Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Help needed - HSN forum

Help needed

5 replies to this topic

#1 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

has anyone here made a yearbook before???? im the head of the yearbook committee, but the schools never had one despite having a yearbook committee for ten years( the money usually goes to the bar tab at the prom).

so what i need to know what are some good printing companies? is it worth getting a fe sponsors or is it better to have it ad free???

help much appreciated

My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:06 PM

erm in the end i didnt go into the yearbook committee for a number of reasons

however my friends did.

You really must gets ads because the prices per book is scarey and we made a lose with ads

the homework diary company is useless but i dont know of many other printers

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:12 PM

yeah but one doesnt really want to be looking at your yearbook in years to come and se ads for the local butcher

but nah you're right ill need ads unless people are willing to fundraise like shit
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#4 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:28 PM

ok.. i was in the yearbook comittee at my school for this year's yearbook.. and we've always had a year book, a prom and about a million parties all funded by us. our year book this year was 60 pages in total.. everyone got a 1/3 of a page. so friends could write a bit about them and they could write a message for everyone else and a "will be remembered for" section was also allocated. We also included pics of all the previous memories (got people to hand in pictures of different outings and stuff like that).. included previous year pictures and stuff...

the thing to remember to have when making a yearbook is..

1) people with good business skills (someone who can haggle basically.. with big companies.. our book initially cost us £45 each, we brought that down to £20.. £10 from our own profit subsidies.. and the rest by haggling with the companies.. (ie: telling competitiors that we had cheaper prices when we actually didnt, so that they would try and compete and so on!! lol!)

2) people who are gd with computers and especially graphic and publishing software.. (so that u can get a gd well laid out and historic yearbook.. i mean.. u'll only get one shot at a school yearbook in your entire life!!)

3) people who can collect stuff from your fellow pupils in time and get stuff organised and stuff like that.. so that everything can be done on time. (handing in written bits and pieces, pictures generally!! .. would say.. that without this bit, there will be an empty or no yearbook.. by saying that.. there wouldnt be one if u didnt have the above too lol!)

4) you need a gd strong team.. make sure everyone gells well and will always work as a team.. if people start dropping out.. thats a bad sign.. everyone must stick to their duties. (so make sure that initially, when u first start... everyone understands how much work they have to put into this!!)

5) you will need (this is a MUST HAVE!).. a very strong leader.. who can designate, direct and lead a team.. someone with a very strong character!! without this person, even if the other bits and pieces i mentioned above you get, u still wont end up with a yearbook.

6) and remember, theres always people to deal with the money, the reciepts, people with enquiries and just people who will have a say basically..

thats about as much as i can say.. trust me.. if you follow that.. u will have a yearbook.

#5 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

research printers, cause we were told by the school to use the same printer as last yrs did, cause they were cheap!!! NOT!!!!! we totally just called tons and tons of people and got a really good deal!
we also had a great advantage of a guy in our year who was amazing with drawing and graphics, so he did alot of the design work, making the price of the book drop dramatically

#6 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

The School Planner Company Online
Cost Per Book:
Inc: 60 Pages (Including Hardback Covers)
Full Color
10 Montage Pages

= £19

Boomerang-ed Yearbooks

Starting Price £12.50 Each

just 2 of many that are online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users