Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Strathclyde Fresher's Week - HSN forum

Strathclyde Fresher's Week

58 replies to this topic

#1 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:42 PM

I got a envelope full of stuff about Fresher's week and the like this morning.

It detailed all the events that are on over the week. Some are better than others obviously. I haven't read through it all yet.

Is everyone getting the "week pass" at £35? Is it worth the payment in advance? You might end up not going to every single event?!

Mark

#2 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

Oh aye i got that information through the letter box this morning too! ehh... i don't think i will be paying the 35 pounds coz i am not sure if i will be going to every Freshers Week event smile.gif
beast

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:16 PM

i got the same. & i'm not even a fresher! so did my friend who's 3rd year!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:24 PM

Awww, I don't have any of that stuff.

sad.gif
@

#5 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:49 PM

The £35 might be worth it as some of the events are between £5-£10 each. The best thing to do is to look what you want to got to and see how much it comes to smile.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#6 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

am only gona b able 2 go to a couple of nites cos of work...so thers no point in me getn the pass...

i will be about £20 the whole week

if u dont have the pass, it costs £2 to get entry to the union at night

its usually free, but their chargin durin freshers' week
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#7 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:34 PM

Yeah I don't know if I am buying the pass either, since I don't know how many events I'll be going too!

And why was there an envelope with an address printed on it inside the pack, about buying the pass? Nothing else in the pack explained what that was for! :-/
Mark

#8 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

there was a leaflet in mine with a form on the back for you to fill in to say if you wanted a freshers pass or not, i assumed you were meant to put that in the envelope.

#9 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

I never got a leaflet like that in mine I don't think...I'll have a check though! You can order it on-line I think!

I don't know if I am buying it or not, but I just wondered what it was all about! tongue.gif
Mark

#10 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Sep 5 2005, 10:34 PM)
Yeah I don't know if I am buying the pass either, since I don't know how many events I'll be going too!

And why was there an envelope with an address printed on it inside the pack, about buying the pass? Nothing else in the pack explained what that was for! :-/

View Post

I wouldnt kno! seem to be the only person who never got it!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#11 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:05 AM

no i didnt neither did any of us south of glasgow, well in the kilmarnock area

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#12 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:57 PM

So far im only going to the beach party and the thingy with the S Club nobodies, so i dont know if it's worth buying the pass yet. No doubt my friends will persuade me to go out every night so, for me, it probably would work out cheaper getting the pass.
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#13 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:13 AM

I got me freshers stuff earlier today.

I'm loving the dodgily edited in picture of Frasier Crane. Obviously someone's first attempt at using photoshop - bless!

Dunno what events I'm going to yet. Anything with freebies probably, innit.
@

#14 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

I got 3 big envelopes today with all the info....freshers week, inductionm registering and the like
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#15 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 8 2005, 12:05 PM)
I got 3 big envelopes today with all the info....freshers week, inductionm registering and the like

View Post

ooooohhhh am on holiday at the moment, and me nd my mate were thinking of going to the beach party thing at the union but what date is it again, coz i forgot!!!????? lol lol .... biggrin.gif
beast

#16 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

So who's all going to the opening event tomorrow night tongue.gif

edit: Actually make that tonight rolleyes.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#17 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:58 AM

I'm not, me and my pal are going to the stuff thats on tomorrow smile.gif
beast

#18 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

Yeah I'm not going in tonight either. Didn't seem much on apart from Trevor Nelson. And I wasn't that interested! tongue.gif

Think I am going in tommorow night though. Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday aswell.
Mark

#19 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:58 PM

there are two threads with exactly the same title?!? blink.gif

#20 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:38 PM

oooohhh the Union is really cool. I was up there today for all the wee mettings and stuff and made a few pals, which is good smile.gif
beast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users