Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How Did the Paper Go? - HSN forum - Page 3

How Did the Paper Go?

50 replies to this topic

#41 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

What did everyone write for 13(e) and also 4(b)(i) - I found it quite difficult in distinguishing social implications from ethical implications.

#42 5cott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:39 PM

so what exactly is the definition of hypermedia dry.gif

#43 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

"A tool for building systems to organise, structure and access information."

According to the HSDU notes

#44 5cott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:42 PM

ok................. what did everyone else put?

#45 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Allan @ May 27 2004, 07:40 PM)
"A tool for building systems to organise, structure and access information."

According to the HSDU notes

Oh well...got that wrong!

Wrote nothing like that.

#46 Ali Vegas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

Uhh, that paper was laaaaaaaame.

First question is basic 10 marks tho. Ridiculously simple when you consider the rest of the paper. Second was ehhh, not so bad. Wrote for like half an hour because I guess I could cover some points that way. Third question was shady..don't even know what's up with that. Just kinda wrote again for four. Started writing about the acts for (a) then read the next part of the question and was like daaaamn.

The whole CAS Section is kinda ehhh tho. Probably did okay, tho..

This forum is gully tho, considering it allowed me the realisation that that 5 hour ish we spent like 10 hours on was actually a contribution towards our overall grade and not one of those internal assessment things. Kinda renewed my hope for a decent grade. No idea what I got for the assessment tho, but I guess if it was regarding databases..it has to be something high.

It's whatever tho. Easily the worst subject I've ever had any experience with. Kinda thing you wish someone had warned you about prior to the selection.

#47 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Ali Vegas @ May 27 2004, 09:14 PM)
Easily the worst subject I've ever had any experience with. Kinda thing you wish someone had warned you about prior to the selection.

100% agreed there!

#48 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

does this mean you all have a new found faith in the SQA as most seem to be happy enough with the exam. In the question you think there was a mistake im i think the markers will be given advice in giving marks where the pupil has made a logical attempt at the question

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#49 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Dave @ May 27 2004, 09:44 PM)
does this mean you all have a new found faith in the SQA as most seem to be happy enough with the exam.

so much faith that there was an error in the paper

can't say i've found it

#50 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Dave @ May 27 2004, 08:44 PM)
does this mean you all have a new found faith in the SQA as most seem to be happy enough with the exam. In the question you think there was a mistake im i think the markers will be given advice in giving marks where the pupil has made a logical attempt at the question

What do you mean logical attempt?

This is nothing like Maths, plus you don't have a clue about the subject!

How can they give marks for a logical attempt, nearly all answers would have been wrong I think. We don't have 'working' for Information Systems if that's what you thought. You just had to write stuff for that question.

They must have been awfully stupid if they couldn't spot big 'arrows' missing in the paper.

Once again the SQA has failed to produce a paper of high quality for Higher Information Systems.

#51 catm82

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

my friend is a teacher, and he said that what usually happens when there is a mistake in an exam is that you start with the marks that you would have got for that question... so in this case, before our papers start getting marked, we already have 5 marks... or at least something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users