Calling all those goin to Strathclyde!

585 replies to this topic

Poll: which faculty do you have a place in at strathclyde? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

which faculty do you have a place in at strathclyde?

1. Law, Arts and Social Sciences (11 votes [20.37%])

Percentage of vote: 20.37%

2. Business (8 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. Education (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Engineering (8 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

5. Science (22 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

6. Other (2 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Scott_Cameron

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lesse now...<br /><br />I have an *obsession* over A/V hardware and Tails. Yes, that guy from the Sonic the Hedgehog games. XD I'm also very much into Computing hardware of any kind. ^^ I've been a gamer ever since I got that NES when I was 3 and a half years old, and I'm quite into Art and Anime. ^^

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:07 AM

I'll be studying a MEng in Computer Science. smile.gif

*waves to sparky, Dave, and pseudotoxic* See you guys soon!

Anybody here got an idea of their individual registration date? I've been told I should recieve my information pack soon.

#22 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

Where did you find out you'd be getting the information pack?? All i've had is an official acceptance letter that did't really say much?!

#23 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

freshers week info tongue.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#24 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

More detailed pdf on freshers week. [link]
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#25 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

you'll get a registration form sent out to you, somewhere pretty soon, & a load of other info aswell, from your department, faculty, etc. trust me, you'll get tons of stuff in the post between now & september!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#26 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:53 AM

well......

my, i wasnt motivated enuf. My day lasted from 9-5 (mon-fri) with only 3 hours bein lectures, i had 5 hours break each day! all that waitin about was awful, a lot of the times i just gave up and went home....that was my biggest problem. I had to resit geog exam recenctly, but instead of resittin that, i thot i would venture out and try my luck at strath! so i did, and i got in.....

But it all depends on the subjects you pick! u cud hav lects 9-12 and that would be you finished! i wasnt that fortunate!

me failing geog was due to my bad essays! i am a scientist not a writer! i cant write essays to save myself....

strong advice: pick courses you kno you will like, enjoy, pass, succeed....wen i chose geog, it was because i had done it at school and it was the most relevant subject out of them all to finish off my choice of 3 (others bein physics and maths). But now, i wish i went for a brand new subject eg Astronomy, Earth Science etc...

i will be quiet now!

Now that you're starting at Strathclyde are you going into 2nd year or do you have to start at 1st year again? I really hope my timetable at Glasgow isn't like yours!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#27 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Aug 14 2005, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE(JiLL @ Aug 13 2005, 06:18 PM)
faculty of law/arts and social scoences

View Post

Me too! Have you decided what subjects you're gonna be doing?

View Post

omg how strange! someone on this forum doing the same thing as me!! woop!!lol.. yeh i think i have pretty much decided what i am gonna do : geography,french,human resource management, marketing and psychology!, how about u? have u decided yet!?! smile.gif
beast

#28 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Aug 16 2005, 11:53 AM)
well......

my, i wasnt motivated enuf. My day lasted from 9-5 (mon-fri) with only 3 hours bein lectures, i had 5 hours break each day! all that waitin about was awful, a lot of the times i just gave up and went home....that was my biggest problem. I had to resit geog exam recenctly, but instead of resittin that, i thot i would venture out and try my luck at strath! so i did, and i got in.....

But it all depends on the subjects you pick! u cud hav lects 9-12 and that would be you finished! i wasnt that fortunate!

me failing geog was due to my bad essays! i am a scientist not a writer! i cant write essays to save myself....

strong advice: pick courses you kno you will like, enjoy, pass, succeed....wen i chose geog, it was because i had done it at school and it was the most relevant subject out of them all to finish off my choice of 3 (others bein physics and maths). But now, i wish i went for a brand new subject eg Astronomy, Earth Science etc...

i will be quiet now!

Now that you're starting at Strathclyde are you going into 2nd year or do you have to start at 1st year again? I really hope my timetable at Glasgow isn't like yours!

View Post

first year. which suits me cos i can learn new subjects (in terms of electives)

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#29 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:24 PM

x
@

#30 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Aug 17 2005, 01:24 PM)

Might see you in geog, HRM and psych if I do choose them! How strange indeed. biggrin.gif

View Post

the psychology class for one (i have a feeling HRM & geo are similar sizes) has 400 people in it. i kid you not!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#31 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

yeh! my geog class at glasgow had 600 odds! physics was bout 150
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#32 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

yikes! my first year physics classes were only about 70! less by the end of the year, obviously!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#33 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:38 PM

I got my registration stuff today and i've got an interview on the 16th of september!

#34 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:44 PM

x
@

#35 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

well i dont have my stuff either
so u not alone

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#36 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

I haven't received any registration information yet either, so I wouldn't worry just yet. Apparently it arrives around 3 weeks before registration begins, so I would probably expect it anytime now.
Mark

#37 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

i ain't got mine yet either
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#38 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

me neither...although my cousin has!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#39 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

x
@

#40 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:11 AM

I got my registration back in the post this morning. Meeting with the adviser on the 20th at 2pm! tongue.gif

There's a load of sheets/leaflets in with it too! :-/
Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users