not here i am somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users