Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
My Answers for Higher Accounts - HSN forum

My Answers for Higher Accounts

19 replies to this topic

#1 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:02 PM

Q1 - PLC: The Net Profit before tax was £172k, Corporation Tax of £43k, Final Unappropriated Profit of £17k. Final Balances for Balance Sheet was £2121k.

#2 onlycowdenfanhere

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:17 PM

I got an approproated loss...but it still balanced. I was only 30,000 out. So I must of done a wee silly thing wrong. Still, I should get 21-23 prolly for that question!

#3 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:25 PM

You both got different answers! I hope when I do it next year I dont make any silly mistakes, I cant afford to!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#4 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:26 PM

In a subject like Accounting and Finance we all do wink.gif

#5 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:57 PM

I done standard grade accounts and I remember that sometimes your accounts could balance even though some of the things are completely wrong! It's quite weird how it works out! blink.gif

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

Yeh thats something to do with double errors etc- they are covered in the Higher course under correction of errors
I know that I will make mistakes but because I am a crash higher I cant afford to make to many

#7 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:49 AM

Look guys, don't worry about it too much. Accounts is a huge topic but learning the layouts is 75% of all revision. I probably couldn't tell you the Manufacturing layout just yet but I've got bits of it in my mind. Just practice once in a while. As long as you put the right figures in the right place (Lets face it, Cost of Good Sold gets you a few marks? You're copying figures from the question!!) then you should be sorted with that and knowing the layouts.

The problem comes with the theory questions which will be harder. More often than not though, if you use common sense then you can't go too far wrong, plus, theory isn't too much of the marks. Losing 40 marks will still get you an A pass. Getting 101/200 gets you a C pass! Think positive about it and don't sweat. Learn your layouts, study partnerships, companies and profit maximisation and you've got some big marks there! I hope that helps!

#8 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:11 PM

Yeh well I did Business Management last year so basically I've done most of the theory twice so I will be fine in that respect. I can remember the layout and my teacher says she wants me to aim for 90%.

#9 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:38 PM

Is that exam out of 200? Seems like quite a bit.

#10 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

Well my prelim is (My teacher has given us a basic understanding of how our questions will be layed out). Two 50 marks, two 40 marks and two 10 mark theory questions. I'd prefer that than five essays in 90 minutes for Modern Studies!

#11 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Well yeh the exam is out of 200 but to be honest its only cos they have doubled the marks you get for doing each bit of working so instead of getting a half mark for something you get a full one.

#12 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Feb 15 2005, 10:40 AM)
Well yeh the exam is out of 200 but to be honest its only cos they have doubled the marks you get for doing each bit of working so instead of getting a half mark for something you get a full one.

View Post

but if they doubled the marks you wouldnt get odd marked questions, lol i get what you mean though

#13 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

I'm so annoyed I only got 70% in the prelim and think I have failed the exam, what would I get on appeal?

#14 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:23 PM

hmm,... maybe, but only to a maxium of a B because you apply to the grade below and you barely got the A,... it might not be worth applying for because of them raising the standard, you normally need a strong appeal, like 85% upwars and thats just to get a B.

#15 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

What if I did a second prelim now?

#16 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

it would need to be under exam conditions and you would need to well because it would average

#17 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:30 PM

Yeh of course
What if I just did it as a whole other exam to my first prelim and got like 85%+ in it?

#18 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:30 PM)
Yeh of course
What if I just did it as a whole other exam to my first prelim and got like 85%+ in it?

View Post

well say you got 100% you would get 85% overall cause you average the two prelims

#19 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

Ok I get it now

#20 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 08:33 PM)
Ok I get it now

View Post

gd gd smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users