Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Nokia 6230/6230i - HSN forum

Nokia 6230/6230i

14 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

Whats the difference between these two phones ?

Does anyone have either of these? If so, what are they like?

#2 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:34 PM

I got a Nokia 6230i yesterday, very pleased with it.

I am with O2 - if you want pay as you go it is ~£260 I think (bit less maybe), if you get a contract like I did then it will be free.

The 6230i is the upgraded version of the 6230, I think it has a bigger screen, bigger memory, better camera and a few more features.

I saw a comparison of the two phones on Nokia's website somewhere if you want to have a look for it.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#3 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

See here: http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,69538,00.html
user posted image

#4 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

Ooar, thats a really nice phone. It's my birthday soon so i was thinking about getting a new phone, although i quite fancied a little flip one. Not sure though unsure.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#5 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:20 PM

rather expensive phones may i say!!!! do most people go for a contract with these high price phones?

#6 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

I normally get a contract...I tend to make good use of the several hundred text messages per month biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#7 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Aug 11 2005, 12:22 AM)
I normally get a contract...I tend to make good use of the several hundred text messages per month biggrin.gif

View Post

i went on a contract once.. on a 3310.. ended up having to go to OFCOM to get it sorted out! the people put me into a 2year contract instead of the agreed 1 year deal and said they couldnt do anythign about it.. lost about £150 quid in the process.. never again lol!. i use easymobile now.. and its gd.

#8 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience smile.gif

I really like being on a contract. It also saves the hassle of topping up tongue.gif I'm lazy i know.

#9 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:47 PM

O2 payg genie sim is amazing. 300 free texts a month for a tenner top up and free gprs wap.

But I digress. The 6230i has a megapixel camera as opposed to a VGA on the 6230. That's all I know off the top of my head. But if you go to Nokia.com and select the "Compare phones" feature and feed in the two, you'll get a comprehensive breakdown.

#10 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:48 PM

When did the nokia 6230i come out?

#11 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

It came out earlier this year I think.

Certainly is expensive but if you get a contract it will be free.
user posted image

#12 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:38 AM

does anyone over here have a £50 or over contract???

#13 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

a month? thats insane. unless ur in for a huge plan with loads of cashback.

#14 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

lol

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#15 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

I think my brother pays about 60 or 70 quid a month but that is cheaper for him cos he was spending mayb 100 quid a month on pay as you go!! he has the new siemens with the amazing 2 mega pixels camera! i'm quite jealous!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users