Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 452

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#9021 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 23 2007, 09:09 PM) View Post
I've checked Pegasus about six times a day since I got back from my holidays They're not there. No one doing LASS has them yet.

i thought thats what Lesley was doing? however, if nobody from your faculty's had them yet, my bet is that the LASS exam board just hasn't met yet!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9022 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

But they have. They're just being really lazy about putting the marks up. I think they met on the 18th, the letter from the dean was marked the 20th.

Lesley's in the business school, so's Tuppy. Science have theirs as well. We're just at the tail end it would appear.

#9023 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:52 AM

I'm considering buying an European rail pass for a month, and to go around Europe, just for a laugh. tongue.gif

#9024 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

That would be good fun.

I cant get to sleep. And I have church in the morning sad.gif

#9025 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 23 2007, 10:14 PM) View Post
But they have. They're just being really lazy about putting the marks up. I think they met on the 18th, the letter from the dean was marked the 20th.

Lesley's in the business school, so's Tuppy. Science have theirs as well. We're just at the tail end it would appear.

I got a certificate from the Dean of Science about my performance in 1st year classes. I didn't get it until after I had sat my first diet of exams of 2nd year. So naturally I thought it was about those exams, but it was away back about the 1st yr ones which was most confusing! tongue.gif

I thought all the results would have went up at the same time - obviously not. It's amazing how uni's can run such things with varying degrees of organisation.
Mark

#9026 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

Is anyone about? This'll probably seem like an odd request, but do any of you know how I can cheer a friend of mine up? Her elderly cat has been missing for days now, and she's really rather upset about it, and I'm at a loss as to how to help her sad.gif. Any ideas would be appreciated!
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#9027 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

I can't think of anything I'm afraid. Maybe something small and sweet? Dunno what, a hope you cat gets found card doesn't seem quite right. A hug?

#9028 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Jun 19 2007, 02:05 PM) View Post
One of my mates broke the midbeam on my king sized bed at the party last Sat. Got a fair idea of who it was. But I can't even find the midbeam on its own on the IKEA website, which is very annoying. Anyone bought a bed from IKEA with the midbeam? If you have, any ideas what the price is? I've tried googling it with no luck. sad.gif It's the HAMAR midbeam, if anyone was wondering. I just need to know, so I can tell that person to pay me back for the breakage. tongue.gif

Me Me! 26 it was, but mine is a double not a kingsize but they go lengthyways i thik, im probably far too late anyway, And is itnot made of metal? blink.gif

#9029 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, too late, but thanks anyway. It was 12 for the HAMAR Midbeam. And yeah, it is made of metal. As you can imagine, even metal doesn't take kindly to about 240 kilos or more being thrown on it at once! tongue.gif I got it replaced anyway, so all is good.

#9030 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

Got my exams results at last. I wasn't expecting them to be there, my heart stopped when I saw them, haha!

Passed them all. Hooray! Lowest was English, shock horror. Highest was Sociology which was even more of a shocker.

#9031 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

Why is it when I go on hsn most of the time I don't need to log in, while if I go on after about 11.30 I always have to log in?

#9032 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

I got my result back for my 'Introductory Maths 3' exam.

0/100 </3

On the bright side, it's looking like I only have to resit that and Intro Maths 1 in August, rather than the 4-5 exams I thought I was going to have to resit. You only need an E in non-continuing classes to proceed into Second Year.

#9033 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Was just watchign the Tony Blair moving out of 10 Downing Street...

While my mother (who cries at trivial mattters such as someone winning The Weakest Link) was actually bawling her eyes out, I was laughing my head of at Cherie Blair's wee comment to the press, "BYE! We wont miss you!! biggrin.gif" and then, after the silence, Hew Edwards saying "Oh....I was quite disconcerted when she aimed that comment almost directly at me!"

laugh.gif

I find anything funny.

#9034 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

I love Hew Edwards! He's my favourite news man! He almost makes me want to be a news reader. They're not just news readers at the Beeb - they're proper journalists. Oooh indeed.

My friend's mum's a bit like that when it comes to crying. Honestly cries at anything. At our last prize giving at school, she sat and bubbled. It wasn't even sad. She got a bit tearful when we were down at Gillian's house before she left for America. She was hugging us and saying, "Come see me for a cup of tea over the summer!" It was weird.

#9035 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

Glad to find someone that shares my liking for Hew Edwards! Its the Welsh accent that does it for me happy.gif

AAH. We have no Prime Minister just now!! Exciting stuff!

#9036 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:43 PM

It is his accent. He could just sit and talk all day and I'd never get tired of it.

Bet you there'll be an attack on the country seeing as we don't have a PM.

#9037 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

Spotted a certain Man Utd player in his hometown today. Apparently he almost reached the money list of the World Series of Poker while on holiday! ohmy.gif

#9038 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

I give up. I can no longer see the point and am not going to bother. sad.gif crying.gif sad.gif

EDIT: No, I am not suicidal, just bloomin' annoyed crying.gif
Facebook
Bebo

#9039 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(F.J @ Jun 27 2007, 11:57 PM) View Post
I give up. I can no longer see the point and am not going to bother. sad.gif crying.gif sad.gif

Want a hug, FJ? sad.gif

#9040 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(Switch @ Jun 28 2007, 06:35 AM) View Post
QUOTE(F.J @ Jun 27 2007, 11:57 PM) View Post

Want a hug, FJ? sad.gif

'Twould be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Facebook
Bebo

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users