Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 437

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#8721 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

19 so far!! Yay...we're not last atm!

And sad.gif Dondon, do we haaaave to?
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#8722 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

I can't believe Serbia won. They were AWFUL.

Ukraine so should have had it. Their dance moves were far superior.

I enjoyed France, too. And Sweden.

#8723 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

its for the good of your own health, really it might seem like a bad thing to do now but you'll be thanking me when all your friends are deaf and you're not

*turning into a granny*

#8724 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:21 PM

I told my girlfriend I would vote for Ukraine but then I voted for Serbia (UK still didn't give them any points - strange!) because they were better and I got bored of Verka Serduchka. I'm still a fan though really (look: http://www.myspace.com/brendan_howard ). I also enjoyed the up-tempo Romanians towards the end of their song. France and the UK were awful. The UK were f**king terrible! lol @ getting 12 points from Malta!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#8725 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

Scooch made the Brittish seem ... sleazy.
'Would you like something to suck on, Sir?'
I mean, I've never heard a flight attendant say that! ohmy.gif
I can't remember who it was, but I thought it was a bit sneaky of one of the countries to sing in a whole bunch of languages...
Facebook
Bebo

#8726 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

That was Romania! I don't quite see it as sneaky though. The fact that the Maltese population gets as strong a say in the voting as the German population is more questionable IMHO!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#8727 babeasc

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

Hated the Serbian song...
Loved the UK song.....
I really am at a loss as to why the Ukranians didnt win, and the Romanians didnt do better....

Thats politics for ya!

'Mon Serbia '08!
Beyond it, and us, shines a greater hope and a brighter future
Can't wait 'til the exams are over!

#8728 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

Tactical then!

No, overall I thought it was better this year.
Except for the bit where they pretended that girl had been chosen to host part of it, the blonde one - Crisse I think it was - ...that made me cringe unsure.gif
Facebook
Bebo

#8729 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

I think if more of the Romanian song was like the last 20 seconds of it and less like the first 2:40 they would have perhaps done better.

#8730 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:45 PM

I wasn't a fan of her either. Playing to the stupid blonde stereotype maybe. Anyway, I didn't laugh. I agree about the show overall: a lot of the songs were pretty good.

#8731 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

I was at cafe kilau again tonight.

Chocolate creps, mmmmmm.

In other news, Sharon is a very very happy girl indeed. Happiest she's been in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

biggrin.gif

#8732 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

I missed Eurovision. T_T Working.

I have been wondering. I was reading a thing SAAS sent me and it says the non-income assesed loan is 870. Is that all the loan I'm getting? I don't mind having to pay it back but 870 only just covers food, I'll be sleeping in a box.

#8733 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 13 2007, 12:25 AM) View Post

I have been wondering. I was reading a thing SAAS sent me and it says the non-income assesed loan is 870. Is that all the loan I'm getting? I don't mind having to pay it back but 870 only just covers food, I'll be sleeping in a box.

sounds to me like you've only applied for the non-income assessed part - did you put in details of your parents income? if not then try resubmitting your application with your parents income details in - provided they're ok with you doing that - & you might get more.

if not, then its cos SAAS have decided your parents earn enough to support you through uni so you're only getting the bare minimum loan (i'm pretty sure the minimum amount you get if you're studying away from home is around the 800 and something mark).
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#8734 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE(dondon @ May 12 2007, 10:51 PM) View Post
please please switch off the eurovision song contest before both your eyes and ears break

I miss my Doctor Who. sad.gif

#8735 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(F.J @ May 12 2007, 11:33 PM) View Post
Scooch made the Brittish seem ... sleazy.
'Would you like something to suck on, Sir?'
I mean, I've never heard a flight attendant say that! ohmy.gif

That was hilarious. The video for it has even more inuendo. Fun times!

To me, Eurovisions all about camp pop. I think the rest of Europe take it really seriously. I mean, what was with all the scary goths? That's not very Eurovision. Get on a spangly jump suit and sing about lemons in June or something.

We put up the translation for the German guy - my GOD, he was fantastic! He was saying massive long paragraphs in about two words in German! He'd take two seconds to say something which, in English would take about half an hour.

I liked the Spanish boyband, too. They were pretty. But I'm a sucker for anything with floppy hair and stupidly white teeth.

#8736 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(broughy @ May 13 2007, 02:01 AM) View Post

sounds to me like you've only applied for the non-income assessed part - did you put in details of your parents income? if not then try resubmitting your application with your parents income details in - provided they're ok with you doing that - & you might get more.

if not, then its cos SAAS have decided your parents earn enough to support you through uni so you're only getting the bare minimum loan (i'm pretty sure the minimum amount you get if you're studying away from home is around the 800 and something mark).

Most likely Ice needs to send proof of her parent's inome to SAAS before they'll tell her how much she's to get.

#8737 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(John @ May 13 2007, 12:03 PM) View Post
QUOTE(broughy @ May 13 2007, 02:01 AM) View Post

Most likely Ice needs to send proof of her parent's inome to SAAS before they'll tell her how much she's to get.

I've not sent anything away yet, was just reading it and it looked like that's all I'm getting. It's very annoying, if I end up in Bristol, and if dad earned (much) less than he did I'd get 5000 free money plus that bit of loan. At least by the looks of things.

I was just looking at the Eurovison lineup. How was The Ark? They were the Swedish entry, a Swedish friend introduced me to them and their non-Eurovision stuff is pretty good.

#8738 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, they were pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oKXIAqwujo

#8739 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

I wish I had Living so I could see the next series of Grey's Anatomy next week sad.gif

I hate sociology, by the way. It's the work of the devil. Exam tomorrow at 2. I want to cry.

#8740 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Thanks Bred.

Good luck Lindsay.

I need to stop procastinating and revise.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users