Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Buying back your papers - HSN forum

Buying back your papers

18 replies to this topic

#1 HatingHighers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:08 PM

Is it true you can buy back your papers, as long as you agree you won't protest the marking? If so, how do you go about doing it and how much do each of them cost?

My friend said they're £20 each but she's not, um, the most reliable of people to get your info from rolleyes.gif

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:07 PM

I believe you cannot buy back your papers.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:20 PM

I'd started a thread on this somewhere. Apparently it was introduced in 2002 but then chucked out unsure.gif

#4 HatingHighers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:01 PM

Aww lame sad.gif

#5 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:14 PM

Found it.. http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3120&hl=

#6 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

My physics teacher said something about people being able to see papers if they themselves arranged to go to the SQA office in Dalkeith, but I don't know if there is any truth to that.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#7 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:27 PM

We get our art stuff sent back. I'm glad cos we spend all year on it. Apparently my nice silver celtic clock which i designed has been broken though. Oh how I hate the SQA. sad.gif

#8 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

the scheme no longer exists.

#9 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

I think its a bit mince when in art (i dont do the subject, but know folks who do), they send away your final piece you do for the exam and theres no way of you getting it back. One of my friends did one of her best pieces of art in that exam, and now its locked up forever. Unless we decide to break into the SQA's stores.... hehehe ph34r.gif laugh.gif

#10 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(Gavers @ Aug 13 2005, 11:33 PM)
I think its a bit mince when in art (i dont do the subject, but know folks who do), they send away your final piece you do for the exam and theres no way of you getting it back. One of my friends did one of her best pieces of art in that exam, and now its locked up forever. Unless we decide to break into the SQA's stores.... hehehe  ph34r.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

i think only the standard grade stuff doesnt come back. as far as i know, the higher units and advanced higher units are smile.gif Perhaps its different for every school whether or not they decide??

#11 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(Gavers @ Aug 13 2005, 10:33 PM)
I think its a bit mince when in art (i dont do the subject, but know folks who do), they send away your final piece you do for the exam and theres no way of you getting it back. One of my friends did one of her best pieces of art in that exam, and now its locked up forever. Unless we decide to break into the SQA's stores.... hehehe  ph34r.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

I don't know if it's locked away, i hear its burned, what reason would thet have to keep it? I got my higher stuff back, we had to pay £5 for it, you should speak to your art teacher about it.

#12 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

It is possible to see your papers, and I am very interested in seeing (Or at least getting copies of) mine, especially my English where I was surprised to see I got three grades lower than I expected. The same goes for my Modern Studies where I got an A and was expecting a D/C. After seeing your past papers marked throughout the year, I'd love to see my papers and compare.

The last I heard ont he topic, you write or call the SQA and enquire about it. Generally, not much more information is known as papers are rarely sought after once the exams are done.

#13 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:18 PM

Its not possible to see papers but I do think if you talk to your teacher/SQA co-ordinator or the SQA themselves then you can get artwork back. Phone now though as they scrap them after September.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#14 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Aug 14 2005, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE(Gavers @ Aug 13 2005, 10:33 PM)

View Post

I don't know if it's locked away, i hear its burned, what reason would thet have to keep it? I got my higher stuff back, we had to pay £5 for it, you should speak to your art teacher about it.

View Post

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif What reason would they have to keep it??!!!

Because we spent all damn year on it!! Its alright in english and stuff where you have copies of almost every essay...in art you dont really have copies of your drawings/ paintings do you??

#15 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 15 2005, 12:14 PM)
Because we spent all damn year on it!!

View Post

But do the SQA care? It's an expense that they don't want to pay out on.

It's a damned shame that all the hard work is incinerated! sad.gif

#16 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Aug 15 2005, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 15 2005, 12:14 PM)
Because we spent all damn year on it!!

View Post

But do the SQA care? It's an expense that they don't want to pay out on.

It's a damned shame that all the hard work is incinerated! sad.gif

View Post

Yeah i suppose. Thankfully my school buy ours back for us. Not for the standard grades though, which is a shame.

#17 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

Don't the SQA send back the Higher Design and Expressive sheets anyay? Not that I really care because I didn't put much effort into mine. I did a really crap painting for the practical exam as well. :/
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#18 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Aug 15 2005, 03:36 PM)
Don't the SQA send back the Higher Design and Expressive sheets anyay? Not that I really care because I didn't put much effort into mine. I did a really crap painting for the practical exam as well. :/

View Post

Thats what i thought before. I didnt know what I was goingt o do for the practical exam until I sat there with a still life in front of me. Then it all came clear smile.gif Easypeasy.

#19 Ricky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

I actually heard from a source that it is possible to get your papers back - seemingly it is something to do with the data protection act.

You should email them as i have had no luck in getting a reply so far...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users