What did you get in 2005 Higher English?

47 replies to this topic

Poll: What grade did you get in 2005 Higher English? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What grade did you get in 2005 Higher English?

1. A (17 votes [34.00%])

Percentage of vote: 34.00%

2. B (15 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. C (10 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. D (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Fail (No Award) (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Vickram @ Aug 11 2005, 10:22 PM)
I got a B which im really proud of becuase I left the exam without sitting the two essays (long story) so Im amazed I passed never mind with a B
  Well Done everyone, some amazing results
  Luv
  Vicky

View Post

Well that puts me to extreme shame!
I got a D and I done both part!! sad.gif
I really couldn't do english, I don't know how I didn't get moved down to Int 2 because some ohter people did.

Well at least I didn't fail, maybe jst maybe I can appeal.

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#22 Lynnphocite

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, theatre, guitar, music, dancing, gigging.. anything arty really.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

C!!!! I'm sooooooooo definitely appealing!

#23 CatWoman

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(AmAnDa @ Aug 12 2005, 02:22 PM)
I got a B which im really proud of becuase I left the exam without sitting the two essays (long story) so Im amazed I passed never mind with a B
  Luv
  Vicky

View Post

I really couldn't do english, I don't know how I didn't get moved down to Int 2 because some ohter people did.

View Post

Don't beat yourself over it and don't compare yourself to other people. I really dont' understand how someone can get a B without sitting the second paper. Really strange. I wish you luck with your appeal.

CatWoman

#24 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

Hey CatWoman how did you get on then? smile.gif

#25 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:56 PM

Erm how can you get a B without sitting the second paper Vikram the close reading is only worth 50%.

#26 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:01 PM

Does she not mean that she only wrote one essay?? coz you couldnt get an B unless the grade boundaries were incredibly low this year!?

#27 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

I think you get this thing if you're sick like a wee slip to fill out. Apparently that somehow compensates. Not sure.

#28 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

Possibly through the derived grades system

#29 CatWoman

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(dfx @ Aug 12 2005, 06:20 PM)
Hey CatWoman how did you get on then? smile.gif

View Post

I got a B and thanks for asking. Remember how worried I was?????????? Well chuffed so I am. I got A's in my other two subjects. I got into my uni course!!! I am so happy. biggrin.gif

#30 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

Thats gr8! Well done. smile.gif

#31 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:46 PM

I got a B which I was expecting to get if everything went OK.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#32 coolio

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:29 PM

There is something completely screwed up at my school. I got a B in my first prelim then an A in the second and got a bloomin D in the exam.

Somethin weird has happenned cos the people who were crap and didnt turn up all year got A's and B's and the people who were expected to get A's and B's got D's and C's.

Even the Dux in my class only got a C! Im bloomin ragin!! and really upset sad.gif

#33 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

Yup that happened to some people in our school too!! me included!! I agree it is very unfair!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#34 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(CatWoman @ Aug 12 2005, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE(AmAnDa @ Aug 12 2005, 02:22 PM)
  Luv
  Vicky

View Post

View Post

Don't beat yourself over it and don't compare yourself to other people. I really dont' understand how someone can get a B without sitting the second paper. Really strange. I wish you luck with your appeal.

CatWoman

View Post

Thanx! I don't think there is a very big chance they will except my appeal, but Im not going to get to excited. Tee Hee!!

As I said I really stuggled with English, and so didnt expect anything other than a C or a D!

Anyway im happy, Im not going to let it upset me, because really I tried my best and there is NOTHING else I can do!!

biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#35 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(coolio @ Aug 13 2005, 06:29 PM)
There is something completely screwed up at my school. I got a B in my first prelim then an A in the second and got a bloomin D in the exam.

Somethin weird has happenned cos the people who were crap and didnt turn up all year got A's and B's and the people who were expected to get A's and B's got D's and C's.

Even the Dux in my class only got a C! Im bloomin ragin!! and really upset sad.gif

View Post

I got the merit award for my class in English last year as well and only got awarded a D from the final. It was appealed to a C but I was still disappointed. :/
It seems many of the markers are too straight laced in the way they mark papers.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#36 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

Well i hate enlish, i have always done rubbish in it. I cant structure an essay for anything which didnt help...

So I was glad with my C pass biggrin.gif

but i don't have to do english again in my whole life so im happy!!!

#37 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(coolio @ Aug 13 2005, 06:29 PM)

View Post

ohmy.gif thats real unfair. Is your school going to do anything about it?

#38 CatWoman

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

It is very unfair. I agree. There was a girl in my English class who hardly ever turned up (I did my Highers at College) and when she did all she ever did was talk. I was expecting her to fail but she got a C which amazed me cos she was never there! Anyway the girl who sat next to me in English was ALWAYS there and she worked really hard and I felt gutted for her when she got a D. It is unfair. I a lot depends on your luck on the day.

#39 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:07 PM

i got a C .. deserved atleast a B.. IM APPEALING!!!... well. yeah.. actually.. i will.

#40 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

i got a B an im so happy its unbelievable i didnt pass my close reading nab until a week before the exam an i only passed it by 2 marks an id only ever passed 2 practice essays in the whole year so i was expectin a fail so im still in shock i cant believe i actually passed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users