Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 454

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#9061 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 1 2007, 10:25 AM) View Post
I want the ones I can wear at night too, I want to know what it's like to be able to see when I wake up...

You can't see when you wake up, because they dry out when you sleep. tongue.gif

Every morning I have to make my way downstairs and make my breakfast with my eyes shut. It's a wonder I haven't hurt myself. laugh.gif

#9062 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

Ahaha! That's a bit what I'm like if I get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo. I don't bother putting my specs on and stagger out my room, fall over everything in sight, bump into doorframes and the like and eventually make it to the bathroom. It's great fun.

I wish I didn't have crap eyesight. I wish I could see. It would be fab.

#9063 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

That terrorist attack happened just a mile away from my flat, but I think it was the most half assed attempt to create panic. I mean, they could have done a much more high profile attack like blowing up the house of parliament and big ben. All they managed to do at Glasgow Airport was set themselves on fire, did a little bit of structural damage and hurt one person. And they failed in London too. Insane.

#9064 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Jul 1 2007, 01:57 PM) View Post
That terrorist attack happened just a mile away from my flat, but I think it was the most half assed attempt to create panic. I mean, they could have done a much more high profile attack like blowing up the house of parliament and big ben. All they managed to do at Glasgow Airport was set themselves on fire, did a little bit of structural damage and hurt one person. And they failed in London too. Insane.

I dont think they meant to kill people. I think it was designed to scare people rather than be a full blown terrorist attack

#9065 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

I could sell stories about stupid customers in shops - the best one being ages back I was wearing a Tesco T-Shirt at work advertising their Green Clubcard Points scheme and someone came up and asked me if I worked in the shop!? "Erm, no this is the latest summer fashion this year". Eejits! tongue.gif

The roof at work today actually started leaking due to the vast volume of rain that was falling - what has happened to our summer?

Pretty harsh stuff going on at the moment with all the attempted bombings in London and the incident at Glasgow Airport. Not so bad they caught the people right away that did the Glasgow one though.
Mark

#9066 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

I have been completely out of the loop with the terrorist thing (We finished settings at 4, did another set at 6 which finished 9.35 but had to completely set up the restaurant by 9.30 and then didn't finish til about 1 and then had yet another completely full restaurant this lunchtime, it's all been the same people on so no ones really hada chance to watch the news)
I heard it was a couple of neds who actually brought the terrorist down, my brother said he one on the news. I also heard that they didn't realise he had explosives strapped to his body until they brought him to hospital adn tehn had to evacuate the hospital?
If thats true, because it's actually quite hard to find things that aren't up to date (ie yesterdays news) and I'm sooo tired. Can you imagine what the terrorist was thinking? He'd be like "WTF?! this wasn't in the handbook, what am I meant to do?)
Or was what I wrote something I really shouldn't write? I've only been hearing wee bits of rumours, just the funny highlights and ned jokes.

#9067 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

Never work for Warehouse, they are pants.

Do, however, go to Lush. Because I think I may have found a cure to my incredibly dry skin. Sometimes it gets so flakey, people might think I'm a half-decomposed zombie type.

#9068 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:30 PM

Girl at my work was having a puff at that taxi rank five minutes before they hit. :/

#9069 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

x
@

#9070 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jul 1 2007, 10:42 PM) View Post
Anyone want a weekend camping ticket for Titp?

I am suddenly really unexcited about it and don't know if I can be bothered going.

I have fun wellies to wear though. So that's nice.

Do I have to, like, give you the 125 for it?

#9071 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

x
@

#9072 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jul 1 2007, 10:55 PM) View Post
150, mate.

125 since it's me? *puppy eyes*

#9073 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

Hmm I'm not sure. I think they did want to kill people... they tried to get the car to go in the doors and it was full of propane and they had petrol bombs. It was badly planned, if they'd gone for doors 3 or 4 where the smoking area is then there would've been a lot of injuries. I was there and no one really knew what was happening past security. Didn't get home until 2am but it's almost back to normal today, apart from diverted traffic and most of the front doors being closed. And the smoke and water damage obviously!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#9074 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

Maybe they intended to kill people, but the bomb they made certainly didn't!

#9075 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ Jul 1 2007, 11:40 PM) View Post
Maybe they intended to kill people, but the bomb they made certainly didn't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nGjxO_Bfac

#9076 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

lol i remember seeing that scene for the first time and pissing myself at it. Cant wait for the new series to air

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#9077 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

Neither can I. Now DoctorWhos finished I'll need something to watch.

#9078 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jul 2 2007, 07:18 PM) View Post

what did you think of the finale?

i thought it was absolutely shite dry.gif

RTD has destroyed that series(series 3) for me with a great Utopia and a SOund of Drums spoiled by a crap LOTTL

#9079 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(south lanarkshire jag @ Jul 2 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post
QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jul 2 2007, 07:18 PM) View Post

what did you think of the finale?

i thought it was absolutely shite dry.gif

RTD has destroyed that series(series 3) for me with a great Utopia and a SOund of Drums spoiled by a crap LOTTL

I agree. Heck, I didn't enjoy the entire Martha story arc in general. It had so much potential, but they chucked her so early on, leaving them to hurridly wind up any lose threads. Her family for one; there was so emphasis on Martha's family ties during the first few episodes that I expected to see a lot more character development.

#9080 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

I thought it was alright. The storyline was horribley cheesy but they put in lots of little things that werre good.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users