Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 352

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#7021 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

Work really wasn't that busy today. It was weird. It was busy but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be.

Maybe they're saving that for tomorrow.

And I fancy Ralf Little.

#7022 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yeah town really wasn't that busy. A few big queues, but nothing really bad considering the date.

#7023 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 23 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Dec 22 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

I want a job on retail. Sounds easier than waitressing. And there might even be work in winter.

How very, very wrong you are. I thought it'd be easy too, but it's bloody hard work.

Hard work? Pfft.

"Can I help you at all? No? Okay, I'm here if you need me."

"Yeah, that's the changing rooms up there!"

"That's 6, please!"

"Would you like your reciept in the bag?"

"No, we don't do student discount. Sorry!"

That, coupled with the ability to fold clothes, is pretty much all there is to my job.

#7024 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:55 PM

My job consists of this:

"How old is your child?"

"Are you just accompanying your child?"

"Would you like a Fast Track wristband for an additional 10?"

"That's 19 please"

oh and pushing buttons lol

I sold a grand total of 1 wristbands today.

#7025 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Dec 23 2006, 07:01 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 23 2006, 10:11 AM) View Post

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Dec 22 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

I want a job on retail. Sounds easier than waitressing. And there might even be work in winter.

How very, very wrong you are. I thought it'd be easy too, but it's bloody hard work.

Hard work? Pfft.

"Can I help you at all? No? Okay, I'm here if you need me."

"Yeah, that's the changing rooms up there!"

"That's 6, please!"

"Would you like your reciept in the bag?"

"No, we don't do student discount. Sorry!"

That, coupled with the ability to fold clothes, is pretty much all there is to my job.

Making sure you've spoken to as many customers as possible, asked if they need any help, just general banter.

Dealing with annoyed customers.

Carting heavy boxes up two flights of stairs to the stock room.

Gift wrapping.

Tidying up after customers.

Preparing for the sale.

Teaching the newbies how to do things.

Dealing with printers that don't work.

Having to explain to old ladies that their thirteen year old grand daughter probably won't like that bag and yes, that is all the children's hair stuff we have, and I am very sorry that we don't have any hat pins.

Trying to explain to tourists that you can't find a code for that necklace and you'll have to call another store to get one while they thrust a tenner at you.

Oh, yeah, it's a bundle of laughs.

#7026 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

Try waitressing. That looks an almost releaxing job to me. I've not been in for ages so I'm not sure tha I work there anymore. I'll go for something in retail or else a cafe job next.

QUOTE(John @ Dec 23 2006, 10:14 AM) View Post

Hence why I don't want to go back to retail, I'd prefer to be a prostitute to be honest.

"How old are you?"
"17"
"So I take it I can't take you back to my hotel then.."
"no"
And then you keep having to go back to them and pour drinks and tidy the table and make coffees.

I don't really mind it, there has just got to be easier ways of making money. You do get some funny stuff.
"Is that England?"

#7027 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:33 PM

Try telling people there's no scrambled eggs left. This is a fate worse than death. When I say they can't cope I really mean it. At 10am I have already ruined their day.

My personal best time for getting abuse was 7 minutes into my shift. That was certainly "one of those days".

The other day a man was clearly going off his nut at my carefree/snail like attitude to making coffees. His extensive watch-checking and growing annoyance caught my eye, so I simply went even slower. He was raging and victory was all mine.

Working with the general public is all about personal kicks. That I have learned.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#7028 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

christmas eve in my work is hell on earth. like, seriously. its every man, woman & child for themselves. we have been known to have fights over turkeys. we'll no doubt be mobbed all day. there's so many "first timers" on checkouts now, people who've never worked a christmas in our place before. they're all gonna get the shock of their lives tomorrow, most of them have never seen every checkout open at once!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#7029 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

My work's going to be quiet tomorrow. Complete and utter skive until 4.

Boxing day, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

Good luck to you all. Don't get trampled by the shopper-horde. tongue.gif

#7030 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:59 AM

"DEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSERR!!......ITS CHRISTMAS EVE! ITS CHRISTMAS EVE!! WAAY!!...........DEBAAAAASSSSERRRR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Aaaaahhh! mad.gif

Somebody take this child away from me. He's jumping round like a wee six year old boy.

#7031 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:02 AM

same here

i wish xmas would be banned dry.gif

#7032 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

I hax one of those family party things tonight and i am feeling really quite drunk. I've had hardly anything to drinkeither. hhahah!

MERY CHRISTMAS KIDS!! biggrin.gif

#7033 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

zomg u hax.

Merry Chrristmas too!

ps not durnk at all

#7034 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

Yesterday was my first full day at work, what do i go and do during boredom?

Cut my lip playing with sellotape lol

#7035 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:58 PM

I got so drunk tonight. God, I feel so stupid. I was like all over everyone.

"Yooouuuuu're ma best paaaaal!!!!" kinda-way. >.<;;;

#7036 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa is extra good to all of you.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day I caught you shagging a gay...wait, that's not the correct words! pinch.gif

#7037 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(Scott @ Dec 25 2006, 12:06 AM) View Post

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa is extra good to all of you.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day I caught you shagging a gay...wait, that's not the correct words! pinch.gif

He told me he dropped his wallet!

And yeah, Merry Christmas!

#7038 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

#7039 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

I would wish you all a merry Christmas, but, you know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM8ABteQEHM tongue.gif

#7040 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

LMFAO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users