Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New 2005 S5 Pupils - HSN forum

New 2005 S5 Pupils

37 replies to this topic

#1 xx_katie_xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:49 PM

Hello! How is everyone finding S5 compared to standard grade? Im thinking its very very hard! Anyways what did you all get in results??

#2 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

Hey, i think the higher courses are going ok - so far. I got 8 ones for standard grade, and you? smile.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#3 xx_katie_xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:19 PM

I got five 1s and three 2s! I was very happy with that tho because not what i expected atoll!

#4 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:27 PM

Well done biggrin.gif

What highers are you doing and what are you planning to do after school?

I'm doing highers in English, Maths, Chemistry, Human Biology and Modern Studies, although I don't really know what I plan on doing after school.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#5 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

Hey! I got 4 1's and 4 2's in my Standard Grades. This year I am doing 5 Highers in English, Maths, Physics, Computing and Modern Studies. I am very worried about Maths and Physics as I don't think I will do well in them and now its too late to change.

#6 princess

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

hi, i got seven 1's and two 2's. doing highers in english, maths, modern studies, biology and french.

#7 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(KrazyK @ Aug 25 2005, 08:41 PM)
Hey!  I got 4 1's and 4 2's in my Standard Grades. This year I am doing 5 Highers in English, Maths, Physics, Computing and Modern Studies. I am very worried about Maths and Physics as I don't think I will do well in them and now its too late to change.

View Post

DW I was predicted at a D for Phy until easter which is when I reli started gettin serious and ended up with an A. Just put lots of practice into it - with math too!

#8 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:51 PM

i got an A, 3 1s and 4 2s! i was quite pleased i spose, surprised with a few!

im also doing 5 Highers this year, English, Maths, Chemistry, History and Gaidhlig.

Work isnt that bad so far, English is rather pressuring with all the homework we have already, but everything else seems ok - so far!

well at least it is only one year, instead of the 2 years of SGs!
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#9 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

good luck on your highers smile.gif

#10 Nocturnal Pigeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:18 PM

Hey! I got 5 ones, 3 twos in SG. I suppose that's good going. I'm also doing 5 highers in Maths, English, Geography, Chemistry and Physics. It's going to be a good year...

#11 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:14 PM

Well done with your results and good luck on your 5th year smile.gif

Welcome to the forum too tongue.gif

#12 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

Hey Good Luck To Everyone starting S5 and Well Done on your results.

#13 xKTx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:29 PM

I think 5th year isn't that hard so far but i probably won't b sayin that in a few weeks! It's a bit crap having no social life but if u work hard this year, 6th year will b amazin!

#14 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:11 PM

You can have a social life and work hard at the same time it's just a case pf balancing!! cliche i know but it's so true!! 5th year goes past in a flash so don't muck about!! if you do waste time 6th year won't be fun like it should be!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#15 Cloudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Bass guitar, Rock Music, Rugby

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

Dude u guys all did really well. I got 5 2's and 3 3's. But Im not the brightest of people blink.gif

#16 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(xKTx @ Sep 10 2005, 07:29 PM)
I think 5th year isn't that hard so far but i probably won't b sayin that in a few weeks! It's a bit crap having no social life but if u work hard this year, 6th year will b amazin!

View Post

Trust me, it's not as great as everyone in 5th year seems to think. It's pretty boring - everyone usually loses all of their enthusiasm and just stops working. tongue.gif

#17 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

I think I have reached that point already.

#18 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

Ah.. the good ol days. rolleyes.gif

#19 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:21 PM

I think 6th year is great - I'm diong the subjects I enjoy - Adv Higher art and music and im doing french through open learning. Tis great!! biggrin.gif

#20 Lucia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:amateur genealogist/family historian

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:19 PM

I am finding S5 quite hard right now - I'm doing English, Maths, German, History, Modern Studies (crash). Last year I got 6 1's but I was really disappointed with what I got for Art (Grade2) and for Graphics which was really just a timetable filler because the school didn't offer Modern Studies (too embarrassed to tell you) sad.gif .

The subjects I find the hardest are English and Maths (on a B for both). I really want to get an A for English because I got 3 1's at SG, but it is really hard!

There is so much more work to do. And I panicked a while ago because I realised that exams aren't far away and I must get revising... unsure.gif

Lucia
smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users