Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How did We all Do? - HSN forum

How did We all Do?

8 replies to this topic

#1 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

I know there is a separate section for this but There are too many pages to go through. How did everyone do in the H Accounts exam this year.

I got an A and was well happy because I had assured myself a B was all i would get for all the mistakes I thought I made.

Anyone do better than expected aswell.

Anyone get what they needed and away to carry on at Uni?

#2 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

I got a B but will be appealing if I can. I was already into uni and am not letting the fact that I got Bs in Accounting and Business and As in everything else over the last two years (and they are what am doing at uni) put me off.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#3 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

I got a C and I thought I would get no award. I'm very happy over the result! I'm assuming they might have lowered the pass mark down as sometimes I was writing complete nonsense and I made up answers to most of the theory (which I was never good at and never even heard some of it before).

#4 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

I would consider Accounting as an option for me in the future. My maths teacher told me if you do a maths degree you can become a charted accountant in 1 year after this. Does anyone know if that is true?

#5 Ami

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:47 AM

i got a B, which is great because i thought i would fail it blink.gif and that's with not knowing how to do one of the compulsorys!

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(Shaun @ Aug 11 2005, 09:14 PM)
I would consider Accounting as an option for me in the future.  My maths teacher told me if you do a maths degree you can become a charted accountant in 1 year after this.  Does anyone know if that is true?

View Post

No its not strictly true. If you do a maths degree with statistics in it then you can do a 1year coversion course to accounting but that doesnt make you chartered, you still need to do your professional exams which can take 1/2 years. So really its an extra 2/3 years after your maths degree. You can become an unchartered accountant with a maths degree easily and then do your exams after training with a firm and thats probably the 1 year thing .

#7 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Shaun @ Aug 11 2005, 10:14 PM)
I would consider Accounting as an option for me in the future.  My maths teacher told me if you do a maths degree you can become a charted accountant in 1 year after this.  Does anyone know if that is true?

View Post

depending on the level you do at uni for maths, you will be exempt from certain exams (modules) in ur CA qualification course. If you do Accountancy at uni, that still dosnt exempt you from all the exams to become a CA.

#8 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

Well, I've just checked the SQA document and you needed 47% to get a C. I thought the passrate would have been much lower (40%). You may think this is extremely low but Higher Physics 2004 the pass rate for a C for 39%!

#9 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Aug 15 2005, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE(Shaun @ Aug 11 2005, 10:14 PM)

View Post

depending on the level you do at uni for maths, you will be exempt from certain exams (modules) in ur CA qualification course. If you do Accountancy at uni, that still dosnt exempt you from all the exams to become a CA.

View Post

Duh yeh, we all have to do the professional exams, I know that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users