Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 451

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#9001 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Lesley @ Jun 21 2007, 07:00 PM) View Post
I passed my exams. Superb.

Well done! biggrin.gif I told you they probably wouldn't be so bad!

#9002 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

You're going to work in Starbucks, Sharon? Ooh, man, brave woman. Morning shift would be stress in a vente mug, it really would. With cinamon on top.

Well done again Lesley! I want to know what mine are now sad.gif But not if they're all fails. Not got a good feeling about English at all.

#9003 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

I passed all my exams! Woo Hoo! I actually only sat one exam in the summer there, but it was quite hard, but it's there on Pegasus "PASS" smile.gif

I was watching the Crystal Maze earlier on Challenge TV out of interest to anyone else who watched it years ago! laugh.gif They only won 5 crystals and were pretty poor!
Mark

#9004 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Jun 21 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post
I was watching the Crystal Maze earlier on Challenge TV out of interest to anyone else who watched it years ago! laugh.gif They only won 5 crystals and were pretty poor!

You have to watch this clip! laugh.gif How can someone be so stupid!? I do love how she throws the stick and it continually falls back and hits her, then with about 10 seconds left she realises it might just help to use the beam! I'm mean, I just can't stop laughing when she gets it then immediately takes a fantastic fall into the water! laugh.gif

Which reminds me: I saw Gladiators on Freeview a few weeks ago!

#9005 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

x
@

#9006 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

Mine are shockingly low as well and didn't study much either, so I guess that what happens. I passed, however.

#9007 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 21 2007, 12:02 AM) View Post
I want to holiday. sad.gif But I start work on Friday. (Its now changed to Starbucks.) Depressing. My sleeping pattern might improve though.

In McArthur Glen? ohmy.gif

If it is, I'm totally coming into see you!

#9008 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 19 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post
Oh I think I've found an example of an educated Yorkshire accent. That churchy guy on The History Boys with the fair hair?

wub.gif I shall look into this...

♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#9009 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Jun 21 2007, 10:42 PM) View Post
QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 21 2007, 12:02 AM) View Post
I want to holiday. sad.gif But I start work on Friday. (Its now changed to Starbucks.) Depressing. My sleeping pattern might improve though.

In McArthur Glen? ohmy.gif

If it is, I'm totally coming into see you!

Might be. Might not be. rolleyes.gif

You totally are not! This is an exclusive Starbucks.

#9010 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 22 2007, 12:38 AM) View Post
Might be. Might not be. rolleyes.gif

You totally are not! This is an exclusive Starbucks.

I totally am so! I get staff-discount in the McGlen Starbucks. tongue.gif

#9011 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:43 PM

I swear, you wont find me. tongue.gif

#9012 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

oh help. i'm not liking the fact that all you strathclyders have exam results. that means mine might be up aswell
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9013 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 21 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post
You're going to work in Starbucks, Sharon? Ooh, man, brave woman. Morning shift would be stress in a vente mug, it really would. With cinamon on top.

It was quite stressful today actually sad.gif

I don't have a cluuue about all these million different types of coffees and all these different sprinklings and iced and cream things!

And these bloody Starbucks machines are scaaary compared with what I had last year. They steam and fart and hiss and even wet themselves from time to time.

Damn summer jobs! I can't handle this, I really can't, this is too much for me! tongue.gif Uniform is HIDEOUS.

#9014 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

I've always said that I love and adore Starbucks, but you'd have to pay me at least five times my hourly rate in Accessorize for me to even consider working in there. People and their granda mocha-choca-skinny lattes with some obscure syrup and an extra shot on top are just fussy. Have a latte, maybe a cinammon swirl and bugger off, that's what I say.

#9015 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 21 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post
QUOTE(sparky @ Jun 21 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

You have to watch this clip! laugh.gif How can someone be so stupid!? I do love how she throws the stick and it continually falls back and hits her, then with about 10 seconds left she realises it might just help to use the beam! I'm mean, I just can't stop laughing when she gets it then immediately takes a fantastic fall into the water! laugh.gif

Which reminds me: I saw Gladiators on Freeview a few weeks ago!

Lol. Yeah that clip was hilarious. It always struck me on that program how dim some of the people appeared to be on it. I suppose maybe it might not all be that obvious in the heat of the moment? ph34r.gif

On the subject of getting paid "at least 5 times my hourly rate" I got paid last Friday, and it was a bumper pay, with loads of overtime in it and a bank holiday! Get in! smile.gif
Mark

#9016 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 22 2007, 07:16 PM) View Post
I've always said that I love and adore Starbucks, but you'd have to pay me at least five times my hourly rate in Accessorize for me to even consider working in there. People and their granda mocha-choca-skinny lattes with some obscure syrup and an extra shot on top are just fussy. Have a latte, maybe a cinammon swirl and bugger off, that's what I say.

Exactly. Last year there was just large and small tea and coffees. Now I have to know about 500 prices and recipes of coffee alone, its so stupid.

The good points are that I can help myself to anythign at anytime. Hah. Not going to do much for my figure (i jsut wrote finger) though is it. sad.gif

I'll stop moaning now. dry.gif

#9017 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

Look what I got in the post from uni today:

Dear Miss Cochrane

I write on behalf of the Board of Examiners and the Faculty to compliment you on your very fine academic performance at the recent diet of examinations.

I wish you the very best for next session.

Yours sincerely
Neil Hutton
Dean
Faculty of Law, Arts and Social Sciences

Now, that's lovely and I am delighted that I'm clever enough to get a letter from the dean of the faculty but WHAT ARE MY STUPID RESULTS?!!! I still don't know what I actually GOT for everything. I'm presuming I've passed by the way old Neill Hutton's going on.

I'm getting a bit naffed off about not knowing now.

#9018 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

I'm working with someone who used to work at Starbucks just now, I think it gets better Sharon. (Think she just moved jobs since ours is closer) At least she's never moaned about it and she made them a cake when she left.
That said I don't like doing coffees. I can never get the milk to foam properly, it's so annoying.

And I have 3 days off! In a row! YES!!! I'm still liking work but I'm so tired. Need a day off.

#9019 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 23 2007, 05:18 PM) View Post
Look what I got in the post from uni today:

Dear Miss Cochrane

I write on behalf of the Board of Examiners and the Faculty to compliment you on your very fine academic performance at the recent diet of examinations.

I wish you the very best for next session.

Yours sincerely
Neil Hutton
Dean
Faculty of Law, Arts and Social Sciences

Now, that's lovely and I am delighted that I'm clever enough to get a letter from the dean of the faculty but WHAT ARE MY STUPID RESULTS?!!! I still don't know what I actually GOT for everything. I'm presuming I've passed by the way old Neill Hutton's going on.

I'm getting a bit naffed off about not knowing now.

er, this may be stating the obvious, but i assume you've looked on pegasus?
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9020 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

I've checked Pegasus about six times a day since I got back from my holidays They're not there. No one doing LASS has them yet.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users