Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Gigs: who and when? - HSN forum - Page 5

Gigs: who and when?

217 replies to this topic

#81 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

Just back from Embrace concert at SECC. Well. What can I say!? I say this all the time....but it was AMAZIN!!

Classics like Come Back To What You Know and Wonder got the crowd wooohing! but then the newer upbeat tracks such as Ashes and Gravity were the songs that got the crowd in an uproar of excitement!! A lot of old people there, not surprising tho considerin they hav been around for a while.

The finale, The Good Will Out was definitely the highlight of the gig for me! Sad to see it end!!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#82 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

My updated Gigs list:

January - Shockwaves NME Awards Tour feat Maximo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets, Carling Academy
March - Editors, Barrowlands
March - Ordinary Boys, Barrowlands
April - Kaiser Chiefs, SECC
April - We Are Scientists, Barrowlands

Past gigs include: The Darkness, Do Me Bad Things, Snow Patrol, Ash, Greenday, HARD-Fi (twice), Athlete, NME Rock n Roll Riot Tour inc Kaiser Chiefs, Maximo Park (twice) and The Cribs, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, 1990s, Embrace
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#83 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Jan 26 2006, 07:30 PM)
April - Kaiser Chiefs, SECC

I wanted to go to this gig but tickets but my friend forgot to order the tickets and they were sold out by the time he tried sad.gif

Anyway, I'll be seeing a bunch of bands over the next few months: Cryptopsy/Aborted/Grave/Dew Scented, Cannibal Corpse, Sun 0))), In Flames/Sepultura and probably a few more I forgot. I'm guessing most people here don't listen to this kind of stuff, but I thought I'd post that anyway.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#84 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

I managed to get last minute tickets for the James Blunt gig in the SECC next Friday. So happy! The SECC must have released more tickets because it was sold out the last i heard. Cannot wait! biggrin.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#85 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:00 PM

yeh, ur rite - it was sold out huh.gif

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#86 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

I'm going to see 3 Doors Down in April. That'll be my, "Yay, you're out of hospital!" present to myself. biggrin.gif

#87 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

I may be going to see fear factory in april and Tool sometime this year hopefully.

#88 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:14 PM

i don't like big gigs, but have bben to many small gigs, probably ones you guys don't know, sign red, dragging the lake, dogs die in hot cars, white noise etc. was fanatasic
luv
gizmo
xxx
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#89 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 27 2006, 03:08 PM)
I'm going to see 3 Doors Down in April.  That'll be my, "Yay, you're out of hospital!" present to myself. biggrin.gif

View Post

I'm seeing them too. Got my tickets and everything. Ticketmaster cannot spell though - "THIS IS NOT A TICKT".

#90 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

Me too ohmy.gif

#91 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Feb 3 2006, 12:11 AM)
Me too ohmy.gif

View Post

Anyone wanting 3 Doors Down tickets? I just realised I have a prior engagement. wink.gif

I know a few folk who are going. We all have the great idea of walking back through Dalkeith back to our homes cause the night bus only goes within 2 miles of our houses. Should be a good gig. Wonder what support bands will be lined up?

#92 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(Paul @ Jan 26 2006, 07:30 PM)
April - We Are Scientists, Barrowlands

Fnarrr! Apparently I'm going to that gig.

I was misled though, I got told it was sooner than April.

Wear a t-shirt saying PAUL OFF OF HSN and I will go "Sup? I'm Tuppy!"*

*except I actually won't because that would be flipping weird.
@

#93 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(gizmo @ Jan 28 2006, 05:14 PM)
i don't like big gigs, but have bben to many small gigs, probably ones you guys don't know, sign red, dragging the lake, dogs die in hot cars, white noise etc. was fanatasic
luv
gizmo
xxx

View Post

They are all really good bands!! Dragging the lake are awesome!! They are total dudes!! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#94 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Pete Townshend)
The Who have announced details of their new global tour. Guitarist Pete Townshend has said that the group will be hitting the road this year for an extensive worldwide trek, according to NME.com.

"There will be a tour," he said. "We already have European festival dates slotted in June and July."

In a posting on his official website, he said The Who would then head Stateside for a North American tour which will feature "three - or even four - legs" and will run from September and December. He added: "We go on to the rest of the world in 2007."

Townshend also revealed that fans can expect a new album from The Who in the near future. He said: "There will be a new CD sometime in the early summer. I know I've cried wolf a few times, but this time I have committed because I have about enough music for a new CD, and I'm still producing."

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS w00t.gif

#95 Insane

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:22 AM

I went to see Little Britain last friday was sooooooooooooo good biggrin.gif

#96 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

The Strokes this Tuesday biggrin.gif and editors in march smile.gif

#97 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:25 AM

i'd love to go to the 3 doors down concert but working. did james leave dragging the lake or was htat some thing i heard more than fact? have you heard the band free beer? they're pretty good at the moment but are having to change the name because their parents are not happy about it! lol! high street and 24/7 are still playing soon, their pretty good but can't play guns'n'roses! its a shame
luv
gizmo
xxxxxx
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#98 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:25 PM

THE WHO?!

Woah... THE WHO?!

#99 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Feb 5 2006, 09:25 PM)
THE WHO?!

Woah... THE WHO?!

View Post

Take it easy man...but if we don't get tickets then I will actually die of horror.

#100 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

Went to see some bands on The Ferry on Saturday. Pretty good.

And allegedly I'm going to see GOLDIE LOOKIN' CHAIN(!!!!!!) tonight. Oh yas.
@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users