Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 467

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#9321 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

That's my old school, heh

#9322 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

Paul! very random question....do you by any chance do tutoring? sorry, really a very random question, but i do have a reason for asking!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9323 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

wellllll...

tutorin has been on my agenda recently over the past 2 weeks... my teachin tutor advised all of the class to try n tutor a few pupils in the lead up to and durin our placements to help with one to one communication in the classroom...so i have been advertisin in tesco and the likes and my old school aswell...no luck so far!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#9324 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

My friend said to our old head of maths, and if there's any parents looking for tutoring for their kids, she recommends her. She's tutoring two boys at the moment, a bit cheaper than your average tutor because she isn't qualified clearly, but it's going quite well I think.

#9325 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 16 2007, 12:30 PM) View Post
wellllll...

tutorin has been on my agenda recently over the past 2 weeks... my teachin tutor advised all of the class to try n tutor a few pupils in the lead up to and durin our placements to help with one to one communication in the classroom...so i have been advertisin in tesco and the likes and my old school aswell...no luck so far!

lol, i saw your advert in tesco! thats why i was asking, for some weird reason i thought i knew of someone doing maths with teaching, & turns out i was right!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9326 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

hahahaha weiiird! wot tesco? barrhead or pollok? i just stay up the road from the pollok one!

kl...

soooo...

ANY1 WANT TUTORED?!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#9327 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:22 PM

No thanks. tongue.gif

#9328 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 16 2007, 09:43 PM) View Post
hahahaha weiiird! wot tesco? barrhead or pollok? i just stay up the road from the pollok one!

kl...

soooo...

ANY1 WANT TUTORED?!

the pollok one, lol. i'm in there far too often with the other half - we always seem to get the munchies at random times!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9329 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Gah, wish my sore throat would just piss off. dry.gif Had it for over three weeks now, it's like a serrated knife has been shoved down my throat, and every time I swallow, it edges in just a little more, and back up. Agony. sad.gif Even lemsip max doesn't help much. *sighs* I'd been waking up every 20 minutes while in bed because of the pain. Wonder what the hell's causing this. >_>

#9330 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

one word, tonsilitus

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#9331 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, the doctor seemed to think so as well, when I went today. Ach well.

#9332 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

Since it's been as quiet as night time in the middle of the desert here, I'll just make a random post here.

So...yeah...

Hello! =]

#9333 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

Is it usually this cold in September? Maybe I'm just loosing my mind but I really don't remember having to de-ice the car last September blink.gif.
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#9334 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

3rd year comp sci is such a jump from 2nd year, feeling so exhausted and only been back a few days sad.gif

#9335 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(floss @ Sep 27 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post
Is it usually this cold in September? Maybe I'm just loosing my mind but I really don't remember having to de-ice the car last September blink.gif.

i know, been thinking that myself. but last winter was fairly warm as they go, so maybe we're due a freezing cold one this year!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9336 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

It's depressingly dead on these forums now...
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#9337 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

*cry*

I love this forum. I've met so many cool people through our random ramblings.

It's pretty sad to see it dead like this. sad.gif

#9338 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Don't worry kids - Scotty B is back to bring some life to General Chat. biggrin.gif

DA RA DA DA!

#9339 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:36 PM

Da ra da da? Seriously, Scott? Seriously?

I've been tres busy aved l'université. They like to pile on the work, these French types. I'm only in three days so that's quite nice.

#9340 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif boo

the death of hsn eh. hmm. thought this might happen.

Like Lindsay, I am a busy girlie now too.

So this is me signing off.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users