Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Michael Moore - HSN forum - Page 4

Michael Moore

75 replies to this topic

#61 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:24 PM

Edit: This is Sick
Video size: Approx 10MB
will take about 2 minutes with broadband to download.

michael Moore... someone said that he exagerates?? someone critisized him for being bias>? someone said that he distorts things??? THIS IS DEATH COS OF THE US GOVERNMENT.. MURDER!! AND U CRITICISE MICHAEL MOORE FOR TELLING THE TRUTH????

... learn to respect the people who tell the truth and actually give the true point of view ok. Dont woffle on about Moore and his crap ways, if the truth is too hard to handle, shut up and dont listen to it. mad.gif

#62 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Sep 9 2005, 01:24 PM)

No.

Mp3 file of "Bomb Holy Sites":

Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#63 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:44 PM

bred!!! i wrote the wrong heading lol! sorry.. i want people to watch that too.

#64 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:46 PM

Shaun posted a link to that video clip in the "What's On Your Mind" thread, I dunno if you saw that.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#65 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:52 PM

yup... i got it from there lol!.. just thought it would also be appropriate to this thread.

#66 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:01 PM

Indeed it is. I guess critics will say he's being exploititive by showing a grown man breaking down into tears. However, highlighting the slow relief effort is important. Lives were lost unnecessarily and all this clip does is show that, it doesn't "hide truth" or deceive in any way. It is simply shows effectively the tragedy of the relief effort, and a slice of the suffering that has ensued following Katrina. Of course we will never be able to truly appreciate the full scale of the suffering, just like we cannot with other natural disasters such as the Boxing Day Tsunami of last year. The tragic story of Jefferson Parish President Broussard which brings him to tears is undoubtedly just one of many. sad.gif

#67 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

bred... theres also another way to question it.. why did he cry?? was it just death?? or was that the iceing on the cake??? i mean.. a lot happened... and is still happenin

#68 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, I think it's probably a good one of describing the breach of his ceiling of emotion as "the iceing on the cake". He would have undoubtedly experienced successive lows in the days before the interview with the relief effort being far less efficient than was hoped for.

#69 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Sep 9 2005, 01:24 PM)
Edit: This is Sick
Video size: Approx 10MB
will take about 2 minutes with broadband to download.

michael Moore... someone said that he exagerates?? someone critisized him for being bias>? someone said that he distorts things??? THIS IS DEATH COS OF THE US GOVERNMENT.. MURDER!! AND U CRITICISE MICHAEL MOORE FOR TELLING THE TRUTH????

... learn to respect the people who tell the truth and actually give the true point of view ok. Dont woffle on about Moore and his crap ways, if the truth is too hard to handle, shut up and dont listen to it. mad.gif

View Post

Very well put. smile.gif

He's making a movie about the whole hurricane preparation (or lack of it mad.gif ) now. Should be interesting!
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#70 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Sep 7 2005, 10:36 PM)
...well hopefully all the countries in the Middle East will be free from getting bombed

Well Hillary Clinton voted for the resolution to authorise Bush to take military action in Iraq and I don't believe she ever said she regretted doing so. In fact, last year she said she did not regret doing so. A May USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll found that a 53% of Americans say they are likely to vote for Clinton if she runs for President in 2008.

View Post

You forget that the Republicans are trying to pass a bill to allow any nationality of person to run for president...nothing to do with a certain governer of California! rolleyes.gif

The USA will cause world war three if they keep going the way they are. mad.gif

IPB Image

#71 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Sep 12 2005, 08:01 PM)
He's making a movie about the whole hurricane preparation (or lack of it  mad.gif ) now. Should be interesting!

View Post

That really annoys me the government employ people to predict whether natural disasters will happen and then when they do what to do about it, yet i took them days to get into the area and meanwhile it started to look like a developing country with people starving and looting, rapes and murders going on everywhere.

#72 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Sep 12 2005, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE(djh1878 @ Sep 12 2005, 08:01 PM)
He's making a movie about the whole hurricane preparation (or lack of it  mad.gif ) now. Should be interesting!

View Post

That really annoys me the government employ people to predict whether natural disasters will happen and then when they do what to do about it, yet i took them days to get into the area and meanwhile it started to look like a developing country with people starving and looting, rapes and murders going on everywhere.

View Post

It's the US government, what do you expect? huh.gif Bush has only just visited New Orleans FFS! mad.gif The US government are one of the most corrupt organisations known to man, you have to "buy" a seat in the senate. wink.gif

IPB Image

#73 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Sep 7 2005, 05:36 PM)
You should wiki it all - 'tis always good.

View Post

Tell that to your tutors at uni!

#74 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

Moore's new film Sicko should be one to watch later this summer, if you've not seen a pirate copy already. I will go to the cinema.

Moore speaking in Denver, CO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NyijzX6vSA...ted&search=

#75 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

I was meant to watch some Michael Moore stuff for JCW this year but I, er, didn't. Woops.

#76 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

Just watched Sicko there and it's a very, very interesting film. Makes me thankful for the NHS anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users