Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The 2004 Physics Exam - HSN forum - Page 2

The 2004 Physics Exam

60 replies to this topic

#21 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:15 PM

Hey,

I wasn't expecting the question that was asked either. I drew a scale diagram and got 14.5 km for the displacement after a few attempts!!!

#22 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

yeh i panicked on the first written question too, i tried it with the cosine rule first then the answer i got seemed too small, so i decided to leave it and come back at the end. When i came back to it i did a really quick scale drawing and got about 14.3km for my displacement. I really didnt want one of those questions to come up cos we had one in the prelim and i kinda mucked that up!
user posted image

#23 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:15 PM

Yeah i panicked on that question too! I used the cosine rule but i think i did it wrong!! Great!

#24 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:13 AM

i did the cosine rule and got 14.5km but that was after doing a scale drawing and getting 17.5km. I went and trusted my calculation and i think i made the right decision

I should have known that if it has never been in the exam before chances are they will do it this year wink.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#25 zinger_bawbinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

I got 65% in my prelim and hope to have passed at least ...

#26 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 01:25 PM

When i used the cosine rule i think that i used the wrong angle for cosA (if u no wot i mean??) So thats why i think i did it wrong! sad.gif

#27 Kittyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:24 PM

I thought it was okay. A bit different to usual papers. I hate multiple choice and i thought these ones were pretty hard however, the day before i did previous papers from 1991 to 1994 and there were about 5 questions that came up that were the exact same as these years although i wish i could have remembered the answer lol. I thought that was a bit strange.

The paper itself was okay. However i had a complete mental block in the exam, i was just so worried about it that i have totally messed it up and i'll be lucky if i have scraped a pass. I am gutted about it. I mean i found the resistance of a capacitor??? That's not even possible! What was i thinking. I know i could do most of the question but something about there in that moment i couldn't. I don't have anything to appeal with since i just missed passing the prelim by 1/2 a mark...however my teacher is incredibly strick. Taking 1/2 marks off because i didnt have a tail on my U :/

And for that question i got nothing like that blink.gif

#28 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:46 PM

I got 70% for my first prelim and 83% for my second prelim, but I found the exam quite difficult. I managed to answer everything apart from two questions - but I hate Physics anyway, so I'm just glad it's over.

#29 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:42 PM

To the physics paper, I got 89% in my prelim and 94% in my second prelim, but I think I got 72% in the exam. The paper wasn't that hard, but I messed up the first couple of questions I think. I think I got the last couple all right though.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#30 porsch1909

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:18 PM

i ahte physics. my dad has a PhD in the subject so dont tell him. i foudn taht relatviley difficult. i think i might have scrapped and A i hope so all depends on the cut off and marking sheme. i got 68% for the prelim.

#31 porsch1909

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

i thought general SG was the worst. why did they have MC in the SG general.

#32 Douglas

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

I got 67 in my first prelim and 88 percent in my seccond. i feel that the exam was quite fair. it was our ex physics teacher that made this year's paper so we all thought it was going to be very difficult. but thankfully he managed to keep it simple.

#33 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Douglas @ Jun 1 2004, 05:33 PM)
but thankfully he managed to keep it simple.

I wouldn't say the physics exam was simple!!!! No highers are simple cum on! Thats a bit unfair!

#34 Blah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:10 AM

64% in the prelim. Hoping for an A. However hope doesn't bring papa back his cheese.

#35 maloney_luver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:55 PM

i got 94% in my first prelim and 98% for my second prelim....if i haven't got an A i'll shoot myself before my teacher shoots me.....

#36 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

you know its funny on this forum there is a war being planned against the SQA and no-one(well not many) have mentioned the impossibel question in the paper ie the question on photons being released from the photodiode. It wasn't so much impossible as not possible with the data given

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#37 Silver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Chasing WB execs with a knife- damn those Angel cancellers
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, ice skating, my pond, the supernatural, Ginger Snaps (I and II), Thirteen, Graphic design, Flash movies, RPGs (playing and creating), drawing, writing

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:17 AM

I think that one was possible... you used the charge of an electron or the mass or something. I don't remember. That's what I did...

Ididn't think it was easy or anything and I did really badly in my prelim, compared to how I thought, although I guess it was okay really... I *just* got a B. I hope I got an A in the exam though. I think I calculated that I got around 78% or something like that.

#38 Silver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Chasing WB execs with a knife- damn those Angel cancellers
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, ice skating, my pond, the supernatural, Ginger Snaps (I and II), Thirteen, Graphic design, Flash movies, RPGs (playing and creating), drawing, writing

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:18 AM

I put an A but if I did get one it wasn't a very good one.

#39 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:16 PM

I put C although if i'm honest i know i have failed it. I got an A in the prelim so hopefully with an appeal (please appeal happen!) it'll get pushed to a C. i totally panicked and couldn't do it. When i look a thte questions now, i basically know how to do them. i made ALOT of incredibly stupid mistakes. But that's life, eh!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#40 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:05 PM

I really hate it when that happens, on the day of the exams u make so many stupid mistakes mostly on the simple questions, then after the exam you kick urself, cuz u know how many marks u have just lost for nothing. mad.gif
Well thats what happens when you are nervous about the exams especially the physics one.

`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users