Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Gigs: who and when? - HSN forum

Gigs: who and when?

217 replies to this topic

#1 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:59 PM

So, what gigs u all been to or are u plannin to go to?

what were they like??

I am goin to see:

September - El Presidente, Strathclyde Freshers' Week
September - Alabama 3, Strathclyde Freshers' Week
October - Do Me Bad Things, Garage in Glasgow
November - Franz Ferdinand, SECC
December - Embrace SECC

really wanted to see Athlete at Carling Academy, but as soon as I got money to pay for tickets, I realised it was sold out!

Gonna try and get tickets to see Bravery! Also gonna try and get tickets off ebay for Kaiser Chiefs in October

Past gigs include: The Darkness, Do Me Bad Things, Snow Patrol and Greenday

ohh...forgot to add that I have seen Ash (SECC) as well!

Edited by Paul, 02 March 2006 - 04:36 PM.

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#2 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

hah I got tickets to see oasis at the SECC cool.gif

#3 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

In work, a cuple peeps got standing ticktes, my mate tried to get them but no luck! they wer sold out!

I wanted to go but was workin so couldnt get tickets!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#4 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:11 PM

they sold out very quickly, managed to get standing tickets though

#5 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:21 PM

I'm going to see McFly on the 5th of October, Rooster on the 21st and KT Tunstall on the 6th of November.

And I think I might be going to see Embrace in December, too.

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:45 PM

I've seen Ginger(lead vocalist/guitarist of The Wildhearts) at the Bar Fly, forget the date though.

Going to see The Offspring(SECC) a week on Monday i think, then i'm going to Rock In The Castle the following Saturday, that will be a fun week. And then in December i'm gpoing to see Cradle Of Filth at the Carling Academy in December.

#7 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:47 PM

....death metal isnt my scene

#8 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:13 PM

Slipknot scare the bejezus out of me. =/

I've not been to many concerts really. Maroon 5 and the Calling last October... Oh, and 911 when I was 13. Yas!

#9 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:22 PM

Have seen:

- Offspring w/AFI
- Incubus w/Brand New (poop)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ash (poop) and N*E*R*D
- Beastie Boys
- Greenday w/New Found Glory
- U2 w/Killers and Starsailor

Plan to see:

- Offspring (12th of Sept at SECC)
- Killswitch Engage (cant remember)
- Franz Ferdinand
- Foo Fighters (dec)

And:

- Interpol and Metallica (if they ever come!)

#10 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:27 PM

I've seen Muse w. Hundred Reasons (Corn Exchange), Bert Jansch (Howden Park Centre), Soweto String Quartet (Assembly Rooms), Wheatus (Corn Exchange), Foo Fighters (x2 - SECC & TITP), Tenacious D (Corn Exchange), Sum 41 w. Reel Big Fish (SECC), Ataris w. Snow Dogs (Liquid Room), Fightstar, Beautiful South, Ordinary Boys, Audioslave, Keane, Green Day, Snoop Dogg, Queens of the Stone Age, Athlete (meh), Razorlight, Killers, and Biffy Clyro (all at TITP). I've also been to the Festival Interceltique in Lorient twice. Haven't got any gigs planned atm.

Btw, I only saw Fightstar because they were the first on at the NME Stage on the Saturday at this year's TITP. They were actually not bad though.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#11 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:03 PM

The GreenBelt festival.. damn i missed it.

#12 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:47 PM

I'm going to see Mindless Self Indulgence in a couple of weeks time. I CANNAE WAIT.

My best friend is coming down to go to the gig with me and we're super excited. Especially since we never thought MSI would come to the uk.

Eeeee. Even though I've not been to see that many bands, I can't for the life of me remember all the gigs I've been to. Eh. Oh well.

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster are one of the best live bands I've ever seen, though.
@

#13 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:12 AM

So far ive seen:

Boyzone - 3 times....oooh how i loved my childhood!
Busted
Westlife - 8 times cool.gif
5ive
Beyonce
G4

And seeing McFly on the 4th of October
SUCH a teeny bopper!
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#14 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:40 AM

Last gig I was at was Red Hot Chili Peppers with Ash and N.E.R.D.

Was at Gig On The Green 2003: Red Hot Chili Peppers with Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age, PJ Harvey, Electric Six and The Distillers.

Got dragged along to Bowling For Soup, Farse, Never Heard Of It and the gig that made me feel suicidal was being dragged along by some friends to see Blink 182 (worst gig I've ever been too).

I'm going to try and get tickets to see Bob Dylan soon and I've been frantically searching for weeks to find Standing tickets for Foo Fighters in Glasgow. When The Rolling Stones come back to Britain for what could be their last tour then I'll probably go to that.

It disappoints me to know that there is little chance of me ever going to see The Who and Pink Floyd live >_<

#15 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:48 PM

I've just booked standing tickets for Franz Ferdinand on the 23rd of November. Yeeeehaaaaa biggrin.gif

Seating sucks tongue.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#16 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Sep 3 2005, 09:13 PM)

I've not been to many concerts really.  Maroon 5 and the Calling last October...  Oh, and 911 when I was 13.  Yas!

View Post

Wow, you haven't been to a McFly concert then!?

#17 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Shaun @ Sep 4 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Sep 3 2005, 09:13 PM)

I've not been to many concerts really.  Maroon 5 and the Calling last October...  Oh, and 911 when I was 13.  Yas!

View Post

View Post

Those McFly folk are crazy rebels, swearing in church an all http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment...-name_page.html
ohmy.gif Think abou all the scarred, disolusioned children!
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#18 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:08 AM

That article's a load of crap, the Record are good at getting their facts wrong. Although they did swear in the church and Dougie did say that he and Harry got married the day before. Yum. But Pinball Wizard already is a B-side, so get your facts right Cath and Bev. *pouts*

QUOTE(Shaun @ Sep 4 2005, 05:08 PM)

View Post

Ooh, I saw them at Live and Loud actually. I also saw Rooster that day, and Natalie Imbruglia, Daniel Bedingfield, KT Tunstall, The LOVEBITES (!!!!!), Noise Next Door, FreeFaller, Mel C, Charlotte Church, blah blah blah...

Thanks for reminding me. How could I forget that? I practically passed out when McFly were on stage, bahaha... They were awesoooome, even if it was just a half-hour set.

I've only liked them since Christmas. And their tour's starting in a couple of weeks. RaWr.

#19 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:58 PM

i'm a bit behind when it comes to the whole gigs thing, i've only seen:

-avril lavigne (twice, SECC last october, & Carling Academy in may - we got right down the front & i even got a plectrum from the guitarist because the nice sercurity man who i'm best mates with now because he was also a steward at hogmanay in george square, that i've also been down the front at the past two years, was nice enough to give me it when it landed on top of one of the speakers!!!)
-feeder (in march at the Carling Academy)
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#20 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

Ooh gigs in the past year and in the next few months for me....

Avril Lavigne SECC October 2004
Avril Lavigne Carling Academy May 2005
Sum41 The ABC July 2005

Goldfrapp Carling Academy October 12th
Rooster Carling Academy October 21st
Bowling For Soup King Tut's October 23rd (I don't like them but my best mate wants to go fo her 18th on that day!)
Taste Of Chaos SECC Novenber 9th (maybe)
The Alkaline Trio Barrowlands November 20th

I really wanna see Franz Ferdinand though! I'm gutted that El Presidente are playing Strathclyde Freshers' Week, I want to see them! Knew I shuda picked Strathclyde over Glasgow mad.gif
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users