Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 422

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#8421 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

x
@

#8422 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

Fabulous. I think I'm getting the mumps. Just what I need 3 weeks before my first exam. dry.gif

On a happier note, I had an amazing time last night. Went for a drive up to Loch Lomond at like midnight. Happy days smile.gif

#8423 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:35 PM

^ Hah, we did that once! biggrin.gif

Mumps is really going around isn't it! ohmy.gif I hear that a pile of Aberdeen folks right now have it. Scary stuff.

Meh I've got 2 essays and a biggish pile of Gaelic revision to get through before going back to deen on Saturday sad.gif Not done any of it - I totally faff around too much (was playing Dress Up this afternoon) and it gets me neewwwhere. huh.gif

#8424 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

I can't get on msn dry.gif

On a better note, I got paid 10 for installing Mozilla Firefox. woop!

#8425 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Apr 11 2007, 01:25 PM) View Post
I've had an idea.

Run for cover.

No, really. I just remembered that I have an appointment at the IBD clinic tomorrow, which is always a joy. Especially because they weigh me and that's just awful.

Bit I was thinking. How about I set up a website for teenagers who suffer from IBDs in Scotland? With a forum and such on it, info on the disease and maybe do a couple of blogs on it as well. Someone who's in the midst of Crohn's or colitis, someone who's recovered, that kind of thing.

Because it is yucky. And loads of people go through it, but there's no one for you to talk to. Because it's your bowel, and we don't talk about bowels. Heavens no.

It's amazing what goes through my head when I'm putting off studying.

Sounds like a great idea.

John: Will you ever make an easier 10 in your life!? tongue.gif

#8426 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

Yes, I have, can't remember what how though haha

#8427 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

Is mumps the one you get from kissing people? Or is that glandular fever?

The woman taking my blood at the hospital today was ROUGH. My arm was bent slightly, because I'd just pulled my jacket off and put my arm on the rest thingy, and before I know it, she's got a needle in my arm. Normally they make sure your arm's straight but relaxed. And she must've got a big mother of a vein because I could HEAR the blood spurting out into the wee tube thing. It was horrible.

I just pretended I didn't feel a thing though and chatted away to her.

And when I was waiting to go in, a girl sitting next to me went, "Are you Heather's cousin?" I just looked at her blankly, but turns out she's my cousin's boyfriend's friend's wife (hahaha, get your head round that if you can!) and she recognised me from the paper. The article I did on Crohn's is up on the wall anyway. But she sat and talked to me and my mum for ages. Slightly strange, but she was nice.

#8428 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Apr 12 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post
Fabulous. I think I'm getting the mumps. Just what I need 3 weeks before my first exam. dry.gif

On a happier note, I had an amazing time last night. Went for a drive up to Loch Lomond at like midnight. Happy days smile.gif

One of my friends has the mumps right now! That's what she gets for not getting an MMR booster thingy a couple of years ago like the rest of us. Hopefully I won't get it or I will be raging.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#8429 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

I had mumps a few years ago, but had the MMR vaccine thing so I guess that proves that they aren't fully effective. Although, everyone knows that anyway so it kinda doesn't prove anything. My point is, it's really horrible, and I hope none of you ever get it smile.gif
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#8430 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

I thought the point of the vaccine was so that you didn't get it quite as bad. Like the chicken pox vaccine. No?

Anyway, I've had a pretty lazy day. Spent most of it in the sun. Everyone seems to be outside at the moment. It's such a nice day smile.gif

#8431 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Apr 12 2007, 06:27 PM) View Post
I thought the point of the vaccine was so that you didn't get it quite as bad. Like the chicken pox vaccine. No?

Anyway, I've had a pretty lazy day. Spent most of it in the sun. Everyone seems to be outside at the moment. It's such a nice day smile.gif

Meh. You're right I think. Can anyone else not get onto MSN? sad.gif
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#8432 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

Vaccinations are meant to be a preventative measure against infections and diseases.

Well, so my former teachers say.

EDIT: And Wikipedia

#8433 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ Apr 12 2007, 06:43 PM) View Post
Meh. You're right I think. Can anyone else not get onto MSN? sad.gif

WOW! You use MSN!? Wouldn't have thought that from the posting on here! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Joking aside - my MSN is currently screwed. It's a good thing though - GO OUTSIDE!

#8434 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

my msn's screwed too. sucks
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#8435 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

I'm starting to think it may be a conspiracy for us all to get sunburned and to sweat!!!

#8436 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:50 PM

I can't get back into msn. I signed out 'cause it started playing up. Meh.

#8437 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

Muahahaha I'm not stupid enough to sign out tonight biggrin.gif

#8438 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:03 PM

I sort of had to sign out. It wasn't delivering any of the messages I was sending sad.gif

Anyway, it's a good excuse to tidy my room. It's a tip.

#8439 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

I hardly ever sign out, so I don't experience these silly signing-in problems tongue.gif

#8440 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(Pete @ Apr 12 2007, 08:04 PM) View Post
I hardly ever sign out, so I don't experience these silly signing-in problems tongue.gif

Nerd!

*cough*

I'm taking bets for when he'll hit me for that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users