Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 455

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#9081 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

I just quit Warehouse. Hahaha... I have no staying power whatsoever. :X

But it is justified. I mean, Mrs Warehouse wanted me in ever second that I wasn't in Accessorize really.

"I can't do that day, I'm in Accessorize then."
"But what time do you start in Accessorize?"
"Err... All day!"

Which was always a lie because I only do 4 hour shifts in Accessorize, the odd full day if they're desperate. But hey ho.

Mrs Warehouse had me down for 24 hours this week. At the interview, she'd said there were 20 hour and 8 hour contracts, and that I'd get an 8 hour if I got the job because of uni etc. Which was fine, because I could do it on top of my Accessorize hours. If it had been a 20 hour, I would have just taken that and quit Accessorize. But it wasn't a 20 hour I got, it was an 8, which is why I thought I could handle the two.

However, I can't handle the two. And I love Accessorize, they're nice to me. And they have a better discount. And they check if you can do overtime before they start giving you random shifts.

So, yes, after four shifts in Warehouse, I am gone.

I will use my spare time wisely though. Driving lessons will be restarted, I will re-start writing the First Best Seller and I may have to go help my auntie out a couple of days. She has two under-5's and she just severed two nerves and a tendon in her middle finger on her left hand, so she sort of needs an extra pair of hands. Especially seeing as Annie has been a bit stroppy since Calum, who doesn't stop moving, arrived a month or so ago. I'm also going to try get some work experience at my local newspaper. Just because I think it might be handy to have some proper newspaper experience under my belt. I would phone the Daily Record but no doubt they'd end up sitting me somewhere near that silly Razz Girl and I'd want to smack her. Most irritating woman EVER.

#9082 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

My summer job is really rubbishy aswell. Lindsay, you know you once compared the thought of working in a Starbucks with working in MacDonalds? I think I may now agree with you there! dry.gif

I'm down 40 hours per week for the next 3 weeks. unsure.gif But I'm in a different Starbucks next week so it might be better there. I hope. Its all money though!

It isn't all bad though and it does have it's small good points. Like the free choice of drink.... everyone should try a Mocha Infusia Cremice, if you have not already done so. With cream on top. And caramel sauce on top of that. biggrin.gif

Oh! And my art skills are coming in handy! I got a queue of cheering customers today for making the most beautifully decorated Caramel Macciato! Its amazing how trivial my life is becoming! tongue.gif

#9083 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jul 2 2007, 11:20 PM) View Post
I thought it was alright. The storyline was horribley cheesy but they put in lots of little things that werre good.

It was kinda like Pirates 3. Rushed and unbelievable, but still... DAVID TENNANT!

#9084 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:53 AM

x
@

#9085 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:47 PM

I made far, far, far too much rice for dinner. I mean faaaaarr too much. Like, it's a small pyramid of rice sitting in a dustbin lid.

Rice is a fill-ye-up food, so this is going to go to waste. :/

Pity. It might have been able to erradicate world hunger. <.<

EDIT: Scrap that. Ate it all. OMIGOD IT HURTS!

#9086 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

I made dinner for me and my wee brother tonight! AND I made fairy cakes this afty. AND I've got a carrot cake in the oven as we speak.

Bree of Desperate Housewives fame, eat your heart out.

#9087 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 4 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post
AND I've got a carrot cake in the oven as we speak.

Congratulations, Lindsay!!! biggrin.gif

#9088 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

The next Delia Smith, eh? tongue.gif

#9089 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Jul 4 2007, 06:47 PM) View Post
I made far, far, far too much rice for dinner. I mean faaaaarr too much. Like, it's a small pyramid of rice sitting in a dustbin lid.

Rice is a fill-ye-up food, so this is going to go to waste. :/

Pity. It might have been able to erradicate world hunger. <.<

EDIT: Scrap that. Ate it all. OMIGOD IT HURTS!

Had you not eaten it couldn't you have just put it in the fridge and eaten it tomorrow? Ok, I know it causes more stomach bugs than anything but that's only becuase people don't heat it up properly. EGG FRIED RICE!!!

#9090 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

The carrot cake was a bit of a disaster. It was a bit gooey in the middle. But the plan is to just cut it up and bin the minging bit.

And thank you, Switch, but I said "carrot cake" and not "bun" tongue.gif

I'm going to visit my auntie tomorrow and help look after the babies. Which probably means I'll be sitting in Annie's wendy house all afternoon. Hooray! biggrin.gif

#9091 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jul 4 2007, 09:20 PM) View Post
Had you not eaten it couldn't you have just put it in the fridge and eaten it tomorrow? Ok, I know it causes more stomach bugs than anything but that's only becuase people don't heat it up properly. EGG FRIED RICE!!!

Fried rice? Pfft. It was just plain boiled rice. I can't fry for crap.

If I'd put it in the fridge, I'd have never seen it again. Someone else would be eating it before I'd even closed the fridge door and after all the effort I went to to boil the rice, I wasn't letting that happen. <.<

My mistake, Lindsay. I thought 'carrot cake' was Airdrie slang. tongue.gif

#9092 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 4 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post
I made dinner for me and my wee brother tonight! AND I made fairy cakes this afty. AND I've got a carrot cake in the oven as we speak.

Bree of Desperate Housewives fame, eat your heart out.

Oooh, multi-talented!

Speaking of Airdrie slang, I remember being in Coatbridge at midnight last year at that Showcase place after a Muse gig when some guy drove up beside my mate's car and asked us if we wanted any "Corn on the Cob". Oh my, it made me laugh. laugh.gif

#9093 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:52 AM

Some random old junkie looking slag thought I was a hooker tonight O_o

On a brighter note a hen party wanted to know what I was offering, shame they weren't really interested, oh well.

#9094 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

I've fallen in love with the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Is it wrong to admit that admit that? :/

#9095 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

Hungover, woke up at 3 and didn't fall back asleep and a full day of work ahead of me. Barr is not happy. sad.gif

#9096 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

sad.gif Just realised what the date is tomorrow...I have such a fear of the number 7, maybe I'll just hide inside all day ph34r.gif
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#9097 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ Jul 6 2007, 12:34 PM) View Post
sad.gif Just realised what the date is tomorrow...I have such a fear of the number 7, maybe I'll just hide inside all day ph34r.gif

7's supposed to be a lucky number. It also just happens to be half of 14, my lucky number. smile.gif

#9098 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

God, it's the 7th of July tomorrow... Two years exactly since I met McFly as well, fact fans tongue.gif

God, it's been too long. I should stalk them when they're up here on tour in November.

#9099 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

7 and the 7 times table have the best numbers ever, minus 5 of course!

#9100 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

The 7 times table is marvellous. I like that 7 7's are 49. Don't ask me why, I just like it.

Did anyone else see Nick Knowles on the telly with the orangutans? I didn't spell that right, but it doesn't matter. Ginger apes. Awwwh, it was lovely. I want to go volunteer to work with the apes now! I know they'd rather have my money, but they're so cute. I want to go play with them. They were getting wheeled about in wheelbarrows and the babies had to wear nappies. Ahhh!

I think I'm getting quite broody. After being in charge of one year old Calum yesterday, I've decided that babies are wonderful. I got to feed him his lunch, and then we were playing on the trampoline and then he was just sitting giggling at me and it was so so so so so so cute! He's adorable!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users