Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glasgow university... - HSN forum - Page 2

Glasgow university...

127 replies to this topic

#21 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:12 PM

As far as Freshers Wk goes, do u think it would be worth it for me to pay to go to it when I would have to get the 11.30 train home each night?
I'm not sure what to do because I wouldn't be there for that long each night.
Any suggestions?

#22 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

That's the same problem that I would have if I went to the events at night so I doubt I'll bother going. One of my friends who would have to get an even earlier train is desperate to go though so I'm not sure. I just don't think it would be worth the money.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#23 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

It's 30 pound!

Its going to be one of the best weeks of your life - even if you don't go every night, its worth it.

#24 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Aug 28 2005, 07:08 PM)
It's 30 pound!

Its going to be one of the best weeks of your life - even if you don't go every night, its worth it.

View Post

its not worth paying the £30 if you don't go every night though, just pay for the nights you do go to
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#25 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

You need a pass to get into the events according to someone at Glasgow already.

#26 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

Yeah thats what I heard cos u supposedly need proof that your a first year.
I really want to go, seriously considering just stayin in a hotel 4the wk instead of leaving early every night!

#27 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

I'm just getting the pass. The last train to Airdrie's at half 11, but if needs be we can get a taxi out, it's not so bad if there's four of us sharing.

I'm excited about it. Big loser that I am.

#28 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

yeh, i think you need your pass for Glasgow Freshers' Week.... Strathclyde let you pay for the nites individually if you want...I'l be doin that!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#29 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(natalie1062 @ Aug 28 2005, 10:36 PM)
Yeah thats what I heard cos u supposedly need proof that your a first year.
I really want to go, seriously considering just stayin in a hotel 4the wk instead of leaving early every night!

View Post

I think you can stay in Halls for a week.

#30 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:38 PM

Really? How does that work?

#31 arizona_night

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:40 PM

yeh thats the rubbish thing ; the last trains to most places are around half 11! i'm so excited about freshers week as well and want to go every night so like lindsay i'll probably just get a taxi home with my friends.

i quite like the idea of staying in halls for a week though!

#32 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

Are u able to stay in halls for the wk though even if u will be staying at home the rest of the year?
The thing is that I dont know anyone else thats going and I dont really fancy paying 50 odd pounds myself to get bk home to irvine every morning!

#33 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

Bahaha, Goldie Lookin Chain are doing Freshers Week - amazing!

And Colin Murray. What fun.

#34 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

Ok so I filled out the form to get a Freshers' Pass then realised that you're supposed to do it in block caps and black ink... I haven't! Does it really matter (should I just send it?) or is there somewhere else that I can get a form? Is there a way of getting into the events by just paying separately? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just getting excited!

#35 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

I've just realised - you're doing French aren't you? We'll probably have lectures together!

Ooh, exciting. I love Internet people!

I'm such a dork. =/

#36 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:23 AM

Haha yeah I'm doing French, God help me.

I'm glad you said that actually, reminded me I gotta e-mail some person about registering for the class and stuff huh.gif

It's strange but I'm only getting excited about going to uni now. I've been calm for the past few months but now I'm almost hyper, which is kinda strange. I think it's the thought of going shopping for it all, which is even more sad probably but ah, it makes me happy!

#37 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:26 AM

Im doing French as well - the 20 credit one.

I'm hyper about money and clothes right now. I'm getting a bit nervous about it all now. unsure.gif

#38 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:03 PM

I'm going to have to email people to find out exactly what my timetable's going to be so I can make a hospital appointment. =/

I had my meeting with my adviser today. It was good, she was nice. Told her about all my health problems so that's all on my file now.

And my timetable's looking all right just now. Woo!

#39 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

I know roughly what my timetable will look like. Just the choice of 3 maths classes that have me worried, hoping not to be in the 4pm one.

Biffy Clyro at freshers week biggrin.gif

#40 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:47 PM

I think you get to chose which lecture it is you go to, depending on your own timetable.

There's one day where I have, like, four hours of nothing so I'll probably go home during that time.

I still can't believe we're all going to uni, it feels like yesterday we were talking about sitting our Highers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users