Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Gigs: who and when? - HSN forum - Page 2

Gigs: who and when?

217 replies to this topic

#21 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Sep 5 2005, 04:19 PM)

I really wanna see Franz Ferdinand though! I'm gutted that El Presidente are playing Strathclyde Freshers' Week, I want to see them! Knew I shuda picked Strathclyde over Glasgow  mad.gif

View Post

are you going to glasgow? cos if you are, & will have a glasgow student card by then, you can get into the strathy union....

when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#22 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:02 PM

as long as u join the QM or GU before tryin to get into strath union with it!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#23 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 5 2005, 09:02 PM)
as long as u join the QM or GU before tryin to get into strath union with it!

View Post

I think you can get into events, but the price is higher for non strathclyde students

msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#24 Lynnphocite

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, theatre, guitar, music, dancing, gigging.. anything arty really.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Sep 3 2005, 11:47 PM)
I'm going to see Mindless Self Indulgence in a couple of weeks time.

OMG, where and when?!! lol

I'd loooooove to go see Do Me Bad Things again, I saw them in Edinburgh earlier this year and they're still amazing, but I can't be bothered dragging my backside all the way to Glasgow!

I really want to see Ash again, they're my faverouteist band in the whole entire world ever!! I waited 5 years to see them, I watched the two support bands and then got dehydrated, fainted, and missed Ash' entire setlist :'( Saw them with the Darkness though and they were amazing!

Going to see MCR in a couple of weeks, and v. hopefully going to see HIM in January!! I've seen lots of other people but can't be bothered naming.

#25 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:23 PM

I seen them with the Darkness too!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#26 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

Here goes, I've seen:

Franz Ferdinand
Kaiser Chiefs
Stereophonics
Ash
RHCP
U2 biggrin.gif
Interpol
Oasis
Super Furry Animals

and am going to see the White Stripes and Brendan Benson! smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#27 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

Where did you see u2? I saw them in cardiff (long way to travel) they were amazing!

#28 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

Seen:

Spice Girls
Boyzone
5ive
Blue
RHCP
The Streets
er.. i think there's more but can't remember

Got planned:

McFly

I haven't been looking out for gigs to go and see that much recently. Cash flow situation isn't really happening.

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

My Franz Ferdinand tickets came through today biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#30 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(kyle @ Sep 7 2005, 11:59 PM)
Where did you see u2? I saw them in cardiff (long way to travel) they were amazing!

View Post

Hampden, with Interpol supporting. Easily the best gig I've been to! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

#31 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:51 PM

Well, it was The Offspring last night. They were awesome. Considering they had the SECC to work with, it sounded pretty damned decent. laugh.gif

#32 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

I've seen:
Nickelback
Papa Roach
Daniel Bedingfield
Coldplay
Blink 182 and possibly some other people that I can't remember.

Am being dragged to see Mc Fly next month with my sister, then me and my m8s are going to see KT Tunstall in Nov. Might be going to see Rooster as well.
I wanna go and see the Foo Fighters and Franz Ferdinand tho *stomps foot*
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabarŠ ciego.
~Gandhi~

#33 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

I'm going to see Mindless Self Indulgence tomorrow and I can't wait =D

But I have no idea where King Tut's is. Oh. sad.gif
@

#34 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Sep 13 2005, 10:11 PM)
I'm going to see Mindless Self Indulgence tomorrow and I can't wait =D

But I have no idea where King Tut's is. Oh. sad.gif

View Post

Me either - but I'd suggest googling it or something. Maybe you'll strike it lucky and come accross a map! biggrin.gif
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabarŠ ciego.
~Gandhi~

#35 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:48 PM

Aye, I found it on Mapquest.co.uk (272a St Vincent Street, apparently!) but I don't really know my way around town. Ach well, I'll just look like a tourist and ask people for directions smile.gif
@

#36 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 02:40 PM

Do Me Bad Things gig at the Garage in Glasgow is cancelled!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh! shockin! its cos they have recording commitments! bums! ach well! gona try and exchange our tickets for the recently added Hard-Fi gig at barrowlands in December!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#37 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Sep 13 2005, 08:51 PM)
Well, it was The Offspring last night. They were awesome. Considering they had the SECC to work with, it sounded pretty damned decent. laugh.gif

View Post

I was also there, was brilliant in my opinion!

And this Saturday, Rock In The Castle, is anyone else going? what about you Allana?

#38 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(Nexus_Icon @ Sep 14 2005, 08:40 PM)
I was also there, was brilliant in my opinion!

View Post

Man, when Noodles came on with the start of "Pay The Man" for the encore I nearly died of enjoyment.

#39 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:41 PM

My updated gigs list:

October - Do Me Bad Things, Garage in Glasgow (cancelled mad.gif )
October - Athlete, Carling Academy
November - Franz Ferdinand, SECC
December - HARD-Fi, Barrowlands
December - Maximo Park, Barrowlands
December - Embrace SECC

Past gigs include: The Darkness, Do Me Bad Things, Snow Patrol, Ash and Greenday

Bidded for Athlete tickets on ebay last nite. Got 2 standing tickets for £22 each cool.gif

Just got Maximo Park tickets 2day biggrin.gif they play on Monday 5th and HARD-Fi play on Sunday 4th!!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#40 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Sep 7 2005, 02:37 PM)
and am going to see the White Stripes and Brendan Benson!  smile.gif

View Post

Saw Brendan Benson last night in the liquid rooms...great gig smile.gif ! I somehow passed off as over 18! biggrin.gif The support band, ok-go, were really good too.

IPB Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users