Calling all those goin to Strathclyde!

585 replies to this topic

Poll: which faculty do you have a place in at strathclyde? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

which faculty do you have a place in at strathclyde?

1. Law, Arts and Social Sciences (11 votes [20.37%])

Percentage of vote: 20.37%

2. Business (8 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. Education (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Engineering (8 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

5. Science (22 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

6. Other (2 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:49 AM

user posted image

Please specify the subjects you are stuyding!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#2 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:51 AM

Well I might go to Strathclyde to study either Technology and business w/ accounting or just pure accounting.

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

i'm already at strathy - going into 2nd year studying physics
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:03 PM

strath computer science

as is

sparky
pseudtoxic (software engineering though)
scott cameron
others to which i cant remember lol

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#5 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:29 PM

Strathclyde Aero-mechanical Engineering biggrin.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#6 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

Business- But economics and Geography

#7 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

Faculty of Science, and as Dave rightly stated, Computer Science MEng.
Mark

#8 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

immunology and pharmacology

#9 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:06 PM

MEng Chemical Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering.

#10 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Katrina @ Aug 12 2005, 10:18 PM)
immunology and pharmacology

View Post

my cousin has a place on that course!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#11 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

well, i mite as well be honest now! I went to Glasgow uni for a year 04-05 but didnt like it that much, decided on not goin back and instead I am goin to Strath to do Maths. I called the uni the other day and they offered me a place strate away! i was chuffed! hopefully i will find it a better uni than glasgow! or else i wud have made a big mistake!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#12 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:18 PM

faculty of law/arts and social scoences
beast

#13 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

see i wondered why u started this thread paul

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#14 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:27 PM

lol....yeh! a thot ppl would wonder! gave me an opening to tell u wot i am doin!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#15 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

What made you want to move?
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#16 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

well......

my, i wasnt motivated enuf. My day lasted from 9-5 (mon-fri) with only 3 hours bein lectures, i had 5 hours break each day! all that waitin about was awful, a lot of the times i just gave up and went home....that was my biggest problem. I had to resit geog exam recenctly, but instead of resittin that, i thot i would venture out and try my luck at strath! so i did, and i got in.....

But it all depends on the subjects you pick! u cud hav lects 9-12 and that would be you finished! i wasnt that fortunate!

me failing geog was due to my bad essays! i am a scientist not a writer! i cant write essays to save myself....

strong advice: pick courses you kno you will like, enjoy, pass, succeed....wen i chose geog, it was because i had done it at school and it was the most relevant subject out of them all to finish off my choice of 3 (others bein physics and maths). But now, i wish i went for a brand new subject eg Astronomy, Earth Science etc...

i will be quiet now!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#17 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

Faculty of Education biggrin.gif Doing Primary teaching based at the jordanhill campus
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#18 Rachael_McD

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

Strathclyde Business School, think I will do Economics and Business Law, might change though since all the courses in the business school are very flexible.

#19 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

x
@

#20 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE($D$2 @ Aug 12 2005, 11:51 AM)
Well I might go to Strathclyde to study either Technology and business w/ accounting or just pure accounting.

View Post

I'm doing accounting so I suppose I might see you!

QUOTE(Dave @ Aug 12 2005, 01:03 PM)
strath computer science

as is

sparky
pseudtoxic (software engineering though)
scott cameron
others to which i cant remember lol

View Post

Might do that as my optional!
QUOTE(dondon @ Aug 12 2005, 07:18 PM)
Business- But economics and Geography

View Post

I have to do economics- do want to but have to do it for accreditation.

QUOTE(Rachael_McD @ Aug 14 2005, 03:37 PM)
Strathclyde Business School, think I will do Economics and Business Law, might change though since all the courses in the business school are very flexible.

View Post

Have to do Business Law to and I like Business Law so again I might see you too!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users