Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
adv biol topic - HSN forum

adv biol topic

6 replies to this topic

#1 hateexams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

hey!
i was js wonderin if any1 has any ideas on what they will do 4 the adv biol project or what you did last year?
i was thinkin about doing something to do with memory but i dnt know what and my teacher is useless!!!!!! i can't find any websites either

XXX

#2 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

yeh you could do one about memory and learning and stuff.. You could get loads of people to do different puzzles and tests to prove things like how you remember certain facts than others, etc. I remember when I was doing Higher Biology, we took part in some expts AH people were doing, one of which was to join the dots of a shape using a mirror only - very hard laugh.gif

#3 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:34 PM

a girl in my class last year did that, but I think she dropped biology in the last month so no idea how her investigation turned out. I started doing one on daphnia and was planning on measuring their heart rates (you can see their hearts beating under a microscope) and see how heart rates were affected by different factors huh.gif anyway I gave up on that and instead did one on duckweed and measured growth rate by changing pH and salinity of water and stuff like that, I thought it was pretty crap and too simple but I got a B in the end up so I must have done something right (and it definetly wasnt the end of year exam)

#4 Jas0n

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:16 PM

I did mine on the effect of age on short term memory last year and I regret choosing it. Personally I thought it took a LONG time to do because I had to spend a lot of time with each person doing all the different tests etc. If I had the choice again I would do the micro biology ones.
IPB Image

#5 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:54 AM

Hows everyone getting on with their investigations? I've had to change mine and re-think my methods loads. I'm doing mine in two parts: my first experiment produces my anti-fungal product, and the second uses this product to test inhibition of growth of my chosen fungus.

I chose the wrong fungus, so nothing happened originally lol. I'm hopeless at practicals, so this is quite a nightmare in some respects. My teacher hardly seems to care how much i'm worrying over it, and I'm scared of not completeing it on time. I feel like an idiot having to ask dumb questions, ahh I can't wait to get it done and written-up and out my head!

My notebook is a big mess hah
Kirsty Worsty

#6 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

Wanted to see the effect of weedkiller on Drosophila. Apparently, none whatsoever. I never want to see another fruit fly AGAIN.

#7 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

That sucks. I've done my experimnt(s) again, just hoping that theres is actaully inhibited growth after all that hard work. You should have alot to write about, despite it not doing anything.
Kirsty Worsty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users