Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Do they keep the exam papers? - HSN forum

Do they keep the exam papers?

14 replies to this topic

#1 8139222014

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

At least until after the appeals, but also is there a way to contact the SQA by E-mail?

#2 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

There is an e-mail address on the front page of the certificate, I think they keep them for a certain amount of time , maybe a year or something?!

#3 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

Are you kidding? No, they don't- not even in English. You have to ask now, and I mean like before September starts, if you want them back.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#4 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Aug 17 2005, 12:32 PM)
Are you kidding? No, they don't- not even in English. You have to ask now, and I mean like before September starts, if you want them back.

View Post

Erm, why do you think they don't keep them?
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#5 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

I always thought they kept them, and gave some of them out to teachers and things as examples of a "good" response, and a "bad response". I may be wrong.
Mark

#6 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:09 PM

They must keep them because when I went to that geography thing they had examples of good and bad answers and they had come from real papers.

#7 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Aug 17 2005, 01:44 PM)
I always thought they kept them, and gave some of them out to teachers and things as examples of a "good" response, and a "bad response". I may be wrong.

View Post

Oh yeah they have those Critical Essay and Close Reading workshops where the teachers get a kick out of laughing at the students responses tongue.gif

- oh and they get trained apparently laugh.gif

edit: ^ for Higher English anyway.

#8 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:23 PM

i think they legally have to keep papers for at least 1 year.

#9 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Aug 17 2005, 11:32 AM)

View Post

They actually keep the papers for 1 year.

Last year, my cousin wanted to retrieve her H English papers. She didn't contact them till 7 months after the exam results, and got them back without a problem smile.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#10 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

So.. slightly off topic but has anyone managed to get their individual component marks for H English?

#11 8139222014

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

Is there any place I can E-mail to complain about Appeals (Now don't you think this is crazy, for Admin I almost got a C, just by two marks, so I got a D, I sat 2 prelims and got 2 B's, and I didn't even AT LEAST get changed to a C.

#12 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

My bf got a C for Chemistry in his exam but had dropped very few marks in every other test/prelim/blah he had done and never got an appeal.

I got a C for philosphy, had a strongish A in my prelim and got B's for other stuff and got upgraded to an A.

Maybe it jsut depends on your luck!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#13 AM4R

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

i took my biz man 1 home last year, seemed fine!
::::::/\M/\R::::::

#14 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(AM4R @ May 3 2006, 05:19 PM) View Post

i took my biz man 1 home last year, seemed fine!

the thread was about your exam script though (the bit that you write on wink.gif )

#15 Ranana_ALMORY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Banking

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

The Xiucai exam can be kept to test people on their history knowledge, and also allow individuals to have a "Entry scholar" badge they can boast about, but everyone should be allowed to unlimited posts.
My favorites: Web Search | Free Mp3s | Free Wallpaper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users