Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Strathclyde Fresher's Week - HSN forum - Page 3

Strathclyde Fresher's Week

58 replies to this topic

#41 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

get to know the gamezone people, they're useful! apparently all the staff have all changed this year though, which i'm a bit gutted about - used to be we could just go up to the bar, hand in the pool cues, & whoever was on automatically knew which student card to give us back!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#42 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:38 PM

they do have your pictures on them though, don't they? biggrin.gif

#43 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:54 PM

yeah, but they still ask you your name when you give the cues back!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#44 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 21 2005, 10:36 PM)
I was at the induction today!! who else was ther?? i was at the 12 noon one....sooooo borin! who knows, we mite have been sitn next to each otha!

thot it was a wee bit funny wen the guy sed our life time partner will probs b in the same hall, but then the woman pointed out the majority of ppl wer guys!!

View Post

yip i was there, i fact i know a lot of members were there. how wierd

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#45 andy

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:16 AM

Gamezone guys also have a good taste in music, they put on The Smiths! biggrin.gif

#46 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

no, thats the juke box that does that!! so its some1 else who's in at the time that has the good taste in music!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#47 andy

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

Nah, there was no one in so the guy just came from behind the bar and put a few pound in the machine.

#48 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:16 PM

the union sucks. my friend was right, the stairs are painted hospital colours! i preferred it dull & dingy like it used to be! like my friend said - its not our union any more, its the freshers union sad.gif
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#49 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:01 PM

Mmmm you speak of freshers with a hint of disgust there tongue.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#50 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:37 PM

it was our union first!!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#51 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

yeh, it was....BUT now its OUR union....we are part of u lot now!!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#52 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:34 PM

lol, but thats not the point, they shouldn't have repainted it! it was better like it used to be!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#53 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

I kinda tought that the stairway looked a bit like a prison with all the bars and stuff

#54 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Sep 22 2005, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 21 2005, 10:36 PM)
I was at the induction today!! who else was ther?? i was at the 12 noon one....sooooo borin! who knows, we mite have been sitn next to each otha!

thot it was a wee bit funny wen the guy sed our life time partner will probs b in the same hall, but then the woman pointed out the majority of ppl wer guys!!

View Post

yip i was there, i fact i know a lot of members were there. how wierd

View Post

ooooh i was there too!! smile.gif was sitting next to the sports union president guy! smile.gif
beast

#55 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

me & my mate crashed freshers week today, lol. freebies galore!! i stole about 10 pens from the john smith bookshop stand, the girl there was like "here, take some more!!" & i'm in competitions to win a mini, an ipod, & a trip to new york. course, my junk mail email addy will be snowed under for the considerable future, but hey, minor detail!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#56 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

I went to that too. I got a few pens, a tumbler and another few random un needed items. Entered into a few competitions aswell.

I totally agree with your thoughts on the new paint colour...was much better before! The boyfriend said exactly the same as you - that it looked like a hospital.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#57 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

I totally forgot bout traders fair!! gutted! went to Maths intro talk at 10 and was so excited to goin home to go bak to bed that i forgot about the fair!!

But I went to the union for a while last nite...never seen much, it was mobbed, so left early....was in The Ark from bout 5 til 11 tho!! got a wee bit tipsy!!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#58 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

I was at the trader's fair.

I got a couple of Bookshop pens, a Carling plastic pint glass, O2 bubbles, free samples of hair gel, entered a competition for an iPod, keyring...

It was mobbed tongue.gif
Mark

#59 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:29 PM

I was at the traders fair and managed to do everything rather quickly. Gutted that I didnt get the hair gel because I'm not male and it was a male hairdressers. I wanted some for my boyfriend but he went to the traders fair anyway. Everything turned out okay.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users